SportsWrath

Nolan Ryan

mickeef2

Any updates yet on this story?

It seems like one of those things. Like Ryan isn't human and will kick the shit out of anything. I hope he gets over it.

I havn't heard anything, basically i think the story was just an exadurated trip to the hospitol. Reid said it's been fairly common for him to go to the hospitol out of caution.

Fact is, Nolan is 60, 60 year olds have health problems, but when it's Nolan Ryan, it's news.

I havn't heard anything, basically i think the story was just an exadurated trip to the hospitol. Reid said it's been fairly common for him to go to the hospitol out of caution.

Fact is, Nolan is 60, 60 year olds have health problems, but when it's Nolan Ryan, it's news.

I have to agree with that. He didn't have the best career of any pitcher, but he probably threw a baseball better than any person that ever lived. Maybe Sandy Koufax.

I have to agree with that. He didn't have the best career of any pitcher, but he probably threw a baseball better than any person that ever lived. Maybe Sandy Koufax.

Yeah, he was a weird one. If he didn't have the curve ball on a particular day, he'd walk 7 or 8, but on any given day he could completely shut down any team he was facing.

As a young kid I sat at game 5 of the 86 NLCS at Shea, it was a day game, midweek, back when MLB use to actually play post season baseball in the daylight. Anyway the Mets won the game 2-1 in 12 innings. Ryan pitched for the Stros that day and only gave up a foul pole homer to Strawberry. He matched a 21 year old Dwight Gooden pitch for pitch. I was sitting along the 1B line and the shadows had crept in as the game was a 3pm start. It was almost unfair how hard it was to face Ryan that day(Gooden was quite nasty himself I might add). Nasty stuff. Hope Nolan is well and gets better.

• 2 weeks later...
lol I'm assuming you're joking. He looks a lot better in the video, but you have to admit he looked pretty bad in that picture. He also has a history of heart trouble, which means he doesn't exactly have a clean bill of health.

I was just refering to how old he looks now.

Is this the pic your talking about?

mlb_a_ryan_65.jpg

He was actually throwing the first pitch out in that pic.

nolan.jpg

I was just refering to how old he looks now.

Is this the pic your talking about?

mlb_a_ryan_65.jpg

He was actually throwing the first pitch out in that pic.

nolan.jpg

Oh. I actually thought he looked better in the video. And him throwing a pitch puts that pic into context. Betcha the bastard still throws in the 90s.