SportsWrath

So, Wilson, Torbor and Mitchell are adios.

Ditto

"The Giants lost three defensive starters just hours after the free-agent signing period opened, as safety Gibril Wilson and linebackers Kawika Mitchell and Reggie Torbor all left for greener pastures. The Giants were trying to keep both Wilson and Mitchell, according to team sources, but their prices went way too high. Wilson got a six-year deal worth a reported $39 million with $16 million in guaranteed money from the Raiders. Mitchell got a five-year, $17.5 million deal with a $3.5 million signing bonus from the Bills. Torbor agreed to terms with the Dolphins.

Replacing Wilson, though, could be more difficult. That's why the Giants inquired yesterday about free-agent safeties Sammy Knight (Jacksonville Jaguars) and Eugene Wilson (New England Patriots).

Source: New York Daily News"

I didn't think we'd keep Wilson, but I'm surprised Mitchell and Torbor couldn't be signed.

Like I said somewhere else with how quickly he signed he either was looking for a great offer to lock into or just wanted to play for the future first-ever Canadian based football team.

I remember the thread....really he was offered way too much money to refuse. Good Luck to him.