SportsWrath

John Maine is the Man Thread

feefifoefum

I love this guy. That sneaky fastball. That unyielding attitude to go right after hitters. That slippery slider. I even like that he got pissed off when he failed to get a bunt down and move a runner over with a 4-1 lead. John Maine is the shit, and you must give him some love here!

I love this guy. That sneaky fastball. That unyielding attitude to go right after hitters. That slippery slider. I even like that he got pissed off when he failed to get a bunt down and move a runner over with a 4-1 lead. John Maine is the shit, and his path... he's been nasty so far... hope he keeps it up :clap:

I love this guy. That sneaky fastball. That unyielding attitude to go right after hitters. That slippery slider. I even like that he got pissed off when he failed to get a bunt down and move a runner over with a 4-1 lead. John Maine is the shit, and you must give him some love here!

I like John Maine alot more than you.

sad thing is that he was just a throw in guy.

not according to Minaya, apparently the Mets scouts had seen the kid and deemed him the best pitcher in the O's system aside from Bedard and Ray. Great scouting job.

not according to Minaya, apparently the Mets scouts had seen the kid and deemed him the best pitcher in the O's system aside from Bedard and Ray. Great scouting job.

I wonder what the O's fans are saying to this day about the trade? Does it bring comparisons to the Kazmir trade? If you are saying what it true, then it was a big steal.

I wonder what the O's fans are saying to this day about the trade? Does it bring comparisons to the Kazmir trade? If you are saying what it true, then it was a big steal.

It reminds me of the 1987 deal of Ed Hearn an Rick Anderson for David Cone. The Royals were looking for a starter(much like the O's were in 06) in 87' and the Mets had such an abundance with Gooden, Ojeda, Darling, Fernandez and Aguilera that Anderson was of no use. Hearn had been a great backup to Carer in 86 and many people were pissed that the Mets traded him(much like Benson), low and behold by 1988 Cone was 20-3 and would have won the cy young had Hershiser not had one of the best seasons EVER by a pitcher.

Maine was the centerpiece of that trade...he was a highly touted prospect in the O's organization....its not so much that the mets scouts did a good job, its more that the O's upper management are fucking morons...theyve been making bad trades and bad signings for almost a decade now. If I were Minaya, Id try and trade them Humber and Millegde for Markakis and Lohen...theyd probably do it

I love Maine too, I have him on my fantsy team...Him and Rich Hill were my sleeper picks and theyre both lights out right now

Maine was the centerpiece of that trade...he was a highly touted prospect in the O's organization....its not so much that the mets scouts did a good job, its more that the O's upper management are fucking morons...theyve been making bad trades and bad signings for almost a decade now. If I were Minaya, Id try and trade them Humber and Millegde for Markakis and Lohen...theyd probably do it

I love Maine too, I have him on my fantsy team...Him and Rich Hill were my sleeper picks and theyre both lights out right now

Jorge Julio was the centerpiece, Minaya insisted on Maine.

Rick Peterson loves reclamation projects, I like Peterson, but he couldn't fix Zambrano (in 10 minutes) or Julio.

HOWEVER, he is fixing Oliver Perez, which is a great thing. He can be lights out for us.

the mets would be the dumbasses in that trade if they traded milledge and humber for only those two.

the mets would be the dumbasses in that trade if they traded milledge and humber for only those two.

is that because you think the Millegde will be better than Markakis and Humber better than Lowen, or because the O's management is so dumb that you could milk them for even more?

is that because you think the Millegde will be better than Markakis and Humber better than Lowen, or because the O's management is so dumb that you could milk them for even more?

no. because we can get a top pitcher for both of those two and if we trade milledge, we dont need an OF in return because we got martinez and gomez coming up.

no. because we can get a top pitcher for both of those two and if we trade milledge, we dont need an OF in return because we got martinez and gomez coming up.

I hear you....but even so, you dont think youd get a better pitcher for Loewen and Markakis? Youd proably be able to get the same pitcher for Humber and Milledge for just Markakis