SportsWrath

Playcalling

gateb

I can't take it anymore.

I really can't.

Second and one passes, third and one stuffed runs. It's so predictable!

And then when Eli throws an incompletion on 2nd and 1 at midfield down 13-0, the next play is a 30 yard pass to Burress!!

I couldn't tell you how many times Burress took himself out of the play by running flies or posts, why can't we send him on intermediate routes?

I didn't think this level of stupid was possible.

Just imagine....I started watching the Giants in 68'......13 long years before the Million Dollar Nose (Joe Danelo) finally got one through the uprights against the Broke Backs in '81 and then sweating out two other NFC losses so they could get in. There were only two Wild Cards back then. :P

In a cold, windy typical Meadowlands evening game where our halfback is picking up yards and our backup showed promise on one run what do the Giants do? Why they pass of course, and plenty of it at that!

The minute I saw Bradshaw run...I said "watch and you won't see him until the next Kick OFF". :brooding:

thank your stars you weren't around for the 70's, b...

LOL...that is so true....in addition to some really boss uniforms...they got to play in New Haven...Oh and other then Bob Tucker and one good year out of Norm Snead and Ron Johnson...they truly sucked.

Though...the 62 to 21 beating they put on the Eagles at Yankee is still one of my favorite games ever.

C. Wagon.

LOL...that is so true....in addition to some really boss uniforms...they got to play in New Haven...Oh and other then Bob Tucker and one good year out of Norm Snead and Ron Johnson...they truly sucked.

Though...the 62 to 21 beating they put on the Eagles at Yankee is still one of my favorite games ever.

C. Wagon.

I forgot all about that particular game. Would love to see a repeat of that one if we were to A) make the playoffs and B) win against our 2nd round opponent and then C) play against the Broke Backs in the second round where we would pulverize them to that extent.

I forgot all about that particular game. Would love to see a repeat of that one if we were to A) make the playoffs and B) win against our 2nd round opponent and then C) play against the Broke Backs in the second round where we would pulverize them to that extent.

I think it was 72....I'd love to get the NFL Films episode of it...Rocky Thompson ran back two kick offs....Bob Tucker scored on a TE around......are you fucking kidding me!

It was beautiful. They weren't even looking to run up the score...everything they did...just worked.

C. Wagon

I think it was 72....I'd love to get the NFL Films episode of it...Rocky Thompson ran back two kick offs....Bob Tucker scored on a TE around......are you fucking kidding me!

It was beautiful. They weren't even looking to run up the score...everything they did...just worked.

C. Wagon

I had a supervisor in a job I had...oh 15 or so years ago and he had actual game films of a lot of those historic Giants moments. When I last had contact with him...he was looking for a video technician to transfer some of the best ones to videotape (including The Fumble game with Herm Edwards running it back). He did let me borrow videotapes of the 86' and 90' playoff runs. I was only able to watch the 90's games....but it was awesome watching Matt Bahr kill the "Threepeat" wishes of the 69'ers. That is my all time favorite Giants game. Followed by the destruction of the same 69'ers in the 86 playoffs. :)

C. Wagon.

I remember last year i was in a bar when the Giants came back from 21 down in the 2nd half and the announcer said the last time the giants came back from this deficit ....

and i said "1970 Redskins- fran tarkenton" everyone looked at me like i was crazy.

I remember last year i was in a bar when the Giants came back from 21 down in the 2nd half and the announcer said the last time the giants came back from this deficit ....

and i said "1970 Redskins- fran tarkenton" everyone looked at me like i was crazy.

Correction...."Old and Crazy".....Eventually we all turn into "that guy". LOL.

TCB...I've looked and looked for film of that game (sort of my holy graile) ....no joy.

C. Wagon

I had a supervisor in a job I had...oh 15 or so years ago and he had actual game films of a lot of those historic Giants moments. When I last had contact with him...he was looking for a video technician to transfer some of the best ones to videotape (including The Fumble game with Herm Edwards running it back). He did let me borrow videotapes of the 86' and 90' playoff runs. I was only able to watch the 90's games....but it was awesome watching Matt Bahr kill the "Threepeat" wishes of the 69'ers. That is my all time favorite Giants game. Followed by the destruction of the same 69'ers in the 86 playoffs. :)

I had the pleasure of having 15 or so 49er fans in my house for that game- strangely, none of them stayed for coffee. :P

I had the pleasure of having 15 or so 49er fans in my house for that game- strangely, none of them stayed for coffee. :P

Might have been a slight uptick in calls to the suicide prevention hotlines in the San Fran/Oakland area that day. Roger Craig must have been as popular as O.J. later became driving down the highway with a gun to his head. :) Usually I am a good sport....but on that day I was watching it with my next door neighbor...who like Jim Burt was born a Giant and later betrayed the cause and became a 69'er fan. All that day he was trying to be nice....implying that the Giants had no chance....but hey they would be part of history. I kept going ummmhmmm. Now of all of the NFC teams that played the 69'ers during that era, the Giants always came to kick ass and take names. So I knew we had more than a puncher's chance. Lo and Behold...when the Giant of Old Pat Summerall announced that there will be no ThreePeat...no ThreePeat. I looked at my friend and said "Too bad oh so sad". Funny he did not talk to me for a month. :rolleyes: