SportsWrath

Heres to the arm pit of America

so-cal dub

Thanks for the bugs!

oh, and a BIG fuck you to Yankees dominant offense. Yeah, whatever!

What a fucking joke. I am now understanding people who say we are a joke.

No one else seemed to be bothered by them. Both teams had to deal with it.

The Yankees were fortunate the Native Americans didn't score alot more than 2 runs. How many runners did they leave on base throughout the game? The Yankee offense has disappeared.

Thanks for the bugs!

oh, and a BIG fuck you to Yankees dominant offense. Yeah, whatever!

What a fucking joke. I am now understanding people who say we are a joke.

Your team is not a joke. They led the AL in every offenive category. As we all know in the playoffs good pitching will normally beat good hitting. They are certainly not out of this and I think they have the pitching matchups the next 2 days. My guess is this thing gets back to Cleveland for a game 5.

The Yankees were fortunate the Native Americans didn't score alot more than 2 runs.

..I don't think It was fortunate, cause Pettitte was pitchin' his ass off. He left it all on the mound, and his teamates left him hangin' out to dry. I thought I would be more upset, but I've seen this too many times from the Yankees. We take three straight and all is well. If not, I can take solace in knowing that our elimination (if it happens) was not a Historical one.....

..I don't think It was fortunate, cause Pettitte was pitchin' his ass off. He left it all on the mound, and his teamates left him hangin' out to dry. I thought I would be more upset, but I've seen this too many times from the Yankees. We take three straight and all is well. If not, I can take solace in knowing that our elimination (if it happens) was not a Historical one.....

Historic or not, elimination is elimination, and it all feels the same......

Historical eliminations in the post season are pretty much defined by one year, thus you are correct it is not historical.

Was it me, or did it look like Carmona was eating the bugs in the top of the 9th inning?

I have a feeling he's dealt with bugs before in Puerto Rico. Same with Perez. The advantage of having pitchers from poor spanish countries.

As Pat Riley said, nothing really happens in a playoff series until someone loses at home. i'm surprised everyone is writing of the yanks and cubs already. considering what the yanks did to the A's (twice, wasn't it?) this series is just getting started.

As Pat Riley said, nothing really happens in a playoff series until someone loses at home. i'm surprised everyone is writing of the yanks and cubs already. considering what the yanks did to the A's (twice, wasn't it?) this series is just getting started.

I remember Riley saying that. I think it was right after his team dropped the first two on the road. :)

Seriously, though, the only argument I might have with that is that home field advantage seems to matter less in baseball than other sports. That's not to say the Yanks don't have a chance. They just have a very tough road ahead of them. I do think one win can still get them right back in it. It would be interesting to see if both teams, who currently have Wang and Sabathia scheduled to pitch the 5th game, would go with Pettite and Carmona instead. I probably would if I were them (even more so if I were the Yankees). That could damage the psyche of your #1 guy, though.