SportsWrath

The Michael Young: Countdown to 200 Thread

Virginia Giant

He's really picked it up, man, don't know why I ever doubted you. Oh yeah, the lack of steady contributions otherwise...but still, look at his month by month splits.

April .215/.236/.346

May .296/.352/.443

June .361/.426/.407

July .327/.365/.388

August .330/.398/.472

September .366/.416/.439

He's really picked it up, man, don't know why I ever doubted you. Oh yeah, the lack of steady contributions otherwise...but still, look at his month by month splits.

April .215/.236/.346

May .296/.352/.443

June .361/.426/.407

July .327/.365/.388

August .330/.398/.472

September .366/.416/.439

Yeah, too bad it took him so long to get going.

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously thought he was going to put on more of a power display after last year's disappointing output. A lot of his hits are singles now too, he's 15th in SS SLG. All in all though, I apologize for some of my complaints earlier because Michael Young is still giving me decent production...I think I spent too early on him in the fifth round for 8th best SS in an 8 team league.

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously thought he was going to put on more of a power display after last year's disappointing output. A lot of his hits are singles now too, he's 15th in SS SLG. All in all though, I apologize for some of my complaints earlier because Michael Young is still giving me decent production...I think I spent too early on him in the fifth round for 8th best SS in an 8 team league.

I think we all expected more pop from him, I believe he led the league in doubles last year, so i'm not sure whats going on. but with Mike, he's at his best when he's driving them straight back over the second base bag on grounders or low line drives. Havn't seen much of the gap to gap stuff this year.

I was in doubt a bit earlier this year but I guess hitting in the two spot gives you a significant amount of ABs. Let's make it 6...though I'm probably drafting someone different,

I think he's been hitting in the 3 spot mostly lately.

lol, yeah you'll draft someone else and he'll end up with 25 hme runs and 100 rbi's. :doh: