SportsWrath

Building the New York Giants Forum

Money

As many of you know, I am dislike many of the members here at Sportswrath.com in that I was not a major figure on Giants.com's Current Events board. When that board was deleted, I made a long thread criticizing the Moderator's decision. Within a few days, my thread was erased and my account was mysteriously disabled. Nonetheless, I visit this forum primarily for football discussion and very little else, which seprates me from the majority of the members here. As such, I want to develop this Giants-specific forum into an excellent place for posters who want to talk about the Giants and possibly even the rest of the NFL.

I cannot do this alone, and I need the help of all posters here. The best way to successfully build a forum is to attract quality posters, and it should be our collective goal to identify and recruit knowledgeable posters that we find on alternate sites. The only exception to this is BBI, where the best members there tend to be very dedicated to that particular site ... message board monogamous, if you will. The bottom line is that if this particular forum is to grow, it has to add new members who can consistently contribute in a positive fashion. BBI just is not a worthwhile resource.

In order to recruit people, I recommend using PM's on other message board. Administrators tend to frown upon people who promote their own site, so private contact is the way to go. Do your best to inform people that Sportswrath is a growing site with a lot to offer in terms of football and non-football content.

This brings me to my final point, and it applies specifically to new members: please be patient. Right now, our Giants board looks empty and uninteresting. Understand that this website was established only a few days ago, and that we are doing whatever is necessary to make this board the best it can be as soon as possible. As a new member, you have an opportunity to be apart of the solution, and both the members here and myself would greatly appreciate it if you embrace this opportunity. Participate in discussions, present your ideas, say things for shock value, and invite some of you buddies from other sites. I promise, it will absolutely be worth it.

Right now, Sportswrath is mainly a Current Events site, but I know that it can be a lot more. I know that it has the building blocks (great football minds, unique personalities, dedicated Mods) to be a tremendous Football site as well. I encourage all posters here, new and old, to do their best in helping this board realize its potential and achieve our shared goals.

Thanks,

- $

As many of you, I am dislike many of the members here at Sportswrath.com in that I was not a major figure on Giants.com's Current Events board. When that board was deleted, I made a long thread criticizing the Moderator's decision. Within a few days, my thread was erased and my account was mysteriously disabled. Nonetheless, I visit this forum primarily for football discussion and very little else, which seprates me from the majority of the members here. As such, I want to develop this Giants-specific forum into an excellent place for posters who want to talk about the Giants and possibly even the rest of the NFL.

I cannot do this alone, and I need the help of all posters here. The best way to successfully build a forum is to attract quality posters, and it should be our collective goal to identify and recruit knowledgeable posters that we find on alternate sites. The only exception to this is BBI, where the best members there tend to be very dedicated to that particular site ... message board monogamous, if you will. The bottom line is that if this particular forum is to grow, it has to add new members who can consistently contribute in a positive fashion. BBI just is not a worthwhile resource.

In order to recruit people, I recommend using PM's on other message board. Administrators tend to frown upon people who promote their own site, so private contact is the way to go. Do your best to inform people that Sportswrath is a growing site with a lot to offer in terms of football and non-football content.

This brings me to my final point, and it applies specifically to new members: please be patient. Right now, our Giants board looks empty and uninteresting. Understand that this website was established only a few days ago, and that we are doing whatever is necessary to make this board the best it can be as soon as possible. As a new member, you have an opportunity to be apart of the solution, and both the members here and myself would greatly appreciate it if you embrace this opportunity. Participate in discussions, present your ideas, say things for shock value, and invite some of you buddies from other sites. I promise, it will absolutely be worth it.

Right now, Sportswrath is mainly a Current Events site, but I know that it can be a lot more. I know that it has the building blocks (great football minds, unique personalities, dedicated Mods) to be a tremendous Football site as well. I encourage all posters here, new and old, to do their best in helping this board realize its potential and achieve our shared goals.

There are certain members here who get a kick out of trolling the board and provoking other posters. Unfortunately, there is little the Administrators here can do to effectively get rid of them, because there are ways around suspensions and IP bans.

So here is the best way to deal with such trolls: ignore them. They make ridiculous posts in order to get under your skin ... they want you to respond. So don't play their game and don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that you are their puppet. Ignore them, and the board experience will be much, much better.

Finally, any inflammatory material authored by trolls or directed at trolls that are made with the intent to antagonize will be deleted on the spot. No exceptions.

Thanks,

- $

Money...You Da Man!!! ;)

I agree with all your points Money and in turn also appreciate good solid Giants debate. This sounds weird, but the NY football Giants are my passion, my 365, 7 day a week thing. Over the years my love of baseball and other sports(although still strong)has dwindled because of the fact my obsession with football has grown.

Anyway getting to my point, inevitably when the "FAB4" get here, can we place ELI SUCKS, EA SUCK, WE TOLD YOU SO threads. I appreciate the opinions of others and quite frankly am open to alternate opinions in regards to the team, but the constant posts, same boring thing after same boring thing ruin it. After the SB, I had no use for the Giants section as it was one giant(no pun intended)post of the same banter.

I agree though lets make this section great. I am up for the challenge and look forward to good debate and off season talk, leading into an upcoming season.

Excellent post, Money. One word of caution concerning recruiting people though. Recruiting people through PM's is known as "PM Advertising", and it is in most boards rules (including this one), that it is an offence worthy of warning/banning/suspension. My guess is, unless the people you are PM'ing complain, nobody will know. I suspect if a member PM's someone from another board, they know they are cool, and it shouldn't be a problem. Just wanted everyone to be aware so we don't get the "I was banned at such and such a site" threads. I hope this section flourishes, I miss the old days in TAGF.

Excellent post, Money. One word of caution concerning recruiting people though. Recruiting people through PM's is known as "PM Advertising", and it is in most boards rules (including this one), that it is an offence worthy of warning/banning/suspension. My guess is, unless the people you are PM'ing complain, nobody will know. I suspect if a member PM's someone from another board, they know they are cool, and it shouldn't be a problem. Just wanted everyone to be aware so we don't get the "I was banned at such and such a site" threads. I hope this section flourishes, I miss the old days in TAGF.

you can still post at TAGF, it still exists

Giants Talk > Current Events

Absolutely right. I'm in the same boat as xxi-xxv ... the Giants are full-time hobby for me. Not a day goes by where I don't scour the interent and message board for news or debates. And I know I'm not alone here, which is why I think we owe it to ourselves and others who share the same hobby to make this an excellent resource for Giants discussion.

But the amount of posters we have aren't enough to make this section as good as we hope. Also, this month may easily be the worst month of the year talking about the Giants. Maybe June is the worst but that at least has the cuts and at least baseball. This month has nothing. No FA, spring training late in the month, nothing.

But the amount of posters we have aren't enough to make this section as good as we hope. Also, this month may easily be the worst month of the year talking about the Giants. Maybe June is the worst but that at least has the cuts and at least baseball. This month has nothing. No FA, spring training late in the month, nothing.

true...but I can talk giants football whenever...but I see you at the GMB at times and I got 3 members to join here is just 1 day...FlyinRyan, Pizan, and WillAllen so if we both PM a couple more of the regulars over there we can turn it into a pretty good board for Giants football

you can still post at TAGF, it still exists

Yeah, I pop over there every now and then, but it isn't the same. I've been registered over there since 2000, and I've seen alot of changes. What's happened over there is an absolute shame. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to alot of football stuff (salary cap, drafting, etc.), but I'm not as ignorant as I once was, and that is due mostly to posters like Money, Hank, etc. who never bashed someone who wanted to learn something, or made a stupid comment. All I'm saying is it would be nice to have those "old" days back, and hopefully, this section gets off the ground.

Yeah, I pop over there every now and then, but it isn't the same. I've been registered over there since 2000, and I've seen alot of changes. What's happened over there is an absolute shame. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to alot of football stuff (salary cap, drafting, etc.), but I'm not as ignorant as I once was, and that is due mostly to posters like Money, Hank, etc. who never bashed someone who wanted to learn something, or made a stupid comment. All I'm saying is it would be nice to have those "old" days back, and hopefully, this section gets off the ground.

me to, this site doesnt get nearly the amount of traffic that one does, and I still like this one better...

which is why I am only sending out PM's only to good posters

why??

Not sure. I've just developed other interests that have made my concern for the Giants wane. I remember watching most of the games last season wherein I had no real emotional response toward what was going on. I'll still watch games and entertain a mild interest, but otherwise I don't really care anymore.

As many of you, I am dislike many of the members here at Sportswrath.com in that I was not a major figure on Giants.com's Current Events board. When that board was deleted, I made a long thread criticizing the Moderator's decision. Within a few days, my thread was erased and my account was mysteriously disabled. Nonetheless, I visit this forum primarily for football discussion and very little else, which seprates me from the majority of the members here. As such, I want to develop this Giants-specific forum into an excellent place for posters who want to talk about the Giants and possibly even the rest of the NFL.

There are certain members here who get a kick out of trolling the board and provoking other posters. Unfortunately, there is little the Administrators here can do to effectively get rid of them, because there are ways around suspensions and IP bans.

So here is the best way to deal with such trolls: ignore them. They make ridiculous posts in order to get under your skin ... they want you to respond. So don't play their game and don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that you are their puppet. Ignore them, and the board experience will be much, much better.

Finally, any inflammatory material authored by trolls or directed at trolls that are made with the intent to antagonize will be deleted on the spot. No exceptions.

Thanks,

- $

Very nice post Mr. $...

I do not live in or around NY. I have been a Giants fan for a very long time, although nobody around me even cares about them. When I found the GMB, I fell in love with the wealth of knowledge that I could find there. I followed, all of which I figured, the "good posters" to Sportswrath.

I love my Giants! I NEED this place to even know what is going on. I think that through the contributions of everyone, we can have this section rocking out as one of the best places to talk Giants football.

I thank you all for sharing your knowledge of the Giants with me.

I am a fanatical Giants fan for 40+ years now, and I love nothing more than to talk with other knowledgable Giants fans about our team. That being said, I can no longer tolerate the anti-Eli/Plax/Shockey/Joseph/Feely venom spewed on a daily basis by the "FAB 4." I have come here to avoid those anti-Giants trolls, and am happy to see that they are not here....at this time. I am mature and objective enough to know that the Giants and their players are not perfect and have their warts, and am willing to call a spade a spade regarding the individual players and the organization as a whole. But I don't want to be beat over the head, on a daily basis, with individual posters' biases/hate of individual players. If that can be avoided here, this place will flourish for years to come. If not, people will leave and find alternative places to post about/root for the Giants. I appreciate all that Va. Giant, BronxRik, Nemesis and the rest of you are trying to do for us. Let's hope that this effort fares better than Giants.com. Thanks again.

Guest Floyd The Barber
I am a fanatical Giants fan for 40+ years now, and I love nothing more than to talk with other knowledgable Giants fans about our team. That being said, I can no longer tolerate the anti-Eli/Plax/Shockey/Joseph/Feely venom spewed on a daily basis by the "FAB 4." I have come here to avoid those anti-Giants trolls, and am happy to see that they are not here....at this time. I am mature and objective enough to know that the Giants and their players are not perfect and have their warts, and am willing to call a spade a spade regarding the individual players and the organization as a whole. But I don't want to be beat over the head, on a daily basis, with individual posters' biases/hate of individual players. If that can be avoided here, this place will flourish for years to come. If not, people will leave and find alternative places to post about/root for the Giants. I appreciate all that Va. Giant, BronxRik, Nemesis and the rest of you are trying to do for us. Let's hope that this effort fares better than Giants.com. Thanks again.

heres a hanky... :cwy: