SportsWrath

Drew Rosenhaus is the shit!!!

Plax 4 Prez

He gets us the best FA's... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2362731

Giants add veteran corner MadisonBy Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

Addressing one of their biggest offseason needs even before the free agent signing period officially commenced, the New York Giants on Friday reached agreement with former Miami Dolphins cornerback Sam Madison on a four-year contract.

Sam Madison

Cornerback

Miami Dolphins

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

56 46 10 1 0 2

The deal, which has been in the works for several days, is worth $7.4 million. It includes a signing bonus of $2 million and base salaries of $900,000 (for 2006), $1.2 million (2007), $1.5 million (2008) and $1.8 million (2009). There is also an annual incentive of $250,000 for four or more interceptions.

Released by the Dolphins last week for salary cap reasons, Madison visited with Giants officials early this week, and the two sides then opened negotiations. Agent Drew Rosenhaus declined to comment on the deal, but this marks the second season in a row in which he moved one of his high-profile free agent clients to the Giants to help bolster the defense.

Last spring, Rosenhaus negotiated the contract that sent standout middle linebacker Antonio Pierce to New York. He also signed wide receiver Plaxico Burress to a contract with the Giants in 2005.

New York coaches and team officials obviously targeted Madison, upon his release, as a veteran player still capable of producing at a position that figures to undergo an overhaul this offseason. Former first-round pick Will Allen, a starter since his 2001 rookie season with the Giants, is an unrestricted free agent and is not expected to return. His longtime starting partner, Will Peterson, missed all but two games in 2005 with a serious back problem, and his future remains uncertain.

The Giants feel that second-year pro Corey Webster, a second-round choice in '05, has the skills to emerge as a starter in 2006 and youngster Curtis DeLoatch still possesses great potential. But in adding Madison, the Giants have provided themselves with stability and veteran maturity, and acquired a proven player who has always been an excellent tutor to younger cornerbacks.

Since the end of the season, it had been speculated that the Dolphins would part ways with Madison, 31, for cap reasons. Madison said early in the offseason that he would not rework his contract to stay with the team, and conceded that would probably lead to his eventual release. But in later weeks, Madison indicated he might be open to readjusting his deal. The two sides were unable, though, to strike a compromise.

It marked the second spring in a row that Miami parted with a top cornerback, with the Dolphins having traded Madison's longtime partner, Patrick Surtain to Kansas City last year for a second-round draft choice, a move also forced by the team's salary cap overage at the time. For a period of about five seasons, Surtain and Madison formed one of the NFL's elite cornerback tandems.

A nine-year veteran and four-time Pro Bowl player, Madison has 31 career interceptions and 69 passes defensed. In 138 regular-season appearances, Madison, a former Louisville star selected by Miami in the second round of the 1997 draft, had 354 tackles.

Madison was the best move we could make for such a young secondary. The guy was a great mentor in Miami to their younger players, he will be great for ours. Im still a little shocked on how quick a deal got done. I thought for sure he might want to test the market a little bit. Hey but when Drew comes in here, he dont fuck around. This is a good start to the off-season.

Guest Lockhart

Sam Madison is good, but Rosenhaus did stick the Giants with Plaxico, who gave up after about the 13th game last season, and now he wants to stay in Miami for the Off season joining Shockey and not work out with the Giant QBs - this is more than disappointing coming from a WR that has questionable hands and an even more questionable work ethic.

Sam Madison is good, but Rosenhaus did stick the Giants with Plaxico, who gave up after about the 13th game last season, and now he wants to stay in Miami for the Off season joining Shockey and not work out with the Giant QBs - this is more than disappointing coming from a WR that has questionable hands and an even more questionable work ethic.

See how this asshole weasles his bullshit into every thread? Do you see it? I am all for opinions and debating but this is just the same bullshit over and over. Fuck off already.

What other UFAs does Drew represent this year?

Maybe he can help us get a few more key additions. This team is soooooo close to being a SB contender and Philly is moving farther and farther from it. Thanks Drew, keep treating us good and we'll help you with your crap reputation.

Who is better than Drew?

Next question!

lol, he doesn't mess with trash... he's the shit... soon half of the Giants will be represented by Drew, and his only bad move hurt Phily, which made us look better....hahahah

I'm happy. I don't know if everyone will be but I am. Thanks for the info Plax.

is that Nick Mason in your avatar?? kinda looks like him, you know the keyboard guy from Pink Floyd... I might be wrong but they are very similair

Guest Carbo

Like I said previously, Madison is a washed up has-been who will do nothing to make the Giants a better team. Aging DB's who have lost a step, on the downside of their career, are not the solution to a glaring defensive problem. A problem so severe that the Giants cannot be considered contenders until it is rightfully addressed.

Guest Lockhart
What other UFAs does Drew represent this year?

Maybe he can help us get a few more key additions. This team is soooooo close to being a SB contender and Philly is moving farther and farther from it. Thanks Drew, keep treating us good and we'll help you with your crap reputation.

Terrell Owens

So who do you replace him with? What FA WR last year would have made a bigger impact than Burress?

Guest Carbo
So who do you replace him with? What FA WR last year would have made a bigger impact than Burress?
What impact did Burress make? Other than a negative one?

Yeah Carbo, Plax made no impact. Are you SH#@ing me!!! Since when have we had a wide receiver put up those type of numbers. Don't even say that he gave up at the end of the season, this whole team was lost in that Carolina game. Just as we were frustrated watching that game as fans, the players were pissed that the game plan was crap and we had no answer for Carolina's D-fense or offense for that matter.

Plax was a great pick up and we are going to see something awesome this year with this Giants offense. Believe me, being a fan I yell at the players all the time and say that they suck hoping that if you call them names then they'll do something good. Hopefully that's what your doing, because although true Giant fans get pissed at the players, like Plax for making some mistakes. We know that it is just a matter of time before they do something great.

This is our year Carbo, and they'll be looking for all our support. You make the choice BROTHER!!!

:rock::rock::rock: Go get em G-Men

Guest Carbo

Again. Another personal attack, but no reply or response to a legitimate post. Burress was not an impact player last year. After week 6 he all but disappeared, and then he became the head case and cancer that we heard he would be. The Giants gambled and lost with that move.

Again. Another personal attack, but no reply or response to a legitimate post. Burress was not an impact player last year. After week 6 he all but disappeared, and then he became the head case and cancer that we heard he would be. The Giants gambled and lost with that move.

Because only fucking MORONS like you believe this shit. It's hard to have any intelligent discussion with brainless fucks like you because you spew out worthless shit, wait for a responce, and then say "Oh personal attacks are awful".

You're such a useless piece of shit. Just leave

Actually it wasn't a personnel attack at all. You're a Giants fan so you are automatically on good terms with me. I just think that you are being a little harsh. Coughlin has said he will have a meeting with Burress to discuss that horrible end to our season. I think that Burress can see how good this team is, and Coughlin will tell him that we need him to be on the same page to take us over the top next year.

If Burress starts to publicly embaress this team and organization then I will agree with you that it was a horrible move and a mistake, but he has yet to do anything like that. Let's give him a chance in 06 and then celebrate together in about 11 months.

Yeah Carbo, Plax made no impact. Are you SH#@ing me!!! Since when have we had a wide receiver put up those type of numbers. Don't even say that he gave up at the end of the season, this whole team was lost in that Carolina game. Just as we were frustrated watching that game as fans, the players were pissed that the game plan was crap and we had no answer for Carolina's D-fense or offense for that matter.

Plax was a great pick up and we are going to see something awesome this year with this Giants offense. Believe me, being a fan I yell at the players all the time and say that they suck hoping that if you call them names then they'll do something good. Hopefully that's what your doing, because although true Giant fans get pissed at the players, like Plax for making some mistakes. We know that it is just a matter of time before they do something great.

This is our year Carbo, and they'll be looking for all our support. You make the choice BROTHER!!!

:rock::rock::rock: Go get em G-Men

Carbo is a troll

Guest Carbo
Because only fucking MORONS like you believe this shit. It's hard to have any intelligent discussion with brainless fucks like you because you spew out worthless shit, wait for a responce, and then say "Oh personal attacks are awful".

You're such a useless piece of shit. Just leave

Wow! Rationale and maturity aren't your strengths, I see. By the way, that website of your's you spam us with in your signature? It sucks. I wasted a minute of my time to visit. It was as dead as your brain.

Actually it wasn't a personnel attack at all. You're a Giants fan so you are automatically on good terms with me. I just think that you are being a little harsh. Coughlin has said he will have a meeting with Burress to discuss that horrible end to our season. I think that Burress can see how good this team is, and Coughlin will tell him that we need him to be on the same page to take us over the top next year.

If Burress starts to publicly embaress this team and organization then I will agree with you that it was a horrible move and a mistake, but he has yet to do anything like that. Let's give him a chance in 06 and then celebrate together in about 11 months.

Vermin, I didn't consider your reply as a personal attack. It was the nitwit above. As for Burress, I am of the mindset that people don't change easily. He is who he is, and what you see is what you get. His rep in Pittsburgh was that of a selfish malcontent. So far, he hasn't done anything to disprove that, in my opinion.