SportsWrath

O'Hara

Lughead

O'Hara back on line

BY TOM ROCK | tom.rock@newsday.com

October 17, 2008

Center Shaun O'Hara left a hospital where he spent two nights fighting an infection between the last two toes of his left foot, and was able to participate fully in practice. "I can't sit here and say it wasn't serious, but it wasn't life-threatening by any means," he said. O'Hara said he'd fought the problem for a few weeks and that it flared up Sunday, the day before the Browns game. He played through the discomfort, then was admitted for a course of antibiotics taken through an IV. He said teammates have given him a hard time about his, um, injury. Said O'Hara: "It's a little bit embarrassing to be in the hospital for a toe."

Giant steps

LB Antonio Pierce (quadriceps) missed a second straight practice ... Coughlin came closer to saying rookie Bryan Kehl will replace Gerris Wilkinson (knee) at weak-side LB but mentioned the option of moving a safety there.

kehl has been pretty good when on the field thus far, Im not mad at giving him a shot this week against the 9ers

It isn't Kehl that concerns me it is the loss of Pierce. He drives the defense and I think his being gimpy was one of the reasons the D looked bad last week.

It isn't Kehl that concerns me it is the loss of Pierce. He drives the defense and I think his being gimpy was one of the reasons the D looked bad last week.

I dig that, Pierce is a huge loss. agreed...and its not becuase he's so great(he really isnt that good), he just has a great presence and is a leader.

Well maybe know we will see what we have with CHASE, if he can command the "D"

have not seen much from DeOssie .... even though he is a SLB

I dont like this at all. There isn't one leader on the defensive side of the ball this week. This is one of the reasons we looked like complete garbage on Monday. It's time for someone to step up and charge. Might as well start now, becasue I dont see Pierce being around much longer.

I dont like this at all. There isn't one leader on the defensive side of the ball this week. This is one of the reasons we looked like complete garbage on Monday. It's time for someone to step up and charge. Might as well start now, becasue I dont see Pierce being around much longer.

Pierce was only out a couple plays Monday night :rolleyes:

I think there was something else going on .