SportsWrath

Is this Acorsi's Worst Offseason?

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

Now that is saying something after all the disasters he has wrought, but this off season is less than lame. His free agent signings are the aged and the injured from the NFL - castoffs nobody wants. Meanwhile the Redskins and Cowboys have loaded up their offenses - the Giants stood still while the Cowboys and Redskins zoomed past them. 2006 could be remembered as one of the worst off seasons ever for the Gmen - it will also mark another year that Shockey tells the coaching staff and Eli to screw off while he remains in Miami, "working out on his own"............along with fellow Rosenhaus headcase, Plaxico.

Now that is saying something after all the disasters he has wrought, but this off season is less than lame. His free agent signings are the aged and the injured from the NFL - castoffs nobody wants. Meanwhile the Redskins and Cowboys have loaded up their offenses - the Giants stood still while the Cowboys and Redskins zoomed past them. 2006 could be remembered as one of the worst off seasons ever for the Gmen - it will also mark another year that Shockey tells the coaching staff and Eli to screw off while he remains in Miami, "working out on his own"............along with fellow Rosenhaus headcase, Plaxico.

although it has not been a great off season, dont say the giants have been at a standstill. they signed madison at an amazing deal, 4 years 7.5 million or something. we were giving him 6.3 million last year, so that was a great pickup. plus, gmen just got demps to fill the hole left by alexander

Guest Lockhart
and u still might get arrington

Madison is too old, Demps has an ACL, and Arrington never practices, is always hurt, and is a dope on the field. Signing Arrington would ENSURE this off season as a total bust.

Edited by Lockhart

Madison is too old, Demps has an ACL, and Arrington never practices, is always hurt, and is a dope on the field. Signing Arrington would ENSURE this off season as a total bust.

stick a fucking tampon in your vagina, you whiny bitch.

People would complain no matter what player(s) we sign. That's a fact.

Another fact is that Ernie has been better in FA than he has historically in the draft. Well, maybe that's not a fact, but it's my view anyway. This year has been a nice FA season with the money we have. Madison fills a big need and nobody seems to want to notice that freakin awesome contract! We got this guy for a song!! We got a very good FS who I think will turn out to be better than we think. We've restructured the weakest part of our team which in turn makes us stronger.

Now why are you so pissy? :confused: Because we didn't sign everybody YOU wanted with some ficiticious unlimited ability to sign everybody? C'mon dude. Give credit where credit is due. Not the most exciting FA season so far, but a very effective one. See New England Patriots and their "big FA seasons."

Guest Lockhart
stick a fucking tampon in your vagina, you whiny bitch.

Yes, those were the words out of Strahan's mouth to Plaxico and Shockey when they kept having their on-field tantrums after missed paaing opportunities. To-Lite and TO-White were more concerned about themselves than the team qas they kept showing up Eli on national TV - Strahan was right to say this - Good Quote!

My oh my why do I do this ?? :confused:

Anyway EA's offseason started this past season when he locked up TE Jeremy Shockey and DE Osi Umenyiora with long term deals before this silly market was set for free agents with the new CBA. Add in stalwart olineman David Diehl and Rich Suerbert and its evident the Giants have a plan for their own young players that. The fact we did not break the bank for any of them is a testament to the Giants organizations looking ahead to things.

These players were locked up before the new CBA and feeding freenzy for mediocre players began. Anyone that wants to suggest otherwise read Gary Myers NY Daily NEWs column regarding the Redskins free agent signings this year and their success(or lack thereof) as players.

With all the teams that has a boatload of cash that have not addressed any needs through free agency and the fact that WE HAVE NOT LOST 1 SINGLE PLAYER of note as of yet(including Will Allen) Its mind boggling to me how this idea can even be suggested.

Big names win you nothing, overspending for average names does not win much either. Keeping your own young core at a reasonable price does!

Anyway EA's offseason started this past season when he locked up TE Jeremy Shockey and DE Osi Umenyiora with long term deals before this silly market was set for free agents with the new CBA. Add in stalwart olineman David Diehl and Rich Suerbert and its evident the Giants have a plan for their own young players that. The fact we did not break the bank for any of them is a testament to the Giants organizations looking ahead to things.

These players were locked up before the new CBA and feeding freenzy for mediocre players began. Anyone that wants to suggest otherwise read Gary Myers NY Daily NEWs column regarding the Redskins free agent signings this year and their success(or lack thereof) as players.

With all the teams that has a boatload of cash that have not addressed any needs through free agency and the fact that WE HAVE NOT LOST 1 SINGLE PLAYER of note as of yet(including Will Allen) Its mind boggling to me how this idea can even be suggested.

Big names win you nothing, overspending for average names does not win much either. Keeping your own young core at a reasonable price does!

We lost Clancy because Arizona overpayed for him.

We lost Clancy because Arizona overpayed for him.

Clancy was signed at thevet minimum and got very little fanfare last year although he played well, I do not think he was a player we cannot replace, nor do I think he was worth one iota of the cash the Cards or the Giants for that matter offered him. Guys like him arev ery replaceable and listen to Carl Banks assesment on Sirius and it appears that he had been lazy and was spurred on by the idea of a long term deal.

Guest Lockhart

Yes, and Shockey immediately runs to Maimi this off season, again refusing to join his teammates in NJ for the off -season program. Osi was a good sign, but what knucklehead wouldn't have re-signed him. Losing Will Allen is something as he was the Giants best CB, and is now being replaced by an aging Sam Madison or a often beaten Corey Webster. Kendrick Clancy is gone and was one of the best DTs on the team, if not the best. While Jospeh was again injured and/or disappointing Clancy not only filled in nicely - he was much better that the overwieght, overrated and overpaid Joseph. Then this moron decides another overrated hack Lavar Arrington should be targeted, ignoring the fact he has been an overpaid bench jockey for the Redskins for two years and constantly injured. You have to wonder about a guy who doesn't seem to be able to evaluate football talent at all - his choices of Dayne, Joseph, and Eli instead of Ben makes that more than abundantly clear.

this has not been a bad offseason at all. we locked up half our team for the next 6years. on top of that, he hasnt overpaid for free agents like everyone is doing. his worst offseason by far was the season we picked up kenny holmes, thinking he was the bookend for strahan that he was for kearse

this has not been a bad offseason at all. we locked up half our team for the next 6years. on top of that, he hasnt overpaid for free agents like everyone is doing. his worst offseason by far was the season we picked up kenny holmes, thinking he was the bookend for strahan that he was for kearse

yes that was after the SB year and we also signed Sehorn to that huge deal then. That was an awful offseason.

Guest Lockhart
yes that was after the SB year and we also signed Sehorn to that huge deal then. That was an awful offseason.

That was s disaster - throwing moeny at Sehorn was more than stupid - that ranks right there with the Ron Dayne choice, bypassing Shaun Alexander.

That was s disaster - throwing moeny at Sehorn was more than stupid - that ranks right there with the Ron Dayne choice, bypassing Shaun Alexander.

some people would have gone ballistic had they let Sehorn walk, he did have a good postseason against the Eagles and Vikes, but the game against the Ravens was a foreshadowing to what we would see over the next few years.

I cannot complain about Dayne although Alexander is a great back because I think that pick made TIKI the player he is now and I would rather have Tiki over any of them, Alexander and his Tds and stats included.

Guest Lockhart
some people would have gone ballistic had they let Sehorn walk, he did have a good postseason against the Eagles and Vikes, but the game against the Ravens was a foreshadowing to what we would see over the next few years.

I cannot complain about Dayne although Alexander is a great back because I think that pick made TIKI the player he is now and I would rather have Tiki over any of them, Alexander and his Tds and stats included.

Forget Alexander - picking Dayne was a disaster by itself, picking Dayne instead of Alexander was a bungle that should have cost Accorsi his job. Then he picks Eli, after giving away a boatlaod of choices instead of Ben Roethlisberger. How many chances does Accorsi get?

I for one don't think that IF we had Shawn A...he'd be succesful in a Giant offense. I mean Shawn runs LEFT like 75% of the time...not as elusive as Tiki. Tiki makes holes out of nothing AND he can run left, middle and right very well. Plus HIM and Shawn on the same team???? Possibly would have traded the BEST RB in Giants history named Tiki.

Guest Lockhart
I for one don't think that IF we had Shawn A...he'd be succesful in a Giant offense. I mean Shawn runs LEFT like 75% of the time...not as elusive as Tiki. Tiki makes holes out of nothing AND he can run left, middle and right very well. Plus HIM and Shawn on the same team???? Possibly would have traded the BEST RB in Giants history named Tiki.

Alexander runs left 75% of the time because of LT Walter Jones and LG Steve Hutchison you nimrod. If those two were the left side of the Giants line, Tiki would be running to the left side 75% of the time.

Guest Carbo

Isn't this EA's last year? I seem to recall reading that he was hanging around one more season to keep the organization intact since the deaths of Mara and Tisch. If this is correct, it's obvious he is going through the motions. His heart isn't in this. It's demanding work, and EA is dreaming of retirement, not putting together the pieces of a championship team.

Alexander runs left 75% of the time because of LT Walter Jones and LG Steve Hutchison you nimrod. If those two were the left side of the Giants line, Tiki would be running to the left side 75% of the time.

I disagree....some RB's can only run a certain style. Eddie George wasn't fast. Ron Dayne ran too soft for the Giants (but fits well in a Denver system).

If Tiki played for the Seahawks he'd get the same production as he did on the Giants. Whereas if Shawn played for the Giants, he'd "prolly" be an average RB who runs left!!!!

...Tiki is the GREATEST RB the Giants ever had and Shawn and Tiki could NEVER co-exist on the same team.