SportsWrath

Yanks reach deal with Igawa

Plow

looks like 5 years 20 mil, some sites are saying 4 yrs 20 mil.

Either way, I'd rather take that than Gil Meche or Ted Lilly.

I cant wait for Igawa vs Matsuzaka, and Matsui hits a home run off dice!

Yeah, a solo shot while the Matsuzaka allows one run in 7 innings with 6 Ks and Igawa gives up 5 in 5 1/3 innings.

they use smaller balls in Japan which equals more movement and speed. no Japaneses pitcher really does good with the exception of a few.

True, but Japanese pitchers are also a lot better at striking batters out and keeping them off base. The major difference is going to be in HR rates.

Hideo Nomo, 2 good years then a diszpearing act that could make Criss Angel cringe?

I see that more for Igawa than for Matsuzaka, just from the perspective of scouts. We'll both knock on wood for our own pitchers I guess.

Like Kay said, Jap pitchers for the most part don't excel here. If Mat can get his screwball going here he'l be great, if not he'llbe another Irabu. His one out will nbe if he can get a change up like Santana or a curve like Nolan. I dunno who the Sox' pitching coach is, but I have a feeling that Mat will need to learn alot about American offspeed.

Iguana, he has bust written all over him.

looks like 5 years 20 mil, some sites are saying 4 yrs 20 mil.

Either way, I'd rather take that than Gil Meche or Ted Lilly.

I cant wait for Igawa vs Matsuzaka, and Matsui hits a home run off dice!

When you factor in the 26 mil that was posted to sign him it becomes 46 mil(like Matsusaka is 103 mil).

Something tells me that Plow would say something like this if the Yanks got Lilly "I would rather have Ted Lilly, he is proven in the majoe leagues and Igawa has proven nothing, for the same money". Just a hunch as all ;)

Like Kay said, Jap pitchers for the most part don't excel here. If Mat can get his screwball going here he'l be great, if not he'llbe another Irabu. His one out will nbe if he can get a change up like Santana or a curve like Nolan. I dunno who the Sox' pitching coach is, but I have a feeling that Mat will need to learn alot about American offspeed.

Iguana, he has bust written all over him.

Matsuzaka has four plus pitches so while the screwball will complement the rest, he doesn't necessarilly need it, at least not in the beginning, to dominate. I still have every ounce of confidence in the guy...scouts are gushing over him and you can usually trust them.

Hideo Nomo, 2 good years then a diszpearing act that could make Criss Angel cringe?

a no hitter in colorado pre humidor. has to be one of the single most amazing feats in modern baseball

he was much better than an average pitcher.

When you factor in the 26 mil that was posted to sign him it becomes 46 mil(like Matsusaka is 103 mil).

Something tells me that Plow would say something like this if the Yanks got Lilly "I would rather have Ted Lilly, he is proven in the majoe leagues and Igawa has proven nothing, for the same money". Just a hunch as all ;)

the 26 mil doesn't have a 40% luxury tax on it. Thats why it's better.

That's true, but if you trade Randy, either Zito or Clemens will undoubtedly demand more money than 17 million.

i dont care what the yankees pay zito or clemens. I did care what they would pay lilly or meche.