SportsWrath

Kobe Bryant wants Lakers to trade him

Dragon

I heard him on Stephen A. Smith's radio show on ESPN saying that there was nothng that LA could do to change his mind. He said that he feels betrayed by the organization for saying to him that they were going to rebuild immediately and have the Lakers back in the championship picture. He also said that he was not the one that forced the Shaq trade. Jerry Buss was the cause of Shaq being traded and he was also the one that made it seem like it was caused by Kobe. Stephen A. Smith read Kobe's quote to Shaq and Shaq said that he and Kobe didn't always see eye to eye, but he definately believes him in this instance.

It's really fucked up to have a FO pull this kind of shit. I mean this is just me roughly explaining the situation. It goes a lot deeper as far as Mitch Kupchick (spelling?) saying to the media that if he had to make a decision between Shaq or Kobe that he'd pick Kobe, and Buss saying that there was no chance that he'd pay Shaq anywhere near the type of money that he wanted regardless of the situation, makes me really lose respect for the Lakers organization.

they were right to not pay shaq--he wasn't worth the money this past season and he won't be worth it next season either. but they were wrong to not stand by their promises to kobe

they were right to not pay shaq--he wasn't worth the money this past season and he won't be worth it next season either. but they were wrong to not stand by their promises to kobe

I dunno how much Shaq got or wanted, but if he stayed in LA they'd still be winning championships.

I dunno how much Shaq got or wanted, but if he stayed in LA they'd still be winning championships.

Kobe quoted Jerry Buss saying, "I'm not going to pay Shaq $30 Million next year or $80 Million over three years. No way in Hell." There's more to the quote, but I can't remember the rest. My issue isn't with what they weren't going to pay Shaq, it's how they set up Kobe to take the fall for Shaq being traded. It was really fucked up. Kobe basically didn't say anything because he wasn't sure if he wanted to come back to the Lakers at that time and if he was going to remain a Laker and not sign with the Clippers, he didn't want to have an issue with mgmt. so he kept his mouth shut. Recently they were reluctant to make moves like signing Baron Davis, making a trade for Jason Kidd, or even getting some type of trade for Kevin Garnett which had been speculated for years. They've done nothing but ruin the team and sour the attitude of their best player. Do I want to see Kobe on another team? Hell no! I'm a Bulls/Lakers fan (They were the first two teams I ever saw play and I couldn't decide who to root for so I became a fan of both). Kobe is one of my favorite players. Even with the hypothetical trade to the Bulls I'd still say no. However, does Kobe deserve better than what the Lakers are giving him? Hell yeah.

I saw that too, Randoff. I honestly think that he wants to stay in LA but if they don't make things better he knows that he needs to leave in order to become a champion again. Kobe can't win with the team the way it is. Nothing against guys like Lamar Odom cause he brings it, but he can't stay on the floor! Kobe deserves better than what he's been given.

I saw that too, Randoff. I honestly think that he wants to stay in LA but if they don't make things better he knows that he needs to leave in order to become a champion again. Kobe can't win with the team the way it is. Nothing against guys like Lamar Odom cause he brings it, but he can't stay on the floor! Kobe deserves better than what he's been given.

I kinda feel for Kobe...Laker team right now sucks!

I believe Kobe wanted out this week because he found out that Kupchek (sp) and his people spread that statement that 'Kobe wanted Shaq out'. And they didn't ever 'curb' the public from that lie IMO.

KG nor Jason Kidd can come to the Lakers because the Lakers have no trade value. Who wants Kwame Brown or Smush Parker?

Kobe wasn't the guy who demanded Shaq be gone but he wasn't clamoring for him to stay either. They were nothing close to best of friends. It would have been difficult to keep both, considering cap and egos.

There's no denying that.

As far as the trade for Kidd goes, the Lakers FO didn't want to give up Andrew Bynum. That's why the deal never went through. As far as KG goes, there never was a deal in place, but there had always been speculation about a trade possibility.

they wouldn't have this season. shaq is breaking down more and more each season

• 2 weeks later...