SportsWrath

Reyes and Hernandez nearly come to blows on flight to Philly

jranieli

ugh.

someone needs to put reyes in a cave when he isn't on the diamond.

keith's act is becoming a little old though. all he does is talk about himself during the broadcast and talk about all the big moves he'd make if he were manager, when he's admitted numerous times that he's too lazy to be one.

I soured on Keith Hernandez when he sang like a bird (to me a lot of it was volunteered by him without any pressure) concerning the habits of fellow players during that drug scandal a few years back. People talk about Carter being a self-promoter....well to me Carter is very smarmy....but Keith is a little snake in the grass to me based on his current/past actions and words. Not saying though that he cannot call it as he sees it....the current Mets are a bunch of babies.

I soured on Keith Hernandez when he sang like a bird (to me a lot of it was volunteered by him without any pressure) concerning the habits of fellow players during that drug scandal a few years back. People talk about Carter being a self-promoter....well to me Carter is very smarmy....but Keith is a little snake in the grass to me based on his current/past actions and words. Not saying though that he cannot call it as he sees it....the current Mets are a bunch of babies.

agreed... he's very full of himself.

there is never a time in a broadcast where he doesn't parallel something in the game to something that he thinks/done/played

plus he ratted out roger mcdowell as the secret spitter.

agreed... he's very full of himself.

there is never a time in a broadcast where he doesn't parallel something in the game to something that he thinks/done/played

Yeah its one thing to be a Boy Scout and a rat; but its another to sit down with guys and snort, blow and smoke everything in sight like everyone else. And then go on a canary run like nobody's business. If I was one of his interviewers I would have asked him point blank: "Wasn't your nose just as wide open as the guys you are ratting on there Mex? Uh Mex...gotta an answer?"

Let me get this straight. The Mets network is owned by the franchise, similarly to the Yankee network. In a different contrast to the Yankee network the announcers(who like the players work for the team) can be very critical of the team when needed(anyone watch the day Willie was fired?). This type of broadcasting and call it like you see it no matter what attitude is actually encouraged by the Wilpons, say what you will about them, but for this unlike Al Yankezeera over on YES they do a good job. Please no one point out that this particular game was on WB11, its still produced by SNY and just broadcast on free TV.

So with all this in mind we are going to criticize Keith Hernandez because he called it exactly how he saw it and quite frankly how it was? Was it not this same Jose Reyes who in a thread here earlier in the week on this very website we all questioned why he was so stupid? Reyes is a fucking baby, he has acted like a baby for years and the antics are not changing. Keith is 100% correct to criticize his peers for letting this go on for years. And Reyes? You make good money, you get paid well, if you do not like what someone says about you its very simple. Either ignore it, or change what it is you are doing to make people criticize you. Fuck Reyes, grow the fuck up and start acting like a professional.

No one has to like Keith, he can be very pompus and TB brings up a great point about his involvement in the drug scandal of the 1980's(although if you read Keiths book he did sing like a canary after he had gone and gotten some help with the addiction and at that time in 1985 was looking to help his other players that had not sought help like Dale Berra), but in this regard Keith did what the Wilpons are paying him to do. Its time for Reyes to start doing the same.

I don't think Hernandez said anything we all don't agree with. Reyes needs to grow up. If you get mad at what's said about you in this town, it can get a whole lot worse. Reyes should have took it on the chin and kept his mouth shut. What's next, earplugs??? :ph34r:

I'm afraid that this will only snowball and eventually Reyes will not be able to cope with the critcism and pressure of playing in NY and he will leave and become the best player in baseball for someone else. :brooding:

It took me a long time to start liking Keith on the broadcast. Once I learned to stop paying attention to his arrogance and ego, I realized how good he is in the booth. Completely honest, no filter commentary. That's the way commentators should be throughout the sporting world, it would be much more interesting.

Just think of how many fights between teammates and people related to the team have taken place in locker rooms and on planes throughout the years. The fans have mostly remained unaware of any of that crap. There is way too much reporting on things like this now. Reyes should have said the same fucking thing Keith did about the situation and squashed it right there. That is where Reye's immaturity comes into play.

It took me a long time to start liking Keith on the broadcast. Once I learned to stop paying attention to his arrogance and ego, I realized how good he is in the booth. Completely honest, no filter commentary. That's the way commentators should be throughout the sporting world, it would be much more interesting.

Just think of how many fights between teammates and people related to the team have taken place in locker rooms and on planes throughout the years. The fans have mostly remained unaware of any of that crap. There is way too much reporting on things like this now. Reyes should have said the same fucking thing Keith did about the situation and squashed it right there. That is where Reye's immaturity comes into play.

Keith has been cracking me up lately with his Oooooooooooooooo's and OH's!!, especially on close pitches.

He used to just do a short Oooo!! when there was a close pitch not called a strike, but he's really turning it on these days. He did an Oooooooo yesterday that had me laughing even when they cut to commercial.