SportsWrath

Chien Ming Wang injures foot

njsmalls

His foot is injured, out at least six weeks.

Fuck, he was just running the bases. I don't care he's an AL pitcher, I thought he was a professional athlete.

Who are they going to call up? Igawa? That's a football score waiting to happen.

Dan Giese is going to get the first start, then they will go from there. Hopefully the Yankees can catch lightning in the bottle and have an Aaron Small part II situation going on here with Giese.

Giese has looked pretty good in relief of Joba. I don't follow baseball much so do you know how much starting experience he has in the minors and if they will have to work him into starting shape like they did with Joba?

Speaking of Joba, suddenly bringing him out of the bullpen seems like a great idea. But if Giese does take over a starting position they will need another long reliever.

athlete[/i].

Who are they going to call up? Igawa? That's a football score waiting to happen.

Yeah, whats up with these guys? Give me a break. I thought the announcers were just being idiots when they were stating how pitchers can get hurt just by swinging the bat or running the bases. They're supposed to be athletes. Running from second to home shouldn't be that difficult. Whatever happen to the guys in High School who were the ace of the staff, hit .500 and played centerfield? They just lose the ability to hit and run once they become professionals?

Yeah, whats up with these guys? Give me a break. I thought the announcers were just being idiots when they were stating how pitchers can get hurt just by swinging the bat or running the bases. They're supposed to be athletes. Running from second to home shouldn't be that difficult. Whatever happen to the guys in High School who were the ace of the staff, hit .500 and played centerfield? They just lose the ability to hit and run once they become professionals?

No, they become investments and are taught one skill and one skill only. Pitching.

Pitchers just don't practice hitting enough.