SportsWrath

Is this Acorsi's Worst Offseason?

Guest Lockhart

Guest nosebleed

Nothing like waking up Sunday morning and seeing TO on the cover of the NEW YORK NEWSDAY. Yet, when the Giants announced their weak signings, it appeared around the recap of the horse races.

Somebody wake up Wiggie and inform him that he has no quality DT and is extremely thin at LB.........

Now that is saying something after all the disasters he has wrought, but this off season is less than lame. His free agent signings are the aged and the injured from the NFL - castoffs nobody wants. Meanwhile the Redskins and Cowboys have loaded up their offenses - the Giants stood still while the Cowboys and Redskins zoomed past them. 2006 could be remembered as one of the worst off seasons ever for the Gmen - it will also mark another year that Shockey tells the coaching staff and Eli to screw off while he remains in Miami, "working out on his own"............along with fellow Rosenhaus headcase, Plaxico.

Don't you have anything better to do than down the team you supposedly like?

Guest Lockhart
Lockhart would want Drew Brees. I can answer that one for him.

No, Brees too expensive and damaged goods. Jon Kitna would have been my QB of choice and I would have opened up the QB position to competition. Kitna would have easiuly won the job and the Giant veteran offensive players would have been relieved to have a reall leader. Eli might get there, but it is painfully evident he isn't ready now. Maybe a few years behind Kitna would allow him to mature physically and mentally to be able to be the giants signal caller. He also needs a lot of time in the weight room to help that pop-gun arm of his.

No, Brees too expensive and damaged goods. Jon Kitna would have been my QB of choice and I would have opened up the QB position to competition. Kitna would have easiuly won the job and the Giant veteran offensive players would have been relieved to have a reall leader. Eli might get there, but it is painfully evident he isn't ready now. Maybe a few years behind Kitna would allow him to mature physically and mentally to be able to be the giants signal caller. He also needs a lot of time in the weight room to help that pop-gun arm of his.

:LMAO: riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhht.... lol Kitna... if I had a pick on anyone it would have been Culpepper

Guest Lockhart
:LMAO: riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhht.... lol Kitna... if I had a pick on anyone it would have been Culpepper

Good choice - he tore all three ligaments in his knee and chances of him playing at all in 2006 aren't good. If he does play, it won't be until October as the soonest - you have that same keen eye as Accorsi - pick all the players that are too old, too hurt, or too bad to be on any other team.

Kitna is 6 2 218, hardly a big guy and never known as a guy with a big arm(even though that is not an issue has ELI has no trouble throwing the ball long) he has a career 75.7 rating, has 108 tds and 102 ints and in his career year of 2003 threw 26 tds and 15 ints.

Oh yeah he has a losing record as a starter and has never won a playoff game.

Sounds like a guy I would want :confused:

This made me look at Carson Plamers 2004, 18 tds 18 ints as a first year starter 77.3 rating. Hmm so guys in their second full year as a starter improve? Hmm never knew that reading these posts :doh:

Guest Carbo
That figures. A damaged "me-first" player who has yet to prove his ability to win a big game.

Guest Lockhart
Kitna is 6 2 218, hardly a big guy and never known as a guy with a big arm(even though that is not an issue has ELI has no trouble throwing the ball long) he has a career 75.7 rating, has 108 tds and 102 ints and in his career year of 2003 threw 26 tds and 15 ints.

This made me look at Carson Plamers 2004, 18 tds 18 ints as a first year starter 77.3 rating. Hmm so guys in their second full year as a starter improve? Hmm never knew that reading these posts :doh:

Jon Kitna did great in 2004 and is a HUGE upgrade over the struggling Eli. His veteran presence would be welcomed by Tiki, Toomer and Shockey. Kitna doesn't get scared or flustered in the pocket like Eli. He also has a strong accurate arm which Eli lacks.

Jon Kitna did great in 2004 and is a HUGE upgrade over the struggling Eli. His veteran presence would be welcomed by Tiki, Toomer and Shockey. Kitna doesn't get scared or flustered in the pocket like Eli. He also has a strong accurate arm which Eli lacks.

I am sure that many a delusional Bengals fan may have said that after his 03 and Palmers 18 td 18 int 77 rating 2900 yard 04.

Accurate? Yes. Stronger than ELI's? NO.

They went 8-8 in the year where he played "great."

Guest Lockhart
Guys, what are you stupid?

Of course Kitna is better than Eli Manning! I mean he was the best starter in 2005! He threw so many TDs it isn't funny! What great descision making on the field!

You see even the most ardent Eli supporters realize that Eli is a little slow physically and mentally fto the NFL game. Maybe a few year s behind someone like Kitna, Brad Johnson or some other veteran would benefit him. His finish last season showed he isn't ready for prime time yet.

You see even the most ardent Eli supporters realize that Eli is a little slow physically and mentally fto the NFL game. Maybe a few year s behind someone like Kitna, Brad Johnson or some other veteran would benefit him. His finish last season showed he isn't ready for prime time yet.

I see you passed Sarcasm 101 with flying colors. Nice job.

Guest Lockhart
Nothing like waking up Sunday morning and seeing TO on the cover of the NEW YORK NEWSDAY. Yet, when the Giants announced their weak signings, it appeared around the recap of the horse races.

Somebody wake up Wiggie and inform him that he has no quality DT and is extremely thin at LB.........

It's sad when the NY press is more excited about the Cowboys' and Redskins' off-season moves than the Giants. I guess they are know Accorsi by now and know nothing will happen in free agency with him at the helm.

It's sad when the NY press is more excited about the Cowboys' and Redskins' off-season moves than the Giants. I guess they are know Accorsi by now and know nothing will happen in free agency with him at the helm.

I bet Korea's headline was TO being signed by the Cowboys instead of their game against Japan last night.

Ignorance... taken to a new level.

Guest Lockhart
I bet Korea's headline was TO being signed by the Cowboys instead of their game against Japan last night.

Ignorance... taken to a new level.

Perhaps it was, but even in Korea they know not to bother with the Giant's free agency moves with Accorsi at the helm.

Perhaps it was, but even in Korea they know not to bother with the Giant's free agency moves with Accorsi at the helm.

Just in, Korea probably thinks football is played with a small, black and white ball that is kicked around into nets. They probably put TO signing with Dallas in the soccer section :unsure:

Guest Lockhart
Just in, Korea probably thinks football is played with a small, black and white ball that is kicked around into nets. They probably put TO signing with Dallas in the soccer section :unsure:

Unfortunetely, Accorsi and the Koreans have the same idea of what the game of football is. Perhaps that is the reason for Accoris's terrible choices in the draft.

I don't want to seem like I'm bashing Eli. But...

I hope people don't use that as an excuse this year for him. Sure it's his second full year starting, but he did start almost half the season in 2004 (7 games) against some of the best defenses in the league...we cannot throw that away like it didn't happen and to be too apologetic towards Manning. I believe Eli should NOT be given too much slack! We can't allow ourselves to repeat the mantra: second full year, second full year...It's his third year in the NFL! Considering what we gave up to draft him, I expect him to have a year better than Carson Palmer's 2005 performance.

I hope people don't use that as an excuse this year for him. Sure it's his second full year starting, but he did start almost half the season in 2004 (7 games) against some of the best defenses in the league...we cannot throw that away like it didn't happen and to be too apologetic towards Manning. I believe Eli should NOT be given too much slack! We can't allow ourselves to repeat the mantra: second full year, second full year...It's his third year in the NFL! Considering what we gave up to draft him, I expect a year better than Carson Palmer's 2005 performance.

Thing is, he had the mental aspects of the game down for the most part. That's what got him to a better first year starting then Palmer due to those seven games in there. However, it was the physical part that got him. His mechanics were flawed and his arm was just... tired.

Guest Nutty Sack

Hard to say if this is his worst offseason. There's been so many. I suppose we need to look at the fact that he let our best DT walk away with little fanfare and then went back to bed. He signed five guys for the secondary and let a better talent in Will Allen sign with Miami. So if you do some addition and subtraction I would say that this is just about norm for the course.

Oh yeah, he hasn't concerned himself about who will play QB once the inevitable occurs next year.

I hope people don't use that as an excuse this year for him. Sure it's his second full year starting, but he did start almost half the season in 2004 (7 games) against some of the best defenses in the league...we cannot throw that away like it didn't happen and to be too apologetic towards Manning. I believe Eli should NOT be given too much slack! We can't allow ourselves to repeat the mantra: second full year, second full year...It's his third year in the NFL! Considering what we gave up to draft him, I expect him to have a year better than Carson Palmer's 2005 performance.

apologetic for what? 24 tds? nearly 4000 yards? 11 wins? a division title?

better than Carson Plamers 2005 year? :LMAO: You really are delusional aren't you? I will sign for 11 wins, 24 tds, 5-6 less Ints and a 5-7 % points better on his comp%. Thats what realistic fans do.

Guest Carbo

better than Carson Plamers 2005 year? :LMAO: You really are delusional aren't you? I will sign for 11 wins, 24 tds, 5-6 less Ints and a 5-7 % points better on his comp%. Thats what realistic fans do.

Stop quoting stats to bolster your position. You know better. Stats are the refuge of the defensive and, in Eli's case, the apologists. Surely you can't tell us that he was an effective player last year? He was flat out awful from about week seven on. And he became progressively worse with each game, culminated with a playoff game that was one for the record books, but for all the wrong reasons.

Look, I like the kid, and as a Giants fan I am pulling for him to light up the upcoming season. But I just don't know yet. This year is critical, I believe, and will go a long way towards telling us what we have with him. And it scares me when I hear about bad mechanics, tired arm, etc. For God's sake, throwing mechanics are usually worked out by, at the latest, sophomore year in college. Tired arm? Throw some weights around!

What I'm trying to say is that if Eli has a horrible perfomance in a particular game we shouldn't attribute it to it being his second full year starting...it's his third year in the NFL and we shouldn't cut him too much slack like we did this year. I'm not accusing you of being apologetic for Eli.

I'm also not saying I want a season WAY better than palmer...that's too much...I should have said very close to or slightly better which is still difficult.

I also appreciate feeling like you've lumped me into the Fab 4 just because of a difference of opinion. Even though I've made many posts and I thought people had some understanding of where...I stand... :ph34r:<_<

That's why I stay away from talking about Eli...people are too damn sensitive about him (Love him or Hate him)