SportsWrath

Good Luck Yankees Fans

xxi-xxv

I almost think that the Met fans last week felt it all just slipping away. Last Saturday they got back into it and were ready for Sunday and Glavine just sucked the life out of them. After LoDucas ground out with the bases loaded in the 3rd the crowd settled into the fact that the season was rsigned to watching the scoreboard for 2 hours. I liken it to what happened in game 7 04 vs the SOX, when Damon hit that grand slam. I was at the game and we did not get there until the 3rd inning. Place was like a morgue.

As for generalizing fans, I cannoy say what Philly fans or Yankee fans or Met fans do. I do not know how each of them act. I can say though that last week Citizens Back Ballpark looked like a wedding, while Shea looked like a funeral. In all honesty I cannot blame the fans for behaving how they did at either park.

I almost think that the Met fans last week felt it all just slipping away. Last Saturday they got back into it and were ready for Sunday and Glavine just sucked the life out of them. After LoDucas ground out with the bases loaded in the 3rd the crowd settled into the fact that the season was rsigned to watching the scoreboard for 2 hours. I liken it to what happened in game 7 04 vs the SOX, when Damon hit that grand slam. I was at the game and we did not get there until the 3rd inning. Place was like a morgue.

As for generalizing fans, I cannoy say what Philly fans or Yankee fans or Met fans do. I do not know how each of them act. I can say though that last week Citizens Back Ballpark looked like a wedding, while Shea looked like a funeral. In all honesty I cannot blame the fans for behaving how they did at either park.

IMPOSSIBLE !!!! Are you sure you were at Yankee Stadium??!! :rolleyes:

I guess you've never been to Shea during an important game. And I'm sorry, but EVERY stadium is quiet when the home team is down. If you are saying it doesn't happen in Yankee Stadium when the Yanks are getting shelled, well, you're just not being very honest, or objective.

Of course Philly fans were enjoying themselves recently, they went on an historic run to win the division and seemed to never lose in the last 2 weeks of the season. Were they as riled up as they were on their way to losing 10-5 the other day ? Nope. It's human nature, and all fans succumb to it, even Yankke fans. *GASP!!*

Your first paragraph isn't relevant to what I am talking about. I am relating facts. The facts everyone saw over the last month of the regular season. The second part of your first paragraph appears to be either an accusation or some sort of conversation you imagine having had with me but which never took place. Either way, I cannot take responsibility for the voices you hear, I can only discuss or support the statements I actually make. And about questioning my honesty or my objectivity as a way to solidify statements it appears you are trying to attribute to me, tsk tsk, that's unworthy even from someone I admit I know little about.

In the second para., I never suggested Philly fans weren't "riled up", quite the opposite, they were in ecstasy. They seemed happy that the team even made the playoffs, whereas now, somehow, Mets fans believe a WS is their birthright? A few years ago, the Mets were so awful, they were done by mid July. At least Mets fans got to enjoy an entertaining and relatively meaningful season...the ones who weren't in agony that they weren't going to win the WS, that is.

Your first paragraph isn't relevant to what I am talking about. I am relating facts. The facts everyone saw over the last month of the regular season. The second part of your first paragraph appears to be either an accusation or some sort of conversation you imagine having had with me but which never took place. Either way, I cannot take responsibility for the voices you hear, I can only discuss or support the statements I actually make. And about questioning my honesty or my objectivity as a way to solidify statements it appears you are trying to attribute to me, tsk tsk, that's unworthy even from someone I admit I know little about.

In the second para., I never suggested Philly fans weren't "riled up", quite the opposite, they were in ecstasy. They seemed happy that the team even made the playoffs, whereas now, somehow, Mets fans believe a WS is their birthright? A few years ago, the Mets were so awful, they were done by mid July. At least Mets fans got to enjoy an entertaining and relatively meaningful season...the ones who weren't in agony that they weren't going to win the WS, that is.

As usual, you sidestep the point and personalize this by trying to take cheap shots at me. That's pretty weak.

Anyway, the point was that ALL fans behave the same way. If the Mets were winning 13 out of 16 to finish the season, they would have been ecstatic also. If the Phils were losing 12 of 17, that team would have been booed mercilessly on every out. I don't understand what is so hard to understand here. The fact that Philly fans were on cloud 9 does not make Met fans look bad. Would you go to Yankee Stadium and cheer when your team gives up a 5-0 lead in the late innings, let alone a 7 game lead in the standings in the final two weeks?

There is nothing entertaining about losing first place after being there for almost 4 months. Who are you kidding?

I will end this by saying this beating of a dead horse will get us nowhere, so I'm done. You win. Enjoy tonight's game. The Rocket should give you guys a chance. :TU:

Why is this FFFF guy spamming our Yanks section? Has anyone of us Yank fans went into the Mets section and spewed about crap about them when they blew it? I didnt think so. Do us a favor FFFF, beat it.

You're right, that NEVER happens.

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=17045

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=17984

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=17960

And for the record, I'm not "spamming". Please tell what crap I have spewed. How come you never point out the times in which I've been pro-Yankee? Like before Game 2 when I said Pettitte would get it done, or when I applauded the Yanks for climbing back from obscurity to threaten the Sox for the division... I think it was YOU who posted a mock magazine cover somewhere in the Mets section, telling Met fans we "had to laugh" after our season ended. Is that "spamming"? ? ? ?

Stop being a whiny little bitch.

You're right, that NEVER happens.

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=17045

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=17984

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=17960

And for the record, I'm not "spamming". Please tell what crap I have spewed. How come you never point out the times in which I've been pro-Yankee? Like before Game 2 when I said Pettitte would get it done, or when I applauded the Yanks for climbing back from obscurity to threaten the Sox for the division... I think it was YOU who posted a mock magazine cover somewhere in the Mets section, telling Met fans we "had to laugh" after our season ended. Is that "spamming"? ? ? ?

Stop being a whiny little bitch.

Ok, let me rephrase then... Has anyone of the Mets fans besides your pathetic ass came here pulled this shit? You shut the fuck up and quit being a bitch period.

Ok, let me rephrase then... Has anyone of the Mets fans besides your pathetic ass came here pulled this shit? You shut the fuck up and quit being a bitch period.

I'm not the one whining about things said on a message board that are pretty much irrelevant in all our lives (for those of us who have one). :baby:

Now that's pathetic, as is your hostility from behind a monitor. Something tells me you are nothing but a punk bitch in the real world, but I might be wrong.

Anyway, I hold no grudges, and I hope Santa brings you all the toys you ask him for.

I'm not the one whining about things said on a message board that are pretty much irrelevant in all our lives (for those of us who have one). :baby:

Now that's pathetic, as is your hostility from behind a monitor. Something tells me you are nothing but a punk bitch in the real world, but I might be wrong.

Anyway, I hold no grudges, and I hope Santa brings you all the toys you ask him for.

Right, and I can see you sitting behind the monitor with a melted Kit-Kat on your face screaming for mommy to bring you a Jolt Cola. So I ask, how old are you? I bet you're at that age when most kids go outside and hang with their real life friends but you are grossly overweight and people throw things at you instead.

Right, and I can see you sitting behind the monitor with a melted Kit-Kat on your face screaming for mommy to bring you a Jolt Cola. So I ask, how old are you? I bet you're at that age when most kids go outside and hang with their real life friends but you are grossly overweight and people throw things at you instead.

I like cold Kit-Kats, and have never heard of Jolt Cola. That must be a West Coast thing.

And you are a little off about my age and weight, but I do not discuss my personal life with people I can't see, so you'll never know. And I'm not the one doing all the name calling and complaining, so I wonder if you just described yourself and are just lashing out due to bitterness. You are the one who rants and raves about not enough people being on sportswrath.com from time to time, aren't you? :unsure:

I like cold Kit-Kats, and have never heard of Jolt Cola. That must be a West Coast thing.

And you are a little off about my age and weight, but I do not discuss my personal life with people I can't see, so you'll never know. And I'm not the one doing all the name calling and complaining, so I wonder if you just described yourself and are just lashing out due to bitterness. You are the one who rants and raves about not enough people being on sportswrath.com from time to time, aren't you? :unsure:

Hey, he even knows how to spell them. Good for you! I like how side step away from the fact you have no friends..."I dont discus my personal life on the internet"..yeah, stfu! You dont do it because you need peers somewhere else other than your actual life. Nice try, if I had a Kit-KaT I send you send you one, I know you'd be happy.

Hey, he even knows how to spell them. Good for you! I like how side step away from the fact you have no friends..."I dont discus my personal life on the internet"..yeah, stfu! You dont do it because you need peers somewhere else other than your actual life. Nice try, if I had a Kit-KaT I send you send you one, I know you'd be happy.

Try to look at this conversation as an outside party and ask yourself who's acting like a child, even pathetic. This is a SPORTS FORUM, and because you don't like what you see you go on a ridiculous rant as if you know me. How do you know I have no friends? How do you know how much I weigh, or that I even like chocolate? ( I do, it's delicious!) Like I said before, you are probably just describing yourself, but who am I to determine that? I DON'T KNOW YOU.

I've seen how you attack people personally when you know things about them. Because of assholes like you, I do not discuss what goes on in my personal life on the internet. Wouldn't THAT be considered reaching out for a friend somewhere other than in life? Does it even make sense that I do not do these things because I have no need to? No one here knows anything about me, other than I'm a username on their screen, and that's the way I intend it to be. You are not my peer, friend, acquaintance. You are nothing to me, and I nothing to you, so why are you so bitter? I just don't get it.

Keep it to sports and maybe you won't look like such a fool.