1B: Ryan Howard

2B: Kelly Johnson

3B: Garrett Atkins

SS: Jimmy Rollins

OF: Lance Berkman

OF: Adam Dunn

OF: Josh Fields

OF: Chris Young

UTIL: Kosuke Fukodome (considering starting either Willingham or LaRoche here instead)

UTIL: Josh Hamilton

BN: Howie Kendrick

BN: Josh Willingham

BN: Jason Varitek

BN: Adam LaRoche

SP: Tim Lincecum

SP: Fransisco Liriano

SP: Matt Cain

SP: Chad Billingsley

SP: Clay Bucholtz

RP: Joe Nathan

RP: Rafael Soriano

RP: Huston Street

BN: Adam Wainwright

your starting pitching is shaky--i can tell you didn't even pick a starter tillt he 6th or 7th round. liriano and lincecum are risky to have at the top of your rotation (though i'd probably consider cain the ace either way), but if they both work out and street stays healthy you'll be fine, your offense is obviously solid.

i dont love your bench on the offensive side, but i can't suggest any good players or sleepers that are probably on yoru waiver wire to you till the sportswrath league has drafted

sucks

Care to explain why, as Admiral did?

Yes, my pitching staff is a little weak, but I am banking on Lincecum and Liriano to reach their dominating potential, which may be a stretch. As far as hitting, i think I have most of the major categories covered except SB and maybe AVG...My draft strategy was to wait on pitching, because I don't really know if there is a big difference between the first tier SP's and the 2nd and 3rd tier ones. Maybe I am wrong, I guess I'll see in a few weeks/months... :ph34r:

There are a million good players on waivers i can pick up for the bench- I was thinking of dropping LaRoche because I already have so many players that are similar to him.

Yes, my pitching staff is a little weak, but I am banking on Lincecum and Liriano to reach their dominating potential, which may be a stretch. As far as hitting, i think I have most of the major categories covered except SB and maybe AVG...My draft strategy was to wait on pitching, because I don't really know if there is a big difference between the first tier SP's and the 2nd and 3rd tier ones. Maybe I am wrong, I guess I'll see in a few weeks/months... :ph34r:

There are a million good players on waivers i can pick up for the bench- I was thinking of dropping LaRoche because I already have so many players that are similar to him.

it's not a bad strategy, almost every starting pitcher carries a substantial risk, so i dont like to use high round picks on them either unless their names are santana, peavy or bedard

Sucks because I said it sucks. What ore explanation to you need/

I'm just messing with you dude, I don't know anything about fantasy baseball.

You are a Rangers fan though, right? Josh Hamilton is going to be a beast this year ( I hope). :)

Yep, bit Rangers fan. I've read article after article with players quotes and apparently he's just killing the ball. I'm just afraid of the hype machine. But yeah, all sings point to him being a force.

Well, Here it is:

C: Victor Martinez

1B: Ryan Howard

2B: Kelly Johnson

3B: Garrett Atkins

SS: Jimmy Rollins

OF: Lance Berkman

OF: Adam Dunn

OF: Josh Fields

OF: Chris Young

UTIL: Kosuke Fukodome (considering starting either Willingham or LaRoche here instead)

UTIL: Josh Hamilton

BN: Howie Kendrick

BN: Josh Willingham

BN: Jason Varitek

BN: Adam LaRoche

SP: Tim Lincecum

SP: Fransisco Liriano

SP: Matt Cain

SP: Chad Billingsley

SP: Clay Bucholtz

RP: Joe Nathan

RP: Rafael Soriano

RP: Huston Street

BN: Adam Wainwright

You obviously concentrated on offense early, probably going Howard, Rollins, Berkman, and Victor. Your offense will definitely be hurting in the SB and AVG department, so you might wanna start Kendrick over Johnson. While they offer the same in speed, Kendrick should have a tremendous BA. Still, your only speed guys are Rollins and Young. Don't worry, you have plenty of power, but don't expect great BAs from Fields (rookie), Young (last year), and Dunn. Is there a limit on the pitchers you can have? You got your backups, including backup catcher, which I consider to be very important for those extra 20+ games worth of stats over the year. As for your SP, I like it, despite the risk. You have no chance at competing in wins but you should be up there in strikeouts. You should be all set for saves...but I dunno, if possible, I'd scrap an OF for another SP. Buchholz will be on an innings limit and all that so his chances at wins should be limited as well. You have too many low BA, slow, HR type of guys and SP question marks...other than that, the team looks solid enough.

Actually, I just drafted in my nine team league (8th overall pick, snake) so this provides an interesting chance to compare teams. Okay, here goes.

Player (Pick)

C-Brian McCann (9)

1b-Prince Fielder (2)

2b-Rickie Weeks (11)

3b-Alex Gordon (14)

SS-Troy Tulowitzki (6)

CI-Mark Teixeira (4)

MI-Julio Lugo (23)

OF-Lance Berkman (3)

OF-Alex Rios (5)

OF-Corey Hart (7)

OF-Gary Sheffield (16)

OF-Bill Hall (21)

Util-Joey Votto (24)

SP-Johan Santana (1)

SP-Felix Hernandez (8)

P-Tim Lincecum (10)

P-Francisco Liriano (12)

P-Matt Cain (13)

P-Rich Harden (17)

P-Zack Greinke (19)

P-Matt Garza (25)

P-Bobby Jenks (15)

P-Manny Corpas (18)

P-Brad Lidge (20)

P-Brian Wilson (22)

So, without a bench, I'm obviously going to draft a little bit differently...but all that means is that I'll go for best available player (most likely OF) instead of reaching for a good backup MI or C early. Checking against ADP lists, I apparently drafted all of my guys early but sometimes you have to reach out for those guys you A. Trust and B. Believe in. I tried going for a lot of Speed/power guys like Hart, Weeks, Rios, Gordon, and even Sheffield, who was a late steal. I'm a strong believer in just getting the best pitchers available and going with, not scrap heap closers, but cheaper guys. I have tremendous K potential but the same risks with Lincecum, Liriano, and Harden that whatshisface had. Bill Hall and Joey Votto are my two droppable guys at this point.

• 1 month later...
Old thread, but I was just offered Victorino and Jered Weaver for Liriano- Should I pull the trigger?

If the person is stupid enough to offer, YES! Liriano was just sent back to the minors and won't be back in shape until the ASB at least...in a nine team league, Liriano isn't worth much. Weaver alone would be a good return. So yes, do it.

How is your team doing anyway?

Yeah, I made the trade. I thought it was a no-brainer also, but I just wanted to make sure. Team is doing pretty solid, in second place so far but there is a long way to go. Hows your team going?

Fourth overall right now but everything is pointing upward. I'm dominating saves (32 vs. 18) while still leading the league in strikeouts (224 vs. 214) which is a very positive trend. I'm tops in SB as well (32-28-23) along with, for the time being, tops in ERA and WHIP on the strength of Greinke, Hernandez, Lincecum, and for the last two starts, Lee. My offense is middle of the pack but I'm hoping that Fielder and Teixeira continue to heat up along with the recently picked up Conor Jackson in place of Sheffield.