SportsWrath

How I feel

Lughead

well I had a big spiel going but decided to wipe it out and the title was

Just End The Season

oh wait thats some one else's motto

so I decided to look to the future because whats done is done.

the Future:

as a Giants fan ,how can I look at the team going into next year with optimistic hope that they will "get it together" next year and make a legitimate run at the playoffs. with the coaching staff we have now?

Coughlin: the Hitler (no offense to any one) routine didn't work and cost us the best running back the Franchise has seen. The current Pooh bear routine is not working now. I DO NOT want to see a new routine from him next year, Only his tail lights leaving NY . Thats all I want to see from him in the Future. Get him out of NY.

Gilbride: looked like he knew what he was doing in the last 2 weeks of 06 , not so much since London. He now has become Clueless. last night Steve Smith was given a cushion of about 12-15 yards at the LOS and no quick hitch called no quick slant called . hell LaRandy was 25 yards off the LOS and we should of eaten up the middle of the field with Shockey and Toomer ( I am not counting the drops just the play calls) Get him out of NY.

Chris palmer : Eli's QB coach has anything changed since Palmer has been on board to guide Eli? Mechanics? I mean what the hell 9 step drop and slide here or a step here an throw off balance or off your back foot. He can't get Eli straightened out? hell Eli has found "R" on the shifting lever of this team and that "R" sure dont mean RACE. Get him out of NY.

Margret Hoolihan: cause I forget the guy's name is it palimarie?(sp) I have had it with injury's we need a new strength and conditioning team? work out? program? coaches? what ever it is give us new ones. and to the old ones . Get him/them out of NY.

Home game fans: Gorilla pointed it out and enough is said about them . Put some noise in the seats.Get them (oldies)out of NY

And so after all this we are still in control of our own destiny that we can't control. .... WHAT????

yeah that pretty much sums it up. for the way things are going with our team right now "we are still in control of our own destiny that we can't control"

do I want to see this 2007 team go into the playoffs ........ I dont know man. of course I always do but this time , this time. you know some times you need bad things to happen so good things will come about and make things change for the better. If we do go into the playoffs then so be it run the train as far off the track as she will go and as long as she can keep going. I myself dont expect it to go far.

the Future: I cant wait till April ... why so early? the seasons not over yet. well to tell you the truth I think I am ready for change how about you ?

This team needs a new direction on offense. Not a new quarterback, but a change in personnel.

Get rid of Toomer and sign Stallworth. This team needs a gamebreaker. I know Stallworth is under contract but he's due a lot and he's not even the 3rd WR right now for NE.

The Giants cutting Toomer and signing Stallworth all pends on the confidence of Smith. If we feel he's ready to start or play a lot of downs, then those moves have to be made.

Coughlin has to start trusting his younger players more. He's like the Larry Brown of the NFL. Give Bradshaw a chance, I haven't seen anyone accelerate as well as him in a while.

I bet Maurice Jones Drew doesn't dominate with the Giants the way he has with the Jags. You know why? Because we'd probably give him two plays where he'd do some nice things, and have some good KRs, and then get benched in favor of a guy who can't catch during a time of the game where that's the only thing he'd be useful for.

If the Giants feel Bradshaw won't be the change of pace back for the future, then draft a back in the first few rounds. We can't bring Ward back. Good talent, but way too injury prone.

Build our defense through draft, offense through FA. Drafting WRs aren't the Giants forte so I would stay away from that.

This team needs a new direction on offense. Not a new quarterback, but a change in personnel.

Get rid of Toomer and sign Stallworth. This team needs a gamebreaker. I know Stallworth is under contract but he's due a lot and he's not even the 3rd WR right now for NE.

The Giants cutting Toomer and signing Stallworth all pends on the confidence of Smith. If we feel he's ready to start or play a lot of downs, then those moves have to be made.

Coughlin has to start trusting his younger players more. He's like the Larry Brown of the NFL. Give Bradshaw a chance, I haven't seen anyone accelerate as well as him in a while.

I bet Maurice Jones Drew doesn't dominate with the Giants the way he has with the Jags. You know why? Because we'd probably give him two plays where he'd do some nice things, and have some good KRs, and then get benched in favor of a guy who can't catch during a time of the game where that's the only thing he'd be useful for.

If the Giants feel Bradshaw won't be the change of pace back for the future, then draft a back in the first few rounds. We can't bring Ward back. Good talent, but way too injury prone.

Build our defense through draft, offense through FA. Drafting WRs aren't the Giants forte so I would stay away from that.

I never said we need a new Qb ... I said a new QB coach since Palmer has been here Eli has gone backwards.

Toomer? cut? hell no . Trade him for draft picks. Don't just cut him ,why throw away something for nothing.

Stallworth? bigger faster stronger than Toomer. well not sure about faster. Does he have the feet toes Toomer has for the sidelines? Plax is soposed to be our game breaker,hard to do that all year on a bad wheel. but hell Stallworth and a healthy Plax next year...... HMMMM that may not be to bad .

Bradshaw another reason Coughlin has to go all year that kid could of been returning kick offs how many did he almost break lastnight? Coughlin did it to Ponder and he almost did it to Bradshaw . Bradshaw should be brought into the Rb situation more and more little bit by little bit.

oh and we have to bring Ward back ...... Injury prone well hell cut Shockey too then <_>

i think what you're saying us we need playmakers. on that i agree- our D has lately been missing that aspect as well.

That game was a TE's dream game in that 10-15 yard hitch plays were open all night....sideline to sideline. And as you said Lug....everyone including sclerotic Madden was point out how far off of Smith the Redskins DB's were playing him. So if you were going to be pass happy then hitches and square outs to the TE and Smith should have been the rule of the day. GM's throughout the league snickered when they heard that Palmer was going to be the QB coach. The guy is a waste of skin and has actually allowed Eli to regress back to his poor mechanics of his rookie year.

I never said we need a new Qb ... I said a new QB coach since Palmer has been here Eli has gone backwards.

Toomer? cut? hell no . Trade him for draft picks. Don't just cut him ,why throw away something for nothing.

Stallworth? bigger faster stronger than Toomer. well not sure about faster. Does he have the feet toes Toomer has for the sidelines? Plax is soposed to be our game breaker,hard to do that all year on a bad wheel. but hell Stallworth and a healthy Plax next year...... HMMMM that may not be to bad .

Bradshaw another reason Coughlin has to go all year that kid could of been returning kick offs how many did he almost break lastnight? Coughlin did it to Ponder and he almost did it to Bradshaw . Bradshaw should be brought into the Rb situation more and more little bit by little bit.

oh and we have to bring Ward back ...... Injury prone well hell cut Shockey too then <_<

Never said you did, but I know others are thinking it.

What do you think a team would give up for a declining WR who can't catch the ball anymore? I'd rather cut him and get more cap space then trade him for a 6th round pick with cap complications.

Stallworth ran the fastest 40 in the past ten years or something at the combine. He is definitely faster than Toomer. Hee comes with drops and a little inconsistency, but he's a player that could help us avoid relying on 12 play drives to get in the red zone.

Last I checked Plax was healthy the past two years and wasnt that much of a gamebreaker. What's so useful with him is his strength is the medium routes but he is definitely capable of running deep. Just not that much.

Ward is an FA, never played a full month in his career, and in two games I saw him dying in the 4th quarter in games he started. Redskins game and Bears game. There are plenty of Derrick Ward's available, and ones that can stay healthy.

I want to put my take on this team. As far as personnel wise, this team is not that bad. There is a lot to like about the Giants personnel wise. There is not a lot to like about the coaching staff. A lot is being made about injuries and injury prone players. First, every team battles the injury bug. Firing the strength and conditioning coach is not going to solve anything. We will still have injuries no matter who is in that spot, and some of them will be the same players. To me, the S+C coach is doing his job. If he wasn't, we would be man-handled at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that is not happening. More often, we are the stronger team in this area.

And that leads me to the first point where I think we have a strength, the offensive and defensive lines. Obviously, on the defensive side, we probably have the best front in the NFL when you factor in Tuck with Strahan and Umenyiora with Robbins and Cofield. On the offensive side, you have one of the top RTs in the game with McKenzie, Deihl has been strong at LT, Chris Snee was voted a 2nd alternate to the pro bowl, O'hara is an underappreciated center, and Rich Seubert rounds out a more than just solid unit. This I believe, when you build a football team, is where you start.

At running back we are strong as long as Jacobs is healthy, and obviously we need to see more of Bradshaw.

WR is where we have a little bit of a problem, though. Plaxico is fantastic but hurting. We need to get him healthy. Beyond him, the cupboard doesn't look good. Amani while he still has great hands, is no longer a downfield threat. His one-dimensional nature of being just a possession receiver now to me means he should no longer be a starter. Sinorice Moss is fast and shifty, but is only 5'-8". Steve Smith is similarly undersized at 5'11" but is intriguing. Next year the Giants should look for a bigger WR to complement Burress who can also stretch the field. Colts have Anthony Gonzalez, 'Boys have Crayton. We need someone similar. Time to say goodbye to Toomer.

And to Jeremy Shockey. He's been too injury prone (although this last one isn't his fault), and his dropped passes and penalties have hurt the Giants as much as he's helped. I really like him but the quality at the TE position around the league at the TE position has caught to him. Heck, he's only the 3rd best TE in our DIVISION (Witten, Cooley). I know some Giants' fans will kill me for saying that but it's called being real and not a homer. Watch games other than Giants' games once in a while, its true. Besides, Gilbride, Manning, or both have no idea how to use him anyway. I feel comfortable with Boss and using the discount on upgrading the receiver position opposite Burress. This team needs to be more dangerous. The only player we have that scares people is Burress and he's been playing at something like 70%.

We're not getting enough from Eli. His decision-making has been suspect and his passes have largely been inaccurate and just not sharp. Hell, I watch other back-up QB's deliver the ball sharply with tighter spirals and with more confidence than Eli. Every week he's being outplayed. Our defense has kept us in these games, otherwise, the 3 and outs would really be hurting us and we'd be getting blown out. The Giants need to use a mid-round draft pick on a developmental QB to succeed Eli. Schaub was drafted in the 5th round I believe, we all know Brady's story so it can be done. The fact of the matter is that at some point we may have to give up on the dream that Eli is going to be a star QB.

Back to the defense, I love Mathias Kiwanuka. We are a much better defense when he is healthy. Mitchell has been great. We need to look for another LB to replace him though, because he isn't a spring chicken. Pierce I think has had a down year but I still like him. Can't wait to see what Kiwi can do over a full 16 games.

And the secondary is the last area of concern. Madison is just ok and he needs to be better than just ok to go against other teams' #1's. I'm jealous of teams that have a true shutdown corner. I would love for the Giants to have a Champ Bailey or Marcus Trufant. I was jealous of the Jets when they drafted Revis. This is where I think the Giants should use their #1 pick if a true shutdown corner is available. I believe they finally drafted a good one for the other side when they got Ross. Webster looks like another in a line of disappointing high CB draft picks along with Allen and Peterson. The safety position is pretty good when healthy.

Overall, a lot to like about the Giants, but they are being held back by being truly one of the great teams in the NFL because of Gilbride, Eli, lack of quality depth at WR, secondary coverage issues, and Coughlin, in that order. Thoughts?

This team needs to be more dangerous. The only player we have that scares people is Burress and he's been playing at something like 70%.

We're not getting enough from Eli. His decision-making has been suspect and his passes have largely been inaccurate and just not sharp. Hell, I watch other back-up QB's deliver the ball sharply with tighter spirals and with more confidence than Eli. Every week he's being outplayed. Our defense has kept us in these games, otherwise, the 3 and outs would really be hurting us and we'd be getting blown out. The Giants need to use a mid-round draft pick on a developmental QB to succeed Eli. Schaub was drafted in the 5th round I believe, we all know Brady's story so it can be done.

Overall, a lot to like about the Giants, but they are being held back by being truly one of the great teams in the NFL because of Gilbride, Eli, lack of quality depth at WR, secondary coverage issues, and Coughlin, in that order. Thoughts?

I agree. And everyone here basically says (or agrees on) the same things.

I believe that once Bradshaw is 'let loose' by this (or another) coaching staff. He could be the NEXT weapon on offense that scares people a la Dave Meggett.