SportsWrath

Geoff Pope is in some trouble

gateb

POPE IN A HEAP OF TROUBLE

Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2008, 7:23 p.m.

As it turns out, there are worse things you can do with a bottle of champagne than spray it into a crowd of strangers.

Giants cornerback Geoffrey Pope faces felony charges in Detroit after allegedly hitting a man over the head with a champagne bottle.

The victim is the son of a local television anchor, and he took 28 stitches to the ear.

Pope was celebrating his birthday. We hope that, when he blew out the candles, he wished for a good defense lawyer

I just want it to be training camp already...

Geoff Pope, yeah. With the rookie additions, were finally kinda deep in the secondary. That kid may be gone.

either way the giatns are still punishable because he's on our roster. i'm sure John Mara won't care for the fine he'll be receiving.

either way the giatns are still punishable because he's on our roster. i'm sure John Mara won't care for the fine he'll be receiving.

You're telling me teams get fined for offseason, off-field player misconduct/getting in trouble with the law? I think Pope could be fined, not the team though. It's totally unrelated to the NFL.

You're telling me teams get fined for offseason, off-field player misconduct/getting in trouble with the law? I think Pope could be fined, not the team though. It's totally unrelated to the NFL.

no i believe there was a policy put in place starting on june 1st that teams are responsible for their players and are punishable if the player does not behave properly off the field.

Gate- why do you think that Brady choked? (referring to your signature)

i dont. i just liked the picture.

btw pope was cleared of all charges after the real criminal turned himself in