SportsWrath

PIERCE: WE NEED LAVAR'S ATTITUDE

Not_Ldiggitty

Guest Carbo
....Here comes the fag 4
If the Giants are dumb enough to bring on another malcontent in the person of Arrington, then they deserve the fate that awaits them.

From where we were in the mid 90's to were we are now I think he should be in the hall.......Here comes the fag 4

That's crazy talk. We've wona whopping 2 playoff games while Accorsi has been the GM.

We definitely need a attitude on defense but Lavar isnt the only way to go about it. Especially if he is asking for a contract like Peterson.

Attitude, imo, is the #1 key to success as a defense. Rigth now, the Giants don't have much, with the exception of strahan and pierce. If you look at any good defence they have an attitude different from anyone else. As a secondary, db's have to have that swagger that can't be taught. I think Gibril has this and Webster may have it.

That's why i liked guys like Frank Walker and Barret Green. They brought emotion and werent hesitant about trashin an oppenent or gettin in their face.

Lavar brings that attitude and swagger that is lacking from our defence.

Edited by Giants 2 SB XLI

There probably arent too many people out there who are a better judge of Lavars playmaking ability and attitude on the field than his former teammate. If AP wants him badly on this team, I say go for it. There is definitely something to be said for chemistry. Arrington didnt have the discipline problems when Pierce was his leader.

Right now it just comes down to price. Its EA's job to now make a deal and sign LA at a fair value.

Even if we sign Lavar Id still like to see the Giants draft a LB in the first. Lawson or Sims would provide the necessary depth if Arrington's injuries act up again.

Guest Lockhart
There probably arent too many people out there who are a better judge of Lavars playmaking ability and attitude on the field than his former teammate. If AP wants him badly on this team, I say go for it. There is definitely something to be said for chemistry. Arrington didnt have the discipline problems when Pierce was his leader.

Right now it just comes down to price. Its EA's job to now make a deal and sign LA at a fair value.

Even if we sign Lavar Id still like to see the Giants draft a LB in the first. Lawson or Sims would provide the necessary depth if Arrington's injuries act up again.

Whatever - the Giants aren't signing Arrington - move on.

If we don't get LaVar...I don't know what kind of defense we'll have next year...maybe one that's just slightly better than 2005.

No. Our stats may not look as good due to the adding of offensive talent for other teams in the East but we will be better. Third year in Lewis' system. At full health. Everything is together and the guys know what to expect out of each other. I like what we've got on our defense but I feel that we still should sign Lavar.

Guest Lockhart
If we don't get LaVar...I don't know what kind of defense we'll have next year...maybe one that's just slightly better than 2005.

I do - a much better one. Arringtion was benched and eventually released because he always gave up big plays on the running game because he was out of position and he can't cover anyone in passing situations - he sucks.

I do - a much better one. Arringtion was benched and eventually released because he always gave up big plays on the running game because he was out of position and he can't cover anyone in passing situations - he sucks.

He wasn't released. He bought out of his current deal.

I dont think the fans should be so hung up on signing Lavar to improve our attitude. If we do great, but he isnt the only way to improve our attitude on D. Lavar isnt worth a contract similar to Petersons, hell Peterson isnt even worth that. If thats what he's asking, forget about it.

The latest on Lavar

Jaguars | Team making a late push for Arrington

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:44:39 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars appear to be making a last minute push to sign free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins). Arrington's decision is expected shortly. Schefter says the Jaguars and Miami Dolphins appear to be the favorites to sign Arrington.

Bengals | Arrington visit will continue Thursday

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:26:01 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington's (Redskins) visit will begin Wednesday evening, March 22, and will continue into Thursday, March 23.

The latest on Lavar

Jaguars | Team making a late push for Arrington

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:44:39 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars appear to be making a last minute push to sign free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins). Arrington's decision is expected shortly. Schefter says the Jaguars and Miami Dolphins appear to be the favorites to sign Arrington.

Bengals | Arrington visit will continue Thursday

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:26:01 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington's (Redskins) visit will begin Wednesday evening, March 22, and will continue into Thursday, March 23.

Not saying it's not going to happen but I don't take Schefter's word and believe it anymore. Not after his whole Giants Lavar deal.