SportsWrath

Bigjeep is here

Bigjeep

Since I was 5 years old around 1971, Ron Johnson was our RB. Most people were Dolphin, Vikings and Jet fans back then and Joe Namath was the talk of the town.

That would make us pretty much the same age. I was living in Louisville KY at the time, and just learning the game back then. College basketball is huge there. The closest thing to a team there was Cincinatti. So I liked the Bengals back then. It was either them or a be a Cowboy fan, and THAT wasn't going to happen.

That would make us pretty much the same age. I was living in Louisville KY at the time, and just learning the game back then. College basketball is huge there. The closest thing to a team there was Cincinatti. So I liked the Bengals back then. It was either them or a be a Cowboy fan, and THAT wasn't going to happen.

Yeah, I was new to the game. My attention span sucked and the Giants were horrible for many years there after. I grew up in Jersey City NJ.

see this is why bigjeep is a fucking moron... he is saying Eli is average... i mean come the fuck open your fucking eyes.... he is progressing like a normal quarterback.... .like all the great ones did.... he has shown what he can do, how what he needs is consistancy... and you are saying you are right for doubting him because he had 1 bad game against the #1 defense in the nfl..... go reattach yourself to lockharts johnson and leave the people here along

:LMAO: 1971!!!! My god your a baby fan. Try 1958 sudden death overtime.

All the more reason that you should have patience with young QBs. All the more reason that you shouldn't care as to the few draft picks that we gave up for him, considering all the first round busts over the years and free agency that is now in the picture.

All the more reason that you should have patience with young QBs. All the more reason that you shouldn't care as to the few draft picks that we gave up for him, considering all the first round busts over the years and free agency that is now in the picture.

At my age, I don't have a lot of patience. Been waiting 16 years since the 1990 win thanks to hoss. Eli will be given lots of time considering what they gave up for him. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Kerry, showing just enough to hang around. But not enough to win. As far as Free agency, thats making the game less enjoyable as these players for sale travel from team to team.

By the way, I also grew up in Jersey City. Watched a lot of Snyder High School games In the old Stadium now gone.

By the way, I also grew up in Jersey City. Watched a lot of Snyder High School games In the old Stadium now gone.

When I mentioned free agency, I meant that you can make up losing draft picks with the system. I liked the old system better also. I grew up on Fairview Ave. between Bergen and Monticello. I hung out on Reed St. as a kid. It's a small world after all. :TU:

When I mentioned free agency, I meant that you can make up losing draft picks with the system. I liked the old system better also. I grew up on Fairview Ave. between Bergen and Monticello. I hung out on Reed St. as a kid. It's a small world after all. :TU:

Danford ave, if that is the right spelling. Just down from Jackson ave. I'm going back into the 40's. :)

Since I was 5 years old around 1971, Ron Johnson was our RB. Most people were Dolphin, Vikings and Jet fans back then and Joe Namath was the talk of the town.

I agree with you on the Eli thing, it is too soon to call him a bust. People were asking for Simms head after every lousy game. And I started watching the Giants back in 69'. Guess I am a baby fan too :LMAO: (check the Cowboy boards I guess the average age range is about what 18-25?). So I started to watch 6 years after their last championship appearance and 12 years before their first playoff appearance in 18 years (63-81). You guys want to see the definition of a lousy quarterback, look up Joe Pisarcik's name in Wikipedia. I had nightmares for a whole year seeing the Jet's former coach (Herman Edwards) running the ball back for a score on "The Fumble". And you know what McVay (coach of the Giants at that time) went on to be pretty successful in the Niner front office. Football is a game of longterm solutions to short term problems; almost like turning a bus.

But Opie definitely has to be put on notice that he cannot perform so abysmally and expect not to set down as punished and/or for the coaches to get in his face.

I agree with you on the Eli thing, it is too soon to call him a bust. People were asking for Simms head after every lousy game. And I started watching the Giants back in 69'. Guess I am a baby fan too :LMAO: (check the Cowboy boards I guess the average age range is about what 18-25?). So I started to watch 6 years after their last championship appearance and 12 years before their first playoff appearance in 18 years (63-81). You guys want to see the definition of a lousy quarterback, look up Joe Pisarcik's name in Wikipedia. I had nightmares for a whole year seeing the Jet's former coach (Herman Edwards) running the ball back for a score on "The Fumble". And you know what McVay (coach of the Giants at that time) went on to be pretty successful in the Niner front office. Football is a game of longterm solutions to short term problems; almost like turning a bus.

But Opie definitely has to be put on notice that he cannot perform so abysmally and expect not to set down as punished and/or for the coaches to get in his face.

You make a lot of sense. Eli is not a bust. But with the price they payed for him, we deserve more. I just hope he doesn't turn into enough promise to keep him, but never delivers consistantly. that just keeps the Giants from moving on. Remember Collins. with Free agency, you can't build for the future anymore, as players are going to move on for money. The 1958 sudden death game made me into a huge Giants fan. My saying is, players come and go, but the Giants will always be here. I have seen a lot of players come and go. I don't get into much hero worship. With free agency and the cost of getting players, make the plays, or move on.

I must add there is a lot of pressure on Eli trying to reach his brothers level. Maybe he is pressing to hard. At some point he has to realize that he just might not be able to make the plays his brother makes and play within himself. Who the hell can make those plays peyton makes. I have seen a lot of quartebacks, but this guy is the best. look how he has them undefeated with that defense. Every game depends on his arm.

I must add there is a lot of pressure on Eli trying to reach his brothers level. Maybe he is pressing to hard. At some point he has to realize that he just might not be able to make the plays his brother makes and play within himself. Who the hell can make those plays peyton makes. I have seen a lot of quartebacks, but this guy is the best. look how he has them undefeated with that defense. Every game depends on his arm.

I think the mistake that was made with the NFL's free agency system is that I believe you should be able to spend as much money as you want to on the people that you drafted and developed. So if you draft a lets say Chad Bratzke; develop him to the point that he is force on the other side from Strahan, then I believe the Giants should have first crack at him. But as an incentive not to hold onto every free agent, there should be some type of penalty or luxury tax. As a old time fan, I preferred football when you had dynasties, where 3-4 teams in each conference dominated for a period of time. Also if the owners ever got off the dime and guaranteed salaries; then this farce of a free agent system that we currently have would not have come about in its current shape or form. Todays players have no loyalty; and it is primarily because the teams have no loyalty to them. So a guy can sign for a 3-4 contract at a certain salary and only see two of those years because of an injury. Every other professional sport (except for boxing, and do we want to be compared to them?) has guaranteed salaries and have survived. I know football has a higher injury toll than any other sport; but something could be worked out where every facet of the game enjoyed huge profits.

Your right, the day of the dynasties like the greenbay packers of the 60's [ the team I consider #1 ] Pittsburg of the 70's, Giants, of the 60's and 80's and others are over. As far as spending money for players, remember the Giants were never considered big spenders and would fall behind quickly having to bid big bucks for free agents. Look what Boston paid just for the rights to bargain for a baseball pitcher, 50 million dollars! do we want that in football?

Your right, the day of the dynasties like the greenbay packers of the 60's [ the team I consider #1 ] Pittsburg of the 70's, Giants, of the 60's and 80's and others are over. As far as spending money for players, remember the Giants were never considered big spenders and would fall behind quickly having to bid big bucks for free agents. Look what Boston paid just for the rights to bargain for a baseball pitcher, 50 million dollars! do we want that in football?

No what I want is what they have in the NBA; more of a soft cap and the ability to sign your own players. The ones you developed rather than going so much after the mega super star from east butt fuck. That way teams are rewarded or punished for their own draft choices. And if you go for the quick fix in free agency, it should be as expensive as all fuck all. So if you mess up everyone derides you for trying to buy a championship. And if it works, it won't last because the super star will want more money, and/or there will be the clamor for more superstars no matter the price.

In 2010 will people still be calling ELI great when he has a game like he did vs the Eagles and awful when he had a game like he did vs the Bears or will people by then realize in the NFL you sometimes play well and sometimes play poorly.

TO me the most important stat is 18-15.

or 17-9 since the start of 2005, ratings, yards, comp% thats for all the ESPN/Maddenites.