SportsWrath

Owens Agrees to Terms with Dallas?

Barens

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509649.html

UPDATE: Owens Agrees to Terms?

By Roy Philpott

TheRanchReport.com

Date: Mar 16, 2006

TheRanchReport.com brings you the latest information surrounding unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Updating a previous report earlier Thursday, TheRanchReport.com has learned that the Dallas Cowboys will announce the signing of Terrell Owens, possibly as soon as early next week.

Sources close to the Cowboys indicated late Thursday evening that a deal has been reached between Dallas and Owens, however a contract has not yet been signed.

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

Barring an unexpected change of events, Owens will arrive in Dallas the subject of much controversy.

On the field, he has proven to be one of the most effective wide receivers in the National Football League. Off the field, he has created a firestorm in the locker room of the only two teams he's played for in the NFL- Philadelphia and San Francisco.

How he will fit in with the Cowboys remains to be seen, but he has already received the public support of QB Drew Bledsoe, who was quoted earlier this week as saying he would be open to the idea of Owens playing in Dallas.

In addition, Dallas has already released its No. 1 receiver from last year's team, Keyshawn Johnson, earlier this week. At the time, the move led many to speculate that Owens was on his way to Dallas.

Indeed, that now appears to be the case.

The Cowboys are expected to announce the deal after owner Jerry Jones returns from St. Barts, where he has been vacationing with his family this week.

For his career, Owens has caught 716 passes for 10,535 yards and 101 touchdowns. Last year with the Eagles, Owens caught 47 passes for 763 and six touchdowns in just seven games.

Guest Lockhart
http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509649.html

UPDATE: Owens Agrees to Terms?

By Roy Philpott

TheRanchReport.com

Date: Mar 16, 2006

TheRanchReport.com brings you the latest information surrounding unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Updating a previous report earlier Thursday, TheRanchReport.com has learned that the Dallas Cowboys will announce the signing of Terrell Owens, possibly as soon as early next week.

Sources close to the Cowboys indicated late Thursday evening that a deal has been reached between Dallas and Owens, however a contract has not yet been signed.

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

Barring an unexpected change of events, Owens will arrive in Dallas the subject of much controversy.

On the field, he has proven to be one of the most effective wide receivers in the National Football League. Off the field, he has created a firestorm in the locker room of the only two teams he's played for in the NFL- Philadelphia and San Francisco.

How he will fit in with the Cowboys remains to be seen, but he has already received the public support of QB Drew Bledsoe, who was quoted earlier this week as saying he would be open to the idea of Owens playing in Dallas.

In addition, Dallas has already released its No. 1 receiver from last year's team, Keyshawn Johnson, earlier this week. At the time, the move led many to speculate that Owens was on his way to Dallas.

Indeed, that now appears to be the case.

The Cowboys are expected to announce the deal after owner Jerry Jones returns from St. Barts, where he has been vacationing with his family this week.

For his career, Owens has caught 716 passes for 10,535 yards and 101 touchdowns. Last year with the Eagles, Owens caught 47 passes for 763 and six touchdowns in just seven games.

Redskins are getting better, the Cowboys are getting better while EA signs backup safeties with knee injuries - pitiful.

Redskins are getting better, the Cowboys are getting better while EA signs backup safeties with knee injuries - pitiful.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way to the Dallas bandwagon

Guest Lockhart

will demps will be hobbling around and Corey Webster will continue looking lost as TO zips by these to blocking dummies for some Long Pass TDs. Meanwhile EA is doing nothing.

I still think our team is more solid than those other two, granted the additions work out. With Gibril and Sam as safeties, im fine with that. I just need to see that Demps is healthy, and Will Pete, and Im not worried about TO, Moss, etc.

I still think our team is more solid than those other two, granted the additions work out. With Gibril and Sam as safeties, im fine with that. I just need to see that Demps is healthy, and Will Pete, and Im not worried about TO, Moss, etc.

Sam is going to play safety? What did we get Demps for?

The saddest part is that the Giants got TO's attitude with Plaxico, but without the TO ability.

I don't think so, man. TO has torn apart 2 playoff teams and left them in shambles. He'll do the same thing in Dallas.

I wonder what everyone is going to say when Plax and Eli have a great year. Also, lets add to this that our secondary becomes the best in the NFL. These message boards will go away and there will be nothing to bitch and complain about anymore.

I wonder what everyone is going to say when Plax and Eli have a great year. Also, lets add to this that our secondary becomes the best in the NFL. These message boards will go away and there will be nothing to bitch and complain about anymore.

There will always be something to complain about.

Guest Carbo
The saddest part is that the Giants got TO's attitude with Plaxico, but without the TO ability.
Hehe. Sad, but true.

We'll never know since TO Lite and Helicopter are headed towards a great year in the foreseeable future. Hell, they can't even agree on a game of catch in the off season.

And as for the secondary becoming the best in the NFL, that is far, far from reality. With a starting crew of recycled rejects, I can hear the shouts to bring back "Toast" Patterson.

Hehe. Sad, but true.

We'll never know since TO Lite and Helicopter are headed towards a great year in the foreseeable future. Hell, they can't even agree on a game of catch in the off season.

And as for the secondary becoming the best in the NFL, that is far, far from reality. With a starting crew of recycled rejects, I can hear the shouts to bring back "Toast" Patterson.

Last I looked the Pats had a bunch of "no bodys" on there team before rolling of 3 SB wins......One of them was this dude Tom Something...Tom.... Brady...Yeah thats it Tom Brady :TU:

Guest Nutty Sack

I'm thrilled we have all this strength in the secondary so that they can tackle the running backs who run through our paper mache defensive front.

Guest Lockhart
Last I looked the Pats had a bunch of "no bodys" on there team before rolling of 3 SB wins......One of them was this dude Tom Something...Tom.... Brady...Yeah thats it Tom Brady :TU:

Yes but New England has an eye for Talent - Accorsi is the same nimrod that took Ron Dayne and William Joseph in the first round and signed Barrett "injured reserve" Green as a free agent - EA is the Hellen Keller of NFL GMs.

Guest Nutty Sack
Yes but New England has an eye for Talent - Accorsi is the same nimrod that took Ron Dayne and William Joseph in the first round and signed Barrett "injured reserve" Green as a free agent - EA is the Hellen Keller of NFL GMs.

Don't be so hard on him Lock, after all he did unearth that gem Bert Jones for the Baltimore Colts way back when.

I'm thrilled we have all this strength in the secondary so that they can tackle the running backs who run through our paper mache defensive front.

Our run defense was good last year,it was our Pass D that stunk. Whats wrong with our front? :confused:

Really, I think that you guys should just stop pretending to be Giant Fans. If they make you this angry then DO NOT ROOT FOR THEM!!! I and everyone else doesn't care what some weenie jack'en off on his computer all day thinks. Go root for a team that you think is doing a great job in free agency (AKA Redskins) and I'll be laughing my ass off when the Giant roll over them next year because they have no depth, something that we are getting more and more of.

Ability is one thing, which Plax certainly has, however, TO always runs his routes fully, you have to give him credit for that. In fact, him and TO are opposites in that manner.

Ability is one thing, which Plax certainly has, however, TO always runs his routes fully, you have to give him credit for that. In fact, him and TO are opposites in that manner.

LMAO!!

Frerotte rammin his head, that was so funny! :LMAO: