SportsWrath

Giants v.s. Cowboys

Lughead

ny-giants.jpg

Prime Time Openers: Saints-Colts, Giants-Cowboys

Posted Mar 26th 2007 11:09AM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Colts, Cowboys, NY Giants, Saints, NFL Media Watch, Dallas, Indianapolis, New Orleans, New York

elimanning.jpgESPN will televise the unveiling of the NFL schedule next month (yes, ESPN actually paid the NFL for the rights to the announcement), but Peter King of SI.com reports today that the two opening-weekend NBC prime time games will be the New Orleans Saints vs. the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday, Sept. 6 and the New York Giants vs. the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Sept. 9.

The Thursday opener usually goes to the defending champions, so it's no surprise that the Colts are hosting. It is a bit of a surprise that the Saints are the opponent, though. Because the Saints are an NFC team, that's a game that would usually go to Fox, and Fox can't be happy that one of its two opportunities to show Peyton Manning has just been given to NBC.

Cowboys-Giants is a good rivalry between two teams coming off playoff seasons, but it's not a huge game in terms of the 2007 expectations for either team. It is, however, a sign of just how marketable the NFL thinks the Manning family is: Although the NFL can't give us another Manning vs. Manning opener, it is giving us both Manning brothers in prime time to start the season.Permalink | Email this | Comments [2]

I can't wait to watch the Giants blow it in epic fashion against the Cowboys. <_<

Well any given sunday the Giants can choke on their own spit. :(

Lets do an analogy...

Expectations: choke jobs; no expectations: Dominant performances :rock:

Reverse psychology

I can't wait to watch the Giants blow it in epic fashion against the Cowboys. <_>

Well any given sunday the Giants can choke on their own spit. :(

shut up mr negetivity you a-rod lover

Ah...gottcha.

actually if I were a Dallas fan I would probably be bitching as to why we have had to play the Giants in our home and home in Dallas early in the year each of the past 4 seasons and being forced to play in NY in Decembet twice and once in Juanary(last game 04). Not a problem though as most Cowboy fans are mindless twits that are bandwagon jumpers and would have no knowledge of this fact.

actually if I were a Dallas fan I would probably be bitching as to why we have had to play the Giants in our home and home in Dallas early in the year each of the past 4 seasons and being forced to play in NY in Decembet twice and once in Juanary(last game 04). Not a problem though as most Cowboy fans are mindless twits that are bandwagon jumpers and would have no knowledge of this fact.

In fact they'd probably know that as they've only watched the games where the Boys had a winning record late in the season.