SportsWrath

Mets look to young in right field next year!

Allstarjim

Moreover, Minaya said Monday, "We're probably going young in right field," next year, meaning the club is inclined to play either Gomez or Milledge in right or create some time-share situation involving one or both and incumbent reserve Endy Chavez.

Finally, a chance for Milledge. I think with Lastings playing everyday, he can produce big numbers. I think he has the power to hit 30 homeruns. I hope I'm not being a homer, but I see the potential for a 30-30 season, and with his history, about a .280 to .295 avg. He needs to outright win the job in spring training. He certainly will be a big upgrade over Shawn Green. I've always been a Lastings fan, and now it looks like he will finally get the chance. The Mets never seem to trust their young stud prospects with starting positions, but because of all the other needs, and with the free agent crop being lackluster, I think their hand is forced this time. But they will see that Lastings belongs!

Of course, this is all pending any potential trades for starting pitching that may occur.

Link

Finally, a chance for Milledge. I think with Lastings playing everyday, he can produce big numbers. I think he has the power to hit 30 homeruns. I hope I'm not being a homer, but I see the potential for a 30-30 season, and with his history, about a .280 to .295 avg. He needs to outright win the job in spring training. He certainly will be a big upgrade over Shawn Green. I've always been a Lastings fan, and now it looks like he will finally get the chance. The Mets never seem to trust their young stud prospects with starting positions, but because of all the other needs, and with the free agent crop being lackluster, I think their hand is forced this time. But they will see that Lastings belongs!

Of course, this is all pending any potential trades for starting pitching that may occur.

Link

Too bad the Mets brass doesn't like him very much, but he does have alot of talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Link

NEVER F@CKING MIND!!! :furious::furious::furious::TD::cwy: