SportsWrath

Packers/Saints - Any concerns?

ksm7

OK - so the Dog recognizes that with good reason, the focus in the NFC appears to be squarely on the cowboys and the giants...admittingly the Dog was the first to think that the Packers might have folded by now, but yet here they stand...and the Saints are starting to get a tad exciting again...while many would say that this week's winner of the giants-cowboys game is in the proverbial driver's seat, do either the packers or the now extremely hot saints cause for concern with any of you?

Packers defense is REAL tough. So long as Brett keeps the INTs down they are a threat.

Saints I am not convinced about yet. Their defense is suspect while I am not convinced Bush is an every down back.

The Dog was impressed at the saints efforts against a tough jaguar defense...agreed about Bush...the packers seem to be one of those lingering teams that are going to be nagging, but still not sure they can make a run at the bowl...but then again, in the NFC, anything is possible...

I think Detroit take the division with Green Bay taking a wild card.

The Dog would agree, except that cursed favre seems to want to make the Dog frustrated this year...the Lions may be a more complete team (and possibly more complete than any team in the NFC), and are highly underated right now - probably because of their history...

The Dog would agree, except that cursed favre seems to want to make the Dog frustrated this year...the Lions may be a more complete team (and possibly more complete than any team in the NFC), and are highly underated right now - probably because of their history...

Could we be getting closer to solving the mystery of which team you cheer for?

I don't think we can leave Washington out of the conversation at this stage either. There is a chance, slim though it may be, that both wildcards end up in the NFC East this year.

Could we be getting closer to solving the mystery of which team you cheer for?

I don't think we can leave Washington out of the conversation at this stage either. There is a chance, slim though it may be, that both wildcards end up in the NFC East this year.

The Dog isn't all that impressed by the reskins - prediction that they will end up 500...if the playoffs started today, the Dog would not want to face the Saints...

The Packers beat us once already, but admittedly, I think we're a different team now. But they match us where we're strong (tough D) and beat us where we're weak (clutch QB, until Favre has a game where he plays like the Brett Favre of the last 4 years or so). They worry me.

The Saints still seem a little iffy... can't put my finger on it. I think they would probably beat us, but it would be a boom-or-bust type of game... either we'd get killed or we'd absolutely crush 'em.

I don't believe in the Lions at all, despite their record. Mike Martz will get a big head at some point and cost his team at least two games running reverses at the goal line, and c'mon... Jon Kitna?

And we're losing to Dallas this week on our way to an 8-8 season... this has 2006 written all over it.

The Packers beat us once already, but admittedly, I think we're a different team now. But they match us where we're strong (tough D) and beat us where we're weak (clutch QB, until Favre has a game where he plays like the Brett Favre of the last 4 years or so). They worry me.

The Saints still seem a little iffy... can't put my finger on it. I think they would probably beat us, but it would be a boom-or-bust type of game... either we'd get killed or we'd absolutely crush 'em.

I don't believe in the Lions at all, despite their record. Mike Martz will get a big head at some point and cost his team at least two games running reverses at the goal line, and c'mon... Jon Kitna?

And we're losing to Dallas this week on our way to an 8-8 season... this has 2006 written all over it.

Always the pescimist.

Hard to believe for many, but Kitna is not a bad quarterback...the Dog was reading how the Lions players love to play for him, and he apparently has all the tools needed to be a leader that players love...and as history proves, you don't need a top of the line QB to go to, or win a Super Bowl...not that the Dog thinks the Lions are Super Bowl bound, but stranger things have happened...

Always the pescimist.

Maybe, but watch... we'll be 6-5 in three weeks.

This Giants team:

1. Buys into it's own hype.

2. Has shitty leadership.

3. Has a QB who sucks in the second half of every year.

4. Collapses like no team before or since can collapse (Jacksonville and Tennessee, anyone?)

These guys have done this shit to ALL of us in recent years; they're guilty until proven innocent.

8-8... just watch.

Maybe, but watch... we'll be 6-5 in three weeks.

This Giants team:

1. Buys into it's own hype.

2. Has shitty leadership.

3. Has a QB who sucks in the second half of every year.

4. Collapses like no team before or since can collapse (Jacksonville and Tennessee, anyone?)

These guys have done this shit to ALL of us in recent years; they're guilty until proven innocent.

8-8... just watch.

Geez, step away from the knife Seph. :huh:

We don't have half the starters out yet. This isn't last year.