SportsWrath

Is Mattingly a lock?

fringe

Are they really going to hire a guy with no managerial experience to run the rebuilding ( ;) ) effort?

Or will they bring back Girardi?

or will it be LaRussa?- (longshot- have to move the Yankees to the west coast and allow dogs on the field. also, make room in the locker room for his ego)

or someone else?

Any thoughts who will be the manager for the last season in Yankee Stadium?

Are they really going to hire a guy with no managerial experience to run the rebuilding ( ;) ) effort?

Or will they bring back Girardi?

or will it be LaRussa?- (longshot- have to move the Yankees to the west coast and allow dogs on the field. also, make room in the locker room for his ego)

or someone else?

Any thoughts who will be the manager for the last season in Yankee Stadium?

Joe Torre.

I agree with the quadruple F. Torre will be back and will retire on his own terms.

I think they would have pulled the trigger already. His players had nothing but love for him after the game, and when Jeter has your back, it goes a long way in that franchise.

People are saying the team needs a new direction. I think they just need new players. They got away from their winning formula of the late 90s and fell in love with the superstars.

He's been there 12 years, and while the players change, they always win. It's got to be Torre!

First off, I think if Torre retires on his own terms it will be this off season being his contract is up. I dont think Mattingly is a lock and I think Girardi is out of the question both due to lack of managerial experience.

And bank on this...if they go and Hire LaRussa my die-hard'ness will be tested huge. I cannot stand LaRussa, he is a horrible choice and will piss the media off. The only bright spot with him being the manager is him bringing over Dave Duncan as the pitching coach.

you make a good point, dub. duncan could be the manager for these guys. the hitters don't need managing. better to get someone who knows pitching.

why do you dismiss girardi? most of the current crop of successful managers are ex-catchers.

you make a good point, dub. duncan could be the manager for these guys. the hitters don't need managing. better to get someone who knows pitching.

why do you dismiss girardi? most of the current crop of successful managers are ex-catchers.

I dont know for a fact that Giraridi is out of the hunt, but I think Georgie wants someone with an impressive resume...plus LaRussa is supposedly a good buddy of his. I want Girardi to be the manager, but I guess we'll see.

I think they would have pulled the trigger already. His players had nothing but love for him after the game, and when Jeter has your back, it goes a long way in that franchise.

People are saying the team needs a new direction. I think they just need new players. They got away from their winning formula of the late 90s and fell in love with the superstars.

He's been there 12 years, and while the players change, they always win. It's got to be Torre!

As usual, and as he did in the 2004 ALDS against Boston, Torre blew it with the rotation. Wang is lousy on the road, but near great at home. So why start him in Cleveland? Hughes was our best pitcher down the stretch, and where did he go? In the damned bullpen.

Torre is an underachiever. He was with the Mets, and he was with us. He's gotta go!

If the yanks can go to the far east and bring back bobby v id be very happy. he'd be my number one priority for manager.

This would be a good choice if you are looking for the anti Torre. A manager with a huge ego, always ready to make it about him and a man in the past who has proven he hates when the players get more credit than him. Great choice if you ask me.

I dont know for a fact that Giraridi is out of the hunt, but I think Georgie wants someone with an impressive resume...plus LaRussa is supposedly a good buddy of his. I want Girardi to be the manager, but I guess we'll see.

Didn't Girardi win Manager of the Year coaching the Marlins? I believe he and the owner got into a squabble and he was gone.

Didn't Girardi win Manager of the Year coaching the Marlins? I believe he and the owner got into a squabble and he was gone.

yes, but that was with a relatively young team of nobodies. there is question on how his style plays with a vet team.