SportsWrath

If Make Me Some Food Ho was the Yankees gm today

I would fire Joe Torre, Brian Cashman and Gator...Id bring in Joe Girardi as the manager, move Joe Kerrigan to pitching coach, Larry Bowa to bench coach and Donny back to hitting coach. Then Id see how the team reacted to that and if things didnt start to turn around and a playoff berth looks to be out of the question, I'd do something that would shock the world........Id trade Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera

I would fire Joe Torre, Brian Cashman and Gator...Id bring in Joe Girardi as the manager, move Joe Kerrigan to pitching coach, Larry Bowa to bench coach and Donny back to hitting coach. Then Id see how the team reacted to that and if things didnt start to turn around and a playoff berth looks to be out of the question, I'd do something that would shock the world........Id trade Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera

I think age is catching up with the Yankees. That, and untimely injuries such as Hughes, and the other young pitchers who got smacked by line drives.

Damon is always going to be banged up, he's a good outfielder with a terrible arm.

Matsui just isn't the same since his wrist injury, and he's a terrible outfielder.

Abreu looks fat and old, and he's a terrible outfielder.

You either have a play a guy who can't hit, Mientkiewicz, or a guy who can't move, Giambi, or a guy who's just not that good, Phelps, at first base.

A-Rod is too consumed with himself and whether the fans like him or not. Once again, when the pressure is on and the team needs him, he's folding, probably because he's trying to do too much with one swing.

A bullpen that was overrated to begin with (by people such as Michael Kay), and probably burnt out already.

Wang has been erratic, unlike last year.

You have Pettitte, Jeter, and Posada playing consistently well. Just like the late 90s, except they're not young anymore so enjoy it while it lasts.

No bench players, or young players to fill in for oft-injured stars like Damon, Matsui, Giambi...

I also think the Yankees needed Sheffield to balance out their lefty lineup.

I think age is catching up with the Yankees. That, and untimely injuries such as Hughes, and the other young pitchers who got smacked by line drives.

Damon is always going to be banged up, he's a good outfielder with a terrible arm.

Matsui just isn't the same since his wrist injury, and he's a terrible outfielder.

You either have a play a guy who can't hit, Mientkiewicz, or a guy who can't move, Giambi, or a guy who's just not that good, Phelps, at first base.

A-Rod is too consumed with himself and whether the fans like him or not. Once again, when the pressure is on and the team needs him, he's folding, probably because he's trying to do too much with one swing.

A bullpen that was overrated to begin with (by people such as Michael Kay), and probably burnt out already.

You have Pettitte, Jeter, and Posada playing consistently well. Just like the late 90s, except they're not young anymore so enjoy it while it lasts.

No bench players, or young players to fill in for oft-injured stars like Damon, Matsui, Giambi...

I agree with all of that. Matsui is still a good hitter, but he is a DH, not an outfielder. Age is a huge part of why this team is playing so poorly.

By trading Rivera and Posada, the Yankees could get some really good young talent in return. Here are 3 teams with EXCELLENT farm systems that I could see the yankees trding with

Angels- a first place team that would be a MUCH better team if they had Posada instead of Mike Napoli and Ho-Mo

Dodgers- a first place team that could use Rivera down the stretch, even though that Jap is very good, who would rather have closing games in a pennant race, Mariano Rivera, or Takishito Siukatu(whatever the hell his name is)

Indians- first place team that doesnt really have a closer, theyd kill for Rivera.

Now Jorge and Mo each have no trade clauses and teams would be wary that theyd just be rentals if they dont sign extensions (which will lessen the value of talent they get back for them), but I think these teams take the shot and I think its worth it for the Yankees to shop them around........but Id want to resign both of them in the offseason.

I agree with all of that. Matsui is still a good hitter, but he is a DH, not an outfielder. Age is a huge part of why this team is playing so poorly.

By trading Rivera and Posada, the Yankees could get some really good young talent in return. Here are 3 teams with EXCELLENT farm systems that I could see the yankees trding with

Angels- a first place team that would be a MUCH better team if they had Posada instead of Mike Napoli and Ho-Mo

Dodgers- a first place team that could use Rivera down the stretch, even though that Jap is very good, who would rather have closing games in a pennant race, Mariano Rivera, or Takishito Siukatu(whatever the hell his name is)

Indians- first place team that doesnt really have a closer, theyd kill for Rivera.

Now Jorge and Mo each have no trade clauses and teams would be wary that theyd just be rentals if they dont sign extensions (which will lessen the value of talent they get back for them), but I think these teams take the shot and I think its worth it for the Yankees to shop them around........but Id want to resign both of them in the offseason.

Add the Marlins and the Diamondbacks to that list, they have sick

farm systems.

Add the Marlins and the Diamondbacks to that list, they have sick

farm systems.

yes they do, but theyre not contenders...The Dodgers, Angels and Indians are all in 1st place. Im looking for a contender that might not mind taking a 3 month rental if means them winning this year. Cause thats the only way they could be traded

the yanks dont really have replacements for either one i think he's advocating blowing up the team if you know the run's over this season. both are getting older but jeter is still at too good an age to waste him by going through this process every season for the sake of stability