SportsWrath

FA

K3VIN

isthere anyone the giants are looking into

The morning news said the Giants were interested in Bengals saftey Madieu Williams, but Williams has already signed today with the Vikings.

The morning news also said the Giants were interested in NE's safety Eugene Wilson, but haven't heard anything on that.

KFFL reports:

1) the Giants are interested in CB Jason Webster (Bills)

2) the Giants are interested in free-agent RB Maurice Hicks (49ers)

Hopefully, the Giants are busy, but keeping their cards close to their vest....hence the silence. I hope they are pursuing a high-end linebacker like Lance Briggs, Calvin Pace or Landon Johnson....and doing there best to figure out a way to get a solid safety.

I dunno, just a rumor I read on Yahoo.

Do not take this as targeted at the messanger but signing him would make no sense. The Giants have a lot of players they want to keep and have the cap space to keep near everyone so they would be wise to keep spots open for rookies. Bringing in an elderly gentle-DE who has done nothing in his career to warrant a roster spot seems foolish unless they are targeting him as camp bait. And if they are working on camp bait on day one when there is a LB who would be a good fit and should at least be given a chance to express interest.....well after last season I am living by the motto Trust in Reese right now.

Do not take this as targeted at the messanger but signing him would make no sense. The Giants have a lot of players they want to keep and have the cap space to keep near everyone so they would be wise to keep spots open for rookies. Bringing in an elderly gentle-DE who has done nothing in his career to warrant a roster spot seems foolish unless they are targeting him as camp bait. And if they are working on camp bait on day one when there is a LB who would be a good fit and should at least be given a chance to express interest.....well after last season I am living by the motto Trust in Reese right now.

Oh no offense taken, I agre with you.

The morning news said the Giants were interested in Bengals saftey Madieu Williams, but Williams has already signed today with the Vikings.

The morning news also said the Giants were interested in NE's safety Eugene Wilson, but haven't heard anything on that.

KFFL reports:

1) the Giants are interested in CB Jason Webster (Bills)

2) the Giants are interested in free-agent RB Maurice Hicks (49ers)

Hopefully, the Giants are busy, but keeping their cards close to their vest....hence the silence. I hope they are pursuing a high-end linebacker like Lance Briggs, Calvin Pace or Landon Johnson....and doing there best to figure out a way to get a solid safety.

Why??

Wjy would we need ANOTHER RB, when everyone we have on the roster right now is better than Hicks. :huh:

Why??

Wjy would we need ANOTHER RB, when everyone we have on the roster right now is better than Hicks. :huh:

I have no idea. My hunch is that the staff knows Ward and Droughns won't be back and they are looking for an experienced backup to keep on the bench if Jacobs or Bradshaw goes down. I think Hicks is a pretty good special teams player and has been used to return punts. Interesting....Hicks or Hixon returning kickoffs and punts.