SportsWrath

no heart

jranieli

that play by Reyes was pitiful. This has been pitiful. Good move by Willie benching him. This is unbearable to watch.

Mark it down, July 20th will be the day the Mets are in sole possesion of 3rd place.

Willie did the right thing, and hopefully this will wake this team up. Reyes always hustles, and I am surprised at him. Hopefully these guys get the message and wake the fuck up.

Damn Reyes, I am dissapointed in you, but it happens... Although it shouldn't.

I have never seen Willie Randolph in the state he was last night when discussing Reyes. He was stuttering, seemed very uneasy, very dissapointed in one of his favorite guys.

I guess Paul Lo Duca and Billy Wagner weren't wrong for calling out the team almost two months ago for lackluster play. The difference was, they were winning back then and nobody seemed to pay it any mind.

Keep laughing sucker cause even with all our problems, we are still in first place and not 11 games back like our crosstown buddies! :LMAO:

Right, and had the Phillies and Braves not played sub-500 ball themselves the whole month of June, the Mets would be well in to 3rd place by now.

Speaking of which, here come the dysfunctional Braves 2 games behind. :clap:

Right, and had the Phillies and Braves not played sub-500 ball themselves the whole month of June, the Mets would be well in to 3rd place by now.

You know all about teams in 3rd place, sub 500 dont ya? :LMAO:

Guess it could be worse, the Mets could have the dysfunctional Orioles breathing down their necks :LMAO:

If Woody would've went straight to the police, this would never have happened...

Hey did you see that catch Beltran made last night? Good move by the Yankees not signing him and going after Damon. :LMAO::LMAO:

You know all about teams in 3rd place, sub 500 dont ya? :LMAO:

Guess it could be worse, the Mets could have the dysfunctional Orioles breathing down their necks :LMAO:

Hey listen, take your depressed and overly emotional feelings elsewhere. It's not my fault you decided to become a METS fan.

How the hell does that happen anyway? How does one become a fan of that joke of a franchise? :confused:

Hey listen, take your depressed and overly emotional feelings elsewhere. It's not my fault you decided to become a METS fan.

How the hell does that happen anyway? How does one become a fan of that joke of a franchise? :confused:

How about you stop bitching a moaning about the Mets and go

to the Yankees section. And people wonder why Yankees fans

are assholes.

Its clearly apparent that you either were a)dropped on your head, b)born of related parents or c)had very vital elements drip down your dads leg.

No one is bitching ABOUT A TEAM IN 1ST PLACE!

You are aware that YOU are a fan of a team that a)currently trails their division by double digits, b)is sub .500 and c)trails multiple teams in the wild card chase by a large deficit?

Yet you come here to talk shit to Met fans? :LMAO:

Its clearly apparent that you either were a)dropped on your head, b)born of related parents or c)had very vital elements drip down your dads leg.

No one is bitching ABOUT A TEAM IN 1ST PLACE!

You are aware that YOU are a fan of a team that a)currently trails their division by double digits, b)is sub .500 and c)trails multiple teams in the wild card chase by a large deficit?

Yet you come here to talk shit to Met fans? :LMAO:

Someones mad. :clap:

Whatsamatter? Metsy Wetsy's can't dominate nor beat weak NL teams? :cwy:

Yes I am mad at being in 1st place. :LMAO:

Weak NL teams arguement again? Suppose when the NL wins the WS again you will have some other exuse. My guess is you will not watch the playoffs this year as your team will be long home.

im so sick of people dissing the NL. it's where REAL baseball is played and im more scared of maybe 2 teams in the AL than the mets.

Word, I DO NOT want to face the Pads in a short series with that staff, especially the top 2.

I would not want to play the Tigers or the Sox. I am amazed at the cockiness of fans of a team a game below .500, 10 out of first and 8.5 out of the WC trailing 6 teams.

Most people who want to look at these interleague games realize that the NL teams in the AL park are not built to play a game with a DH. AL teams employ a DH, usually a guy who will hit well and knock in runs, pretty much a starter with no glove. AN NL team instead of paying that money to a bat will have 2-3 guys who are pinch hitters/defensive replacements/pinch runners etc. Guys who when you see them everyday you realize they are not everyday players, but serve a role in the team concept of the NL game. Its an added advantage for the AL team. As for when they play in the NL park, a shitty hitting AL pitcher is the same as a shitty hitting NL pitcher. I hate the DH. I guess it prolongs careers and creates offense. I myself will take the sac bunt, double switch, pinch hit game anyday.

im so sick of people dissing the NL. it's where REAL baseball is played and im more scared of maybe 2 teams in the AL than the mets.

:clap:

The Mets are struggling right now. They have two starters on the DL and 3 outfielders out. Endy Chavez was the injury that hurt the most. Delgado has shown some signs of hitting better and the emergence of Ruban Gotey at second. Valentin is almost done. Shawn Green is garbage. I rather have the young guys like LMilz and Gomez in there instead of the old farts. The Pads are playing great this year. They do have a chance to take the whole thing. To think the AL better than the NL is over rated. They have the DH which gives them the upper hand though. The Mets have to get better. Right now, our record doesn't show but we are the second best team in the NL.

Word, I DO NOT want to face the Pads in a short series with that staff, especially the top 2.

I would not want to play the Tigers or the Sox. I am amazed at the cockiness of fans of a team a game below .500, 10 out of first and 8.5 out of the WC trailing 6 teams.

Most people who want to look at these interleague games realize that the NL teams in the AL park are not built to play a game with a DH. AL teams employ a DH, usually a guy who will hit well and knock in runs, pretty much a starter with no glove. AN NL team instead of paying that money to a bat will have 2-3 guys who are pinch hitters/defensive replacements/pinch runners etc. Guys who when you see them everyday you realize they are not everyday players, but serve a role in the team concept of the NL game. Its an added advantage for the AL team. As for when they play in the NL park, a shitty hitting AL pitcher is the same as a shitty hitting NL pitcher. I hate the DH. I guess it prolongs careers and creates offense. I myself will take the sac bunt, double switch, pinch hit game anyday.

yes i agree with that point, NL teams are at a huge disadvantage when they play in AL parks. no NL team has a player on their bench that can hit as well as the DH for (probably) any team in the AL.

i think both leagues should have the same rule, either both have DH or both don't have DH (i prefer to get rid of the DH but it's too late, the union would never let it happen).

i think this argument will eventually go away. for a good 7-8 years any team that wanted a chance to win in the AL had to increase payroll to compete with the yanks dynasty. with that era over with it looks like we might not see payrolls rising at the rate they were 5 years ago--even the yanks cut payroll this season until they signed clemens.

as for the mets they have just been getting murdered by injuries the past year. their ace, their best setup man, everyone in the OF--that would cripple most teams and the mets are still hanging on. i mean this is pretty much as bad as it gets for this mets team and they are still in the playoffs if the season ended today.

yeah the pads are built for the playoffs with that rotation, bullpen and defense, but with this lineup they are not built for the regular season and will pretty much need to keep the pitchers healthy if they want to hold onto the lead. the good news is that adrian gonzalez (the only legit #3, #4 hitter int he lineup) is in like an 7-78 slump or something and they've stayed in first place the entire time.

Are you saying you "decided" to like the Yankees because of their successful history?

Some fan.... "I'll just like the team that wins."

This reminds me of all the alleged Chicago Bulls fans that we had in NY in the 90s.

If we couldn't beat NL teams, we'd be under .500.

Oh, and that other NY team lost 3 series to NL teams, in NL parks, proving they can't play REAL BASEBALL.