SportsWrath

Florida Marlins @ NY Mets 7:10pm

Plax 4 Prez

couple things I notice, but I suppose they ar obvious

1)too much upper cut, watch when he swings and misses, he is back on his heals, the bat loops through the zone and there is no power from anywhere but his uppe cut swinging arms.

2)totally getting beaten from two halfs of the plate. He is pulling everything and when he does not swing and miss the outside pitch, he pulls it weakly to the left side. Conversly when pitched inside he is not inside outing the ball as he did in the past, rather upper cutting and attempting to pull, usually resulting in pop ups or outs like we saw in his first at bat tonight.

3)no power, thats alarming and I do not know why?

I think it's a combination of a few things. The #1 problem is the uppercut swing. I don't know where the hell that came from (I know everyone thinks it's from the HR derby) but that's killing him. As soon as he levels that out, when he hits the ball he will hit line drives instead of pop ups. Thats when his power will come back also.

2nd He's just not seeing the ball well / guessing at too many pitches. That one AB he had today the first 2 pitches were fastball right down the middle of the plate and his bat didn't even flinch.

3rd His confidence is way down. If that swing levels out and he drive a couple of balls per game for say 3 games, his confidence will return AND he will start seeing the ball better.

I think it's a combination of a few things. The #1 problem is the uppercut swing. I don't know where the hell that came from (I know everyone thinks it's from the HR derby) but that's killing him. As soon as he levels that out, when he hits the ball he will hit line drives instead of pop ups. Thats when his power will come back also.

2nd He's just not seeing the ball well / guessing at too many pitches. That one AB he had today the first 2 pitches were fastball right down the middle of the plate and his bat didn't even flinch.

3rd His confidence is way down. If that swing levels out and he drive a couple of balls per game for say 3 games, his confidence will return AND he will start seeing the ball better.

He needs 3-4 or a 4-4 day.

, I am wondering if holes have been discovered in Wrights swing? :mellow:

kieth hernandez has been pointing out a lot of things with his swing.... I wonder of Kieth will go down from the booth and do some "hitting consulting"

The other day he was talking about how Dwright was not using his hips correctly and he has been talking about the uppercut for a while too.

Wright always had a problem hitting when he would try to muscle up too much on a ball. He was always a much better hitter when he let his swing do the work, and using the opposite field. It seems he is trying to power his way out of his slump.... (How many guys slump with being on base for 30+ games in a row)

kieth hernandez has been pointing out a lot of things with his swing.... I wonder of Kieth will go down from the booth and do some "hitting consulting"

The other day he was talking about how Dwright was not using his hips correctly and he has been talking about the uppercut for a while too.

Wright always had a problem hitting when he would try to muscle up too much on a ball. He was always a much better hitter when he let his swing do the work, and using the opposite field. It seems he is trying to power his way out of his slump.... (How many guys slump with being on base for 30+ games in a row)

It could be the 9 girls I saw waiting for him in the Shea Stadium tunnel. I have nothing

against David fucking all these hot bitches, one was hotter than the other. If you want

to keep up that lifestyle, I'd start performing. Now, I would have had sex with any of these

9 girls cause they were hot as hell, no wonder he is only batting .245 at Shea, but 1.000 in the

bedroom.

I cant believe they are playing with all that lightning..... Good thing they dont use metal bats

I was watching House... was it as bad at Shea as it was in central jersey?

It's only gonna get worse tonight too.

ahh the storm should not be that bad. The rain here is almost over. Had quite abit of lightening and one loud bang and that was really it. I was sitting on the deck of the local resturant tonight and it just started to rain and lightening. It sucked though. It was a nice day.

He recovered for the rest of the game....

Yeah he did. Quite nicely too. If he covered first more aggresively in the 7th, he might have made through that inning. Maybe he just needed a confidence boost. One thing I don't like is that LoDuca has to line up in the middle of the plate so the ball moves to the corner. I hope he will learn to control his fast ball so he can hit the spot he's throwing too, like John Maine is begining to master this year.