SportsWrath

Take a WR with first pick?

lemmiwinks

25. Giants Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State

For Eli Manning to continue his ascension as one of the game's top young signal-callers, the Giants need to continue to surround him with weapons.

If we picked a LB & DT in FA I could see this happening....It wouldnt be the worst thing to happen, Toomer is old and we dont have a 3rd WR so blowing a pick on a Top WR isnt the worst thing we could do

Guest Carbo

That prediction is right on. The Giants haven't had a legitimate WR in thirty years. Remember a guy named Homer Jones? Since then they had a succession of has beens, brick hands, and wanna-be's. Burress is just the latest in a string of failures at that position. I hope the Giants score a WR early and often in the draft. Of course, the Catch-22 is that the Front Office drafts a receiver who can actually catch.

As an aside, the only questionable comment in Fox's analysis was their referring to Helicopter as "one of the game's top young signal callers". That's a s-t-r-e-t-c-h. . .

Guest Nutty Sack
Watch the draft online. That way you can throw your brick thru your PC. :TU:

I have a whole network going so that idea won't work. I'll just move over to a different monitor. :rock: Your not going to get rid of the Fab Four that easily.

I have a whole network going so that idea won't work. I'll just move over to a different monitor. :rock: Your not going to get rid of the Fab Four that easily.

I have no issues with any of you guys...yes, even that flamer Carbo. I just wish you'd mix it up a bit. It's really getting old.

Guest Carbo
I have no issues with any of you guys...yes, even that flamer Carbo. I just wish you'd mix it up a bit. It's really getting old.
Wow! Is the Cold War thawing? Or am I about to be sucker punched? :unsure:

Guest Nutty Sack

Please help us understand. Mix it up ?? What do you want a song and dance routine ?? We see flaws in the product and we offer solutions to discuss.

Please help us understand. Mix it up ?? What do you want a song and dance routine ?? We see flaws in the product and we offer solutions to discuss.

Meaning...talk about something else beside W. Joseph, E. Manning, J. Shockey and P. Burress. You offer stupid solution. Perfect Example: "Lets trade J. Shockey for the 2nd Overall draft pick."

Wow! Is the Cold War thawing? Or am I about to be sucker punched? :unsure:

Virtually no...but if I ever meet you....

A MB feud is really stupid. You guys can go on and on trying to piss Giants fans off all you want just now without me involved. I really don't think you believe half the trash you spew. Your only goal is to grab as much attention as you can and piss people off. With that in mind a sensible Giants fan can never win against you.

If you ever refer to me as what you did on the other board again, though there will be hell to pay.

That prediction is right on. The Giants haven't had a legitimate WR in thirty years. Remember a guy named Homer Jones? Since then they had a succession of has beens, brick hands, and wanna-be's. Burress is just the latest in a string of failures at that position. I hope the Giants score a WR early and often in the draft. Of course, the Catch-22 is that the Front Office drafts a receiver who can actually catch.

As an aside, the only questionable comment in Fox's analysis was their referring to Helicopter as "one of the game's top young signal callers". That's a s-t-r-e-t-c-h. . .

are you kidding? we go wr early and often in a wide receiver thin draft so we will get shitty value, and then we still have holes at dt, lb, safety and ot. GREAT SOLUTIONS YOU GUYS PROVIDE.

Guest Carbo
Meaning...talk about something else beside W. Joseph, E. Manning, J. Shockey and P. Burress. You offer stupid solution. Perfect Example: "Lets trade J. Shockey for the 2nd Overall draft pick."
Actually, trading TO White for the number two pick is brilliant.

You know exactly what I am talking about.

No, unfortunately. I said the move is brilliant, not the Front Office.

Why the fuck is the move brillant? Who do you replace Shockey with? Don't say Vernon Davis. Vernon Davis, value wise, is an awful pick at number 2.

Guest Carbo
Why the fuck is the move brillant?
Because he has average hands, and is an average blocker. Yet, he retains his marquee value and some fool GM on another team will overpay for him.

As for his replacement, what's so hard about finding a guy with average hands and average blocking skills? I mean, we ain't talking John Mackey here.

Because he has average hands, and is an average blocker. Yet, he retains his marquee value and some fool GM on another team will overpay for him.

As for his replacement, what's so hard about finding a guy with average hands and average blocking skills? I mean, we ain't talking John Mackey here.

Where do you find him? You won't get a playmaker like Shockey in the 3rd round, and you'd most likely have to trade a 1st and 2nd rounder for NO's number 2 pick. I'm sorry, but I'll take Shockey and 7 picks instead of Brick, some bum at TE, and 4 picks.

Guest Carbo
Where do you find him? You won't get a playmaker like Shockey in the 3rd round, and you'd most likely have to trade a 1st and 2nd rounder for NO's number 2 pick. I'm sorry, but I'll take Shockey and 7 picks instead of Brick, some bum at TE, and 4 picks.
That's what makes the NFL Draft fun. Differing opinions. You're wrong, of course, but nevertheless you are allowed your two cents.