SportsWrath

Giant Players Meet/Workout Together Today For First Time For '06

Plax 4 Prez

Guest nosebleed
Exactly - just like last year at this time, Eli will make some plea through the media for Shockey and Plaxico to show up in NJ and again they will ignore him and their teammates, both underminding Eli's role as the offensive leader and reducing any rhythm in the passing game. It almost makes one wonder if they want Eli to fail.

After last year's second half pitiful performance by QB Weakling, this may be the case. Shaking heads, disgusted looks, terrible body language.

I love the quotes from McKenzie...

The first one about the panthers game and the other about him being in shape and as chubby as ever (He might have had another but i just skimmed the article)

LOL... I spit beer outta my nose while I read that part... very funny :clap:

Plaxico disappeared after November - he missed the last team meeting of 2005 and now the first team meeting of 2006 - real pro he is. I can't help but remember the bomb he dropped in Washington that hit him ein the hands in the end zone - doesn't seem to bother him a bit. Palxico played a bad ass first half of a season, disappeared in the second half, and quit on Eli and the Giants at halftime of the playoff game. He trulyt does have the TO attittude, but he lacks the TO talent.

You know folks, Lockhart is actually correct here. Although Plax played well vs Philly and the Raiders in the second half his in game attitude towards his QB and teammates was unacceptable and not what good teammates do.

You know folks, Lockhart is actually correct here. Although Plax played well vs Philly and the Raiders in the second half his in game attitude towards his QB and teammates was unacceptable and not what good teammates do.

:o I can't believe you said that :o

:o I can't believe you said that :o

the man speaks the truth. Although it was naive to think that Plax would continue his early season pace(on pace for 100 catches)it was not naive to think that he would still be a good teammate. Sadly both occured and one was inexuseable. He was a POS down the stretch and his antics in that playoff game were sickening.

the man speaks the truth. Although it was naive to think that Plax would continue his early season pace(on pace for 100 catches)it was not naive to think that he would still be a good teammate. Sadly both occured and one was inexuseable. He was a POS down the stretch and his antics in that playoff game were sickening.

So I ask YOU and nobody else this question... do you think he'll perform better next season or decline??

So I ask YOU and nobody else this question... do you think he'll perform better next season or decline??

There are two possibilities...If TC talks to him about his antics and Eli plays solid the entire year than I think he has a chance to make the pro-bowl

But if he is not spoken too and Eli struggles for a part of the season again than I can see Plax acting up again and going downhill...

The most telling factor will be whether TC has a meeting with Plax to rectify the problem....this is ultimately decide how Plax acts next season

Edited by shockjock

I think his on field performance(if he stays healthy)should be on par with his 05. I think a little more balance to his year would be beneficial. As far as his attitude? I am not sure? Does he want to win and will he accept 70 catches, 1100 yards 10 tds if his team wins or will he want 100 catches 1500 yards 15 tds? Will he support his QB and fellow Wr's or will he sulk like a bitch when things do not go his way? He obviously is bothered by losing and thats a good thing, but he needs to be more supportive and turn that anger at losing towards being a good teammate.

Shockey has potential to be the greatest TE to ever step foot on a football field and Plaxico has potential to be a Top 5 WR in the NFL. People kill to have the physical attributes of Plaxico Burress...

It's unfortunate that these two take their physical tools for granted and show up only when they want to. They have not fully accumulated the concept of teamwork like their counterpart, Tiki and Amani have mastered.

It is a sad thing to see these two malcontents antics toward their teammates on a very classy franchise. A franchise that is known for their class and respected all over the NFL, with a coach that demands teamwork at it's fullest. If coach Coughlin can't get these two to act like team players then I believe that no one can.

If it weren't for their big signing bonus, the Giants organization would feel no remorse to cut them this off-season.

Another thing... Amani Toomer in 2004 caught 0 touchdown passes.

How many times did he throw his teammates under the bus? 0!

That's right.

Was he upset with his lack of production? OFF COURSE! He should be. Unlike Plaxico Burress, who caught 70+ passes with 1200+ yards and 7 TD, Toomer didn't throw a hissy fit at Kurt Warner or Eli Manning even when both of them sucked.

Amani Toomer, as classy individuals do, took his frustration to the coach and handled the situation internally as everyone should. NOT ON THE FREAKING FIELD.

I think we have a player in Plaxico Burress who cares about his stats and making the Pro Bowl than to realise that the QB is in his development stage and will make mistakes.

Or maybe Plaxico is just too dumb to realise that.

Hopefully it's the latter.

Guest Nutty Sack
Come on you moron. In Miami, getting in great shape. Duh.

Yeah they're in Miami getting a great grease job !!! It's an effen joke. If I was TC I would demand both get shipped out for draft picks.........how's that for a message. Who needs these sulking malcontents.

Guest nosebleed

Voluntary or not, these to sulking malcontents should be with their team and their weakling quarterback. If anything was learned last year, whether it was the receivers or the weakling quarterback, timing is a major concern.

Yet, these two stiffs are relaxing, thinking about what is going on tonight.

Guest Nutty Sack
Here is the word you heard many times on that other board but couldn't/wouldn't understand. Voluntary! That means it is up to the individual to choose. Try to understand the meaning of the word "voluntary"! I know it's hard for you, a star wr at a prestigious unnamed college to understand English. That is why you got zero on the Wonderlic test and never played in the NFL. Be of good heart, you did achieve the highest score on the Wonder Lick test that the other members of the Fab group administered to you. :LMAO::clap:

Any moron knows that "voluntary" means mandatory if you truly believe in a common goal and team concept. Thats why you see these two clowns sitting alone at the end of the bench sulking if the spot light isn't on them for most of the game.They are above the team.They know that their way is the best way and TC's wishes don't mean a thing. I could give them a morsel of reason if this selfish hair brained scheme worked.But what did all those windsprints in the sand do for Jeremy last year ?? He asked out at least a half dozen times last year with nagging leg and back ailments.

Cut em loose !!

Guest nosebleed

Tomorrow's press conference will feature Manning with balloon's and and poster, "Please, come work with me, please, we need help, free beer."

Yes, lets cut lose our best WR and best TE, allowing for another team to sign them. Great move.

Because ya know, the Giants can draft a big name TE in the 3rd round after trading up for AJ Hawk. Stud WR? 5th round.

Guest Nutty Sack
Yes, lets cut lose our best WR and best TE, allowing for another team to sign them. Great move.

Because ya know, the Giants can draft a big name TE in the 3rd round after trading up for AJ Hawk. Stud WR? 5th round.

Look that may be a bit harsh but this us and them can only hurt the team.Anyone who doesn't think so is avoiding the obvious. What they are doing is very selfish and not team oriented. Some kind of strong message needs to be levied.

Look that may be a bit harsh but this us and them can only hurt the team.Anyone who doesn't think so is avoiding the obvious. What they are doing is very selfish and not team oriented. Some kind of strong message needs to be levied.

I might agree with you if they were being bums. Jeremy Shockey came into camp last year IN THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE. Did you see his arms? Once again, BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE.

Burress trained at the U and put up some of the best numbers of his career.

William Joseph did and won a starting spot.

Okay, fine, it hurts team chemistry. But ya know what, if guys are that committed to getting better, go ahead and train in Miami. It surely helped them.

Another thing... Amani Toomer in 2004 caught 0 touchdown passes.

How many times did he throw his teammates under the bus? 0!

That's right.

Was he upset with his lack of production? OFF COURSE! He should be. Unlike Plaxico Burress, who caught 70+ passes with 1200+ yards and 7 TD, Toomer didn't throw a hissy fit at Kurt Warner or Eli Manning even when both of them sucked.

Amani Toomer, as classy individuals do, took his frustration to the coach and handled the situation internally as everyone should. NOT ON THE FREAKING FIELD.

I think we have a player in Plaxico Burress who cares about his stats and making the Pro Bowl than to realise that the QB is in his development stage and will make mistakes.

Or maybe Plaxico is just too dumb to realise that.

Hopefully it's the latter.

:clap: this is the best post I have ever seen from you. :clap:

Guest Lockhart
I might agree with you if they were being bums. Jeremy Shockey came into camp last year IN THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE. Did you see his arms? Once again, BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE.

Burress trained at the U and put up some of the best numbers of his career.

William Joseph did and won a starting spot.

Okay, fine, it hurts team chemistry. But ya know what, if guys are that committed to getting better, go ahead and train in Miami. It surely helped them.

Jeremy Shockey came to cam p and SAID he was in sape and got hurt again. He has been hurt every year as a Giant. He always has 4 or 5 great games, rr 4 or 5 bad ones, and the rest he is hurt. Once again this malcontent is refusing to join the rest of the team in the off season workouts and has found another malcontent in Plaxico - the two receivers that disappear the last half of the season and quit in the middle of the playoff game. Time for them to decide if they are part of the Giants or not.

Jeremy Shockey came to cam p and SAID he was in sape and got hurt again. He has been hurt every year as a Giant. He always has 4 or 5 great games, rr 4 or 5 bad ones, and the rest he is hurt. Once again this malcontent is refusing to join the rest of the team in the off season workouts and has found another malcontent in Plaxico - the two receivers that disappear the last half of the season and quit in the middle of the playoff game. Time for them to decide if they are part of the Giants or not.

Kareem McKenzie got hurt last year and I believed he trained with the Giants. So did Pierce, Torbor, Williams, Peterson, and Emmons. What's your point?

BTW, they don't do catching or passing drills at these things.

Guest Lockhart
Kareem McKenzie got hurt last year and I believed he trained with the Giants. So did Pierce, Torbor, Williams, Peterson, and Emmons. What's your point?

BTW, they don't do catching or passing drills at these things.

That's right - ALL the Giants worked out in NJ while Shockey and Plaxico stayed in South Beach. I guess these two don't need to work out with their Teammates. They also ignore Coughlin's and Eli's request to come to NJ. They will do passing drills , just as they did last year when Shockey skipped out. They also review film and go over game time situations - thing sfar too mundane for the oft injured Shockey - he needs to hang with Gal pal Lizzie in Miami instead.