SportsWrath

Good Luck Yankees Fans

xxi-xxv

I remember many of you last year coming to the Mets section to wish them good luck in their NLCS series against the Cards, even after a bitter loss to the Tigers for the Yanks. Well today is my day to repay the favor. Here is to an enjoyable post season and in all your cases a 27th World Championship. Good Luck and enjoy.

I remember many of you last year coming to the Mets section to wish them good luck in their NLCS series against the Cards, even after a bitter loss to the Tigers for the Yanks. Well today is my day to repay the favor. Here is to an enjoyable post season and in all your cases a 27th World Championship. Good Luck and enjoy.

You're a Met fan, and you're telling Yankee fans you hope they win another championship? No offense, but that's weak. You guys should just stay silent for the postseason.

You're a Met fan, and you're telling Yankee fans you hope they win another championship? No offense, but that's weak. You guys should just stay silent for the postseason.

Did I say I hope? I said "in their cases". Some of these guys were quite genuine last year when the Yankees were out and wished the Mets luck. Thats all, I could care less who wins(at this moment I would not mind seeing a Red Sox collapse).

Well duh, or you wouldnt admit to being a Mets fan :P

Proud of it. I could have just jumped on the bandwagon like most Yankee fans I know who know less about their history than I do, but I am a stand up guy and stand behind my team through thick and thin. I still believe our time is coming. We just got sidetracked a little.

Now shut your yap and watch as your Nazis in the Bronx choke away another postseason.

Proud of it. I could have just jumped on the bandwagon like most Yankee fans I know who know less about their history than I do, but I am a stand up guy and stand behind my team through thick and thin. I still believe our time is coming. We just got sidetracked a little.

Interesting, I was watching the Phillies fans enjoy their post season run a few minutes ago. They really get behind their team unlike the Mets fans who think something is being done to them when their team doesnt win. You have any idea ho many golden Phillies teams have gone bust? :)

I didn't realize you got to set the bar on what constitutes a fan. That would make for a frightening world; if it were true. :P

The Mets are actually a little more than sidetracked. The entire pitching staff is a trainwreck and half of your position players are geriatric while the rest of them are brats. I wish your time were coming, It should be Yankees Mets in the WS every year. Or Red Sox - Mets; with the Red Sox losing. ;)

What would be weak is someone like you successfully telling anyone else what to do. Man's an American and pays his taxes, he can do whatever he likes. Where do bullies like you come from?

:lol:

I'm just busting balls. I just don't want anybody throwing any positive karma their way.

I see, and in your case(if you wished the Mets well in 06) then good luck to the Sox too. Tasting post season baseball last year and playing 155 games this year where I thought it was a given that the Mets make it has made me appreciate it even more.

Interesting, I was watching the Phillies fans enjoy their post season run a few minutes ago. They really get behind their team unlike the Mets fans who think something is being done to them when their team doesnt win. You have any idea ho many golden Phillies teams have gone bust? :)

I didn't realize you got to set the bar on what constitutes a fan. That would make for a frightening world; if it were true. :P

The Mets are actually a little more than sidetracked. The entire pitching staff is a trainwreck and half of your position players are geriatric while the rest of them are brats. I wish your time were coming, It should be Yankees Mets in the WS every year. Or Red Sox - Mets; with the Red Sox losing. ;)

I fail to see what the Phillies or their fans have to do with anything I said, but at least you are consistent in your jumping from topic to topic while not making much sense through it all.

The Mets set a franchise record for attendance this year. Does that qualify as getting behind your team?

Let me guess, you were one of those "fans" booing A-Rod the last 3 years, but now you would jump at the chance to "get behind him" (literally, perhaps?), right? ;)

Now shut your yap and watch as your Nazis in the Bronx choke away another postseason.

Thats So called "Yankee fans" in az. Im sick of seeing pink Yankee hats that match thier pink sneakers. <_<

I fail to see what the Phillies or their fans have to do with anything I said, but at least you are consistent in your jumping from topic to topic while not making much sense through it all.

The Mets set a franchise record for attendance this year. Does that qualify as getting behind your team?

Let me guess, you were one of those "fans" booing A-Rod the last 3 years, but now you would jump at the chance to "get behind him" (literally, perhaps?), right? ;)

It makes perfect sense to those logical and objective enough to absorb it. The Mets fan base has a large number of fair weather fans. Most of their associations seem to surround being anti-Yankee. The Phillies have disappointed their fans for a long time and still the city gets behind the team. If you cant understand why this makes some Met fans look badly...

Franchise records for attendance in NYC dont impress me bc a lot of people with money just want to spend it on anything to do. NYC is a very oversubscribed area which is why you will find a lot of people at Yankees games who dont know whats going on, a lot of real Yankee fans cant afford the tix; same with Rangers etc...

You can guess but that's all it would be. Perhaps you make a meager living predicting things about people without any facts or observations but I cant say you've come remotely close to the truth here. Perhaps you should stick to 20/20 hindsight, always safer. ;)

It makes perfect sense to those logical and objective enough to absorb it. The Mets fan base has a large number of fair weather fans. Most of their associations seem to surround being anti-Yankee. The Phillies have disappointed their fans for a long time and still the city gets behind the team. If you cant understand why this makes some Met fans look badly...

Franchise records for attendance in NYC dont impress me bc a lot of people with money just want to spend it on anything to do. NYC is a very oversubscribed area which is why you will find a lot of people at Yankees games who dont know whats going on, a lot of real Yankee fans cant afford the tix; same with Rangers etc...

You can guess but that's all it would be. Perhaps you make a meager living predicting things about people without any facts or observations but I cant say you've come remotely close to the truth here. Perhaps you should stick to 20/20 hindsight, always safer. ;)

Isn't that what you are doing by saying Met fans don't get behind their team. Do you know EVERY Met fan that well? Once again, you have stuck your own foot in your mouth. You must like the taste, huh?

And please tell me the Yankee fan base doesn't have an extremely large amount of fair weather fans or add ons who don't know very much about the team but will swear they love the Yankees. Oh, please say it.

As far as Philly goes, they have never been known to get behind their Phillies. Of course they will now, they are in the playoffs, but everyone knows that Philly's team is the Eagles, and even they get treated horribly when they are losing. Maybe you are thinking about another team that wears red, the Cardinals. I hear they have what some people call the best baseball fans in the country. No one has EVER said that about Phillie fans. Being a Giant fan, I'd expect you to know a thing or two about Philadelphian's reputations as sports fans. But I guess when you have no real point and argue for the sake of arguing, you throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks. This time, it didn't.

Isn't that what you are doing by saying Met fans don't get behind their team. Do you know EVERY Met fan that well? Once again, you have stuck your own foot in your mouth. You must like the taste, huh?

And please tell me the Yankee fan base doesn't have an extremely large amount of fair weather fans or add ons who don't know very much about the team but will swear they love the Yankees. Oh, please say it.

As far as Philly goes, they have never been known to get behind their Phillies. Of course they will now, they are in the playoffs, but everyone knows that Philly's team is the Eagles, and even they get treated horribly when they are losing. Maybe you are thinking about another team that wears red, the Cardinals. I hear they have what some people call the best baseball fans in the country. No one has EVER said that about Phillie fans. Being a Giant fan, I'd expect you to know a thing or two about Philadelphian's reputations as sports fans. But I guess when you have no real point and argue for the sake of arguing, you throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks. This time, it didn't.

I dont know every Met fan any more than you know every Yankee or Philly fan. I did see the Mets fan base very quiet during important games when the team was behind. The Phillies fans seem to be enjoying themselves more. I think the point is clear. if you find it convenient to pretend that it isnt, what can I say?

By your own admission, we can't all know every fan but you can state that Philly fans are notorious for their lack of support?

I was speaking about fans, not bandwagon fans which I would imagine every team can produce but actual fans. Whether the Yankees have a lot of bandwagon fans is irrelevant because they have the largest fan base in the country and they dont seem to act the same way the Mets fans do. They dont always act better but they do always display more energy. That would suggest whomever is going to each stadium, fan or no, plugs into a different cultural atmosphere.

I dont know every Met fan any more than you know every Yankee or Philly fan. I did see the Mets fan base very quiet during important games when the team was behind. The Phillies fans seem to be enjoying themselves more. I think the point is clear. if you find it convenient to pretend that it isnt, what can I say?

By your own admission, we can't all know every fan but you can state that Philly fans are notorious for their lack of support?

I was speaking about fans, not bandwagon fans which I would imagine every team can produce but actual fans. Whether the Yankees have a lot of bandwagon fans is irrelevant because they have the largest fan base in the country and they dont seem to act the same way the Mets fans do. They dont always act better but they do always display more energy. That would suggest whomever is going to each stadium, fan or no, plugs into a different cultural atmosphere.

I guess you've never been to Shea during an important game. And I'm sorry, but EVERY stadium is quiet when the home team is down. If you are saying it doesn't happen in Yankee Stadium when the Yanks are getting shelled, well, you're just not being very honest, or objective.

Of course Philly fans were enjoying themselves recently, they went on an historic run to win the division and seemed to never lose in the last 2 weeks of the season. Were they as riled up as they were on their way to losing 10-5 the other day ? Nope. It's human nature, and all fans succumb to it, even Yankke fans. *GASP!!*