SportsWrath

Is There Such Thing as DESTINY?

BleedinBlue

There have been several times in my life when I'm convinced that "destiny" is a real phenomenon that cannot be explained scientifically and it's as if an unseeable force takes over.

When the Giants got by the Cowboys (with Eli's 43 second drive the length of the field for a TD), and then made a 47 yard FG at Lambeau in the bitterest cold and wind (after missing two earlier that were much easier), I started thinking I was watching a team in which "destiny" had taken over. So much so, that I believed there was a good chance (not just "a chance"), that the Giants would pull it off.

After Brady's last drive to put the Pats up by 4 points, I finally started to think that I had been wrong. But then one play after another....including of course, the most remarkable "escape-fling-impossible catch" by David (special teams gunner) Tyree, followed by the easy drop into Plax's hands in the end zone.....I believe in "destiny".

It makes me wonder if a higher power is involved.

Take for instance, Seabiscuit (an unbeoming race horse that was too small, knobby-kneed, and stubborn). At just a couple of years old, Seabiscuit was headed for the glue factory because he was thought to be untrainable and far too small to be a good race horse. Of course....Seabiscuit went on to win by 4 lengths, a head-to-head race against the gorgeous, long legged, perfect thoroughbred, Triple Crown Winner, "War Admiral". Again...all I can think of is "destiny".

Or when Secretariat, who didn't just win the Triple Crown, but won the last leg of the crown by 25 LENGTHS...making it nearly impossible for TV cameras to be able to televise the entire field because it required wide angle lens. Races that were routinely won by a "nose", "half a length", or at the very most, "4 lengths"....was won by 25 lengths! Again...."destiny".

And of course the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team in probably the biggest upset in sports history.

Regardless....I felt as if the Giants had the blessings of a higher power and had been given the gift of "destiny" ever since the Dallas game.

Am I nuts? Or does anyone think I'm actually sane?

Brother, I know what you mean. I put my 2 year old to bed at half time, after our normal nightly prayer, I concluted by saying, and God maybe you could give the Giants a hand finnishing this game. So my 2 year old looks up at me, gets a big smile on his face and says, Amen. I knew it was the truth right then and there.

I met a few Destinys in my time- theirs were fake. :P

All the Destiny's (on my case load) I have known were previously Dexter's at birth. :P There was this one client of mine who named her kids Faith, Hope, Charity and Destiny. Destiny was the only boy. :huh: What are the chances that he changes it to Darrel officially at age 18. ;)