SportsWrath

Giants Looking at Fiedler as "backup".

Guest Lockhart

Guest Nutty Sack
Sadly the Fag 1 or 4 do actually really want Eli to fail ..... and with it all of next season.

It is difficult to assign any credibility to those who simply spit venom and hatred at Eli , Plax , Shockey , Joseph , Feely , EA ....... the list goes on.

I used to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were attempting to be constructively critical.

That view has long since diminished !

UK...you have it all wrong. We don't wish for Eli to fail. But as Lockhart states the experiment is over and it's time to move on. This team is built to win now.. Don't you want to see them get to the ultimate game next season ?? I don't understand, wouldn't any Giant fan want that ?? Eli is not the answer at this point.......that's not to say that some day he could be the QB of the Giants......but to this point he has failed and needs to go back to the clip board and absorb the game that is played in the NFL.

UK...you have it all wrong. We don't wish for Eli to fail. But as Lockhart states the experiment is over and it's time to move on. This team is built to win now.. Don't you want to see them get to the ultimate game next season ?? I don't understand, wouldn't any Giant fan want that ?? Eli is not the answer at this point.......that's not to say that some day he could be the QB of the Giants......but to this point he has failed and needs to go back to the clip board and absorb the game that is played in the NFL.

If you think that Tim Hasselback or Jay Fiedler can lead the Giants to the SB, you are more fucked up than I ever could have imagined, dye. Time for a reality check, dude. Your rose colored glasses need cleaning.

Guest Lockhart
If you think that Tim Hasselback or Jay Fiedler can lead the Giants to the SB, you are more fucked up than I ever could have imagined, dye. Time for a reality check, dude. Your rose colored glasses need cleaning.

if the Giants could win their division and make the playoffs with Eli, no question Fiedler could carry them through the Super Bowl. Last year the Giants made the playoffs witout a QB, Fiedler would remedy that problem.

Guest Nutty Sack

As , Pembrook Prinkle, the great late New York City Commisoner of Sanitation uttered in 1956, " One mans garbage is another man's treasure."

if the Giants could win their division and make the playoffs with Eli, no question Fiedler could carry them through the Super Bowl. Last year the Giants made the playoffs witout a QB, Fiedler would remedy that problem.

Your head is so far up your ass on Fiedler, people probably hear an echo when you talk. That is if anyone actually cared enough to actually talk to you. The only thing Fiedler could carry to the SB is a ticket on game day. It's sad that you are reduced to riding Fiedler's nuts. Watch out, Barney may get jealous, lap dog. :LMAO:

Guest Carbo

Adding Fiedler to the roster can only help the Giants. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him push Manning in training camp. Why would any clear thinking fan be opposed?

Adding Fiedler to the roster can only help the Giants. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him push Manning in training camp. Why would any clear thinking fan be opposed?

You and clear thinking are just ships passing in the night lockhart, I mean carbo.

Nutty , i grant it that you are probably the most constructive of the fag 4 , but i fail to see the logic in Lockhart's wish that Eli fails in October ... then in disarray we hand over to Fiedler .. and somehow we then have a great season. This is simply nonsense.

Eli will indeed ( and needs to ) work hard in offseason and preseason . I agree

But we have embarked upon and are committed to Eli for at least 1 more year

Do you really think that 11-5 was a total disaster and Eli showed no promise. I dont

Yes the end was horrible , he has a lot to learn

Fiedler however is not the knee jerk answer

Nutty , i grant it that you are probably the most constructive of the fag 4 , but i fail to see the logic in Lockhart's wish that Eli fails in October ... then in disarray we hand over to Fiedler .. and somehow we then have a great season. This is simply nonsense.

Eli will indeed ( and needs to ) work hard in offseason and preseason . I agree

But we have embarked upon and are committed to Eli for at least 1 more year

Do you really think that 11-5 was a total disaster and Eli showed no promise. I dont

Yes the end was horrible , he has a lot to learn

Bingo, excellent post, UK.

Guest Carbo
You're correct. But this is not a knee-jerk move. The Giants have watched Manning for a year and a half now. They have seen his pros and cons. I can't imagine anyone, in their heart of hearts, went into this offseason confident and convinced that Manning is the real deal. There are many questions and even more concerns. A veteran backup is needed, and Fiedler is available. A must pick up, in my opinion, in the event Manning flops again.

You're correct. But this is not a knee-jerk move. The Giants have watched Manning for a year and a half now. They have seen his pros and cons. I can't imagine anyone, in their heart of hearts, went into this offseason confident and convinced that Manning is the real deal. There are many questions and even more concerns. A veteran backup is needed, and Fiedler is available. A must pick up, in my opinion, in the event Manning flops again.

A year and a half. A lifetime for a QB to become perfect, in the eyes of the FAG 4. :doh:

Guest Lockhart
A year and a half. A lifetime for a QB to become perfect, in the eyes of the FAG 4. :doh:

Big Ben won a Super bowl in his Second year and Carson Palmer was the top rated QB in 2005 after only 16 starts in his career. Meanwhile Eli took the path of Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller - showing no improvement, and in fact got worse. There were three QBs to choose from in the 2004 draft - the Giants chose the wrong one, while the Steelers hit the JackPot.

Nice try though - you Eli apologists are running out of weak excuses.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Nutty Sack
Big Ben won a Super bowl in his Second year and Carson Palmer was the top rated QB in 2005 after only 16 starts in his career. Meanwhile Eli took the path of Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller - showing no improvement, and in fact got worse. There were three QBs to choose from in the 2004 draft - the Giants chose the wrong one, while the Steelers hit the JackPot.

Nice try though - you Eli apologists are running out of weak excuses.

Sometimes I day dream and fantasize that Big Ben is at the voluntary camp and Plax and Shock are bringing him his lunch tray in the cafateria after spending all morning in the bubble working on their routes.

Then I snap back into the sad reality of our situation.

Sometimes I day dream and fantasize that Big Ben is at the voluntary camp and Plax and Shock are bringing him his lunch tray in the cafateria after spending all morning in the bubble working on their routes.

Simple and obvious solution.....become a Steelers fan, if you're not already. I'm looking forward to Eli starting all 16 games next season, making the Pro Bowl and leading the Giants to the playoffs yet again. The rest of you can keep bitching and moaning.

Guest Lockhart

......the reality of Opie Taylor as the Giants QB, while Plaxico and Shockey are doing Jello shooters off the belly's of Coeds down at the U.

......the reality of Opie Taylor as the Giants QB, while Plaxico and Shockey are doing Jello shooters off the belly's of Coeds down at the U.

I dont know about you but that sounds like a lotta fun....Or maybe you arn't in to Coeds....Thats it... your upset with Shockey cause he wont do shooters of your "belly"....Oh dont worry little boy your friends Carbo,disaster, Barber, Nutty sack......Wait a min. Nutty sack...He likes nut sacks... you guys really are gay :o

I dont know about you but that sounds like a lotta fun....Or maybe you arn't in to Coeds....Thats it... your upset with Shockey cause he wont do shooters of your "belly"....Oh dont worry little boy your friends Carbo,disaster, Barber, Nutty sack......Wait a min. Nutty sack...He likes nut sacks... you guys really are gay :o

Looks like you let the FAG 4's cat out of the closet. :clap::LMAO:

Enough of the nonsense, back to sensible talk about our back-up.

Our best true back-up scenario would have been Greise, though I think he still postiions himself to be a starter.

KC is the best overall FA Qb out there, but that's a very unlikely scenario (financially and relationship-wise). At this point Fielder's not a bad choice, though I detest his lack of skill. Frankly, we needed a Kitna-like guy.

I think our best option may be Fiedler though he's never done spit so I find him an incredible source for QB'ing insight.

Perhaps we can get a servicable back up (more than a mentor) say the back up for the Titans (Voleck) or that back up for the Chiefs?

Guest Lockhart
Enough of the nonsense, back to sensible talk about our back-up.

Our best true back-up scenario would have been Greise, though I think he still postiions himself to be a starter.

KC is the best overall FA Qb out there, but that's a very unlikely scenario (financially and relationship-wise). At this point Fielder's not a bad choice, though I detest his lack of skill. Frankly, we needed a Kitna-like guy.

I think our best option may be Fiedler though he's never done spit so I find him an incredible source for QB'ing insight.

Perhaps we can get a servicable back up (more than a mentor) say the back up for the Titans (Voleck) or that back up for the Chiefs?

Eli would be a servicable backup to Fiedler..........of course this would also require a paycut as a 50% passer shouldn't make big dollars.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Floyd The Barber

Fielder is also relatively young, so the need to find the "Franchise QB" would not be that dire...we can entertain the idea that a more than capable Jay can carry the Offense for the next 2/3 seasons...possibly more...in the meantime, you have 2/3 more drafts to find your QB and let him be groomed in proper fashion...

Eli, would make a nice #2, after they restructure his initial contract...the FAB 4 fully expects a restructuring of his contract anyway for the 2007 season bc of its current cap-unfriendly design...

Guest Lockhart
Fielder is also relatively young, so the need to find the "Franchise QB" would not be that dire...we can entertain the idea that a more than capable Jay can carry the Offense for the next 2/3 seasons...possibly more...in the meantime, you have 2/3 more drafts to find your QB and let him be groomed in proper fashion...

Eli, would make a nice #2, after they restructure his initial contract...the FAB 4 fully expects a restructuring of his contract anyway for the 2007 season bc of its current cap-unfriendly design...

Exactly, and perhaps in a few years Eli will be ready to step up a starter, but right now he lacks in every department necessary for a successful NFL QB.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Exactly, and perhaps in a few years Eli will be ready to step up a starter, but right now he lacks in every department necessary for a successful NFL QB.

again...why does this all seem so simple ??