SportsWrath

Nady and Marte traded to the Yankees pending physicals

jranieli

Ohlendorf was in this deal.

Olendorf, Tabata, Coke, and another prospect was all I heard. Didnt hear Kennedy yet, maybe that's the other prospect??

Anyway, our bullpen just got FUCKING NASTY! Kinda hard to let Tabata go, but he was becoming a head case and Kennedy couldn't cut it here if he is in the deal.

Olendorf, Tabata, Coke, and another prospect was all I heard. Didnt hear Kennedy yet, maybe that's the other prospect??

Anyway, our bullpen just got FUCKING NASTY! Kinda hard to let Tabata go, but he was becoming a head case and Kennedy couldn't cut it here if he is in the deal.

No Kennedy, RHP Ross Ohlendorf, RHP Phil Coke, RHP George Kontos and OF Jose Tabata. Marte is great pickup, I saw him a few years ago pitch a game against the Marlins and he was freakin nasty. I was really hoping the X-Man would come back to NY but not the Yankees. The Mets just cannot afford to deplete the farm even more.

No Kennedy, RHP Ross Ohlendorf, RHP Phil Coke, RHP George Kontos and OF Jose Tabata. Marte is great pickup, I saw him a few years ago pitch a game against the Marlins and he was freakin nasty. I was really hoping the X-Man would come back to NY but not the Yankees. The Mets just cannot afford to deplete the farm even more.

Unfortunately we must have decided it's time to deplete again. <_<

Also, look for Melky or Gardner, maybe both, to moved before the deadline now.

They get their LH reliever and a hitting outfielder. Who gets dropped from their current roles?

Hawkins is definetely done. Abreu is gone after this season for sure, unless Nady makes him look worse than he already is now.

Guest StrahansGap

Great pick-ups. Nady is having a great year. At the very least, Nady fills in for injured yankee outfielders or if he's hot, he'll play and Damon, Abreu or Cabrera will sit. Marte was the best part of this deal. He's a great pitcher with closer potential. Yankees got rid of 4 minor leaguers......who cares?

Giese, Rasner, Ponson or even Hawkins, one of them has to go.

Nady was necessary because of the void of losing Matsui’s and Posada’s bat, and I’m guessing he’ll platoon in both corner of positions. But someone has to go here, too, and it will probably be between Gardner and Christian. Gardner looks like he’s being weaned for Melky’s job, but needs to learn how to hit ML pitching.

SoCal, I know you don’t like Abreu, but I think it would be a mistake letting him go. He’s too good a run producer, and he’s not a bad fielder if he doesn’t have to get too close to a fence.

Giese, Rasner, Ponson or even Hawkins, one of them has to go.

Nady was necessary because of the void of losing Matsui’s and Posada’s bat, and I’m guessing he’ll platoon in both corner of positions. But someone has to go here, too, and it will probably be between Gardner and Christian. Gardner looks like he’s being weaned for Melky’s job, but needs to learn how to hit ML pitching.

SoCal, I know you don’t like Abreu, but I think it would be a mistake letting him go. He’s too good a run producer, and he’s not a bad fielder if he doesn’t have to get too close to a fence.

Someone from the bullpen needs to be dropped and I would bet it will be Hawkins. Giese can do extended relief. And Rasner and Ponson are starters, not sure why you listed them.

I am a Gardner fan. I don't know why I was at the game when he got his first ML hit. I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Melky. Christian I don't know much about.

Someone from the bullpen needs to be dropped and I would bet it will be Hawkins. Giese can do extended relief. And Rasner and Ponson are starters, not sure why you listed them.

Since Hawkins had tenure in the ML, I wasn't sure they'd send him down, and Giese can also start.

karstens and mcutchen are in the deal, not kontos and coke....either way, its a good trade for the yankees. they have just become the best team in baseball

Isn't it funny how the past couple of years they start out cold and build up a head of steam, all the while the pundits say "This is the year they don't make the playoffs!"?

I wouldn't say they are the best, but they certainly made a great trade that gives them a good if not strong chance at winning the division. Jeter is hitting better, Cano is a second half batter.

And the pitching has been phenomenal. Joba IS an ace. I would not be so quick to say that if it were not for numerous starts in a row where he has not given up runs. His ERA as a starter is well below the league average, well below even the ace starters averages. The guy would be undefeated in his win-loss column if not for crappy run support compared to Ponson.