SportsWrath

Looks like another year of Shockey as a blocker and

Guest JACKSTROUD7

Guest JACKSTROUD7

I'd like to apply for the O Co-ordinator job with the Giants

Huffnagle and Coughlin are stubborn.......stuck inna rut BLOCKHEADS

maybe they should give me a call during the games when Coughlin gets that befuddled look on his face and ask for a bit of advice

Guest JACKSTROUD7

as much as I disliked Fassel's lack of discipline.......at least he maintained his composure most of the time on the sideline

everytime they put the camera on Coughlin it looks like hes about to have a coranary

If he would give Jacobs some real carries his blood pressure would drop 50 points

That is true about Coughlin. His lack of composure on the sidelines is baffling. You would think after being in the game for around 40 years he would have a better understanding of what is going on. He's always a step behind the game and the officials.

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Can the doctors up your medication to keep you slurring incoherently, and off the PC?

I dont know why your on my case.......from what I'm reading your one of the few people who does not drink the Giants cool aid

Whats so frustrating is that with a few changes, and beter use of our bench this team could have creamed Chicago, and be on a fast track to the SB

I can't sneer at 6-3 but with a few minor adjustments, and more flexibiliy we could be undefeated.......easily

One thing you'll notice about Bellicheck and Mangini is no one gets a pass with those guys, they use their reserves, and they will pull anyone who underperforms

You spend more time criticizing people Braco than talking about football.....

The whole Shockey situation is dissapointing. He had great years with Fassel, was used more creativly, and was more of a dominating player on the field. In a way, he was used a lot like Cooley was used last year.

I can't understand why they are so stuck on the idea that he should be a down TE on every play. When was the last time you saw Shockey split out wide?

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Well if your team looked like shit and you just called the dumbest play...you'd be have a coronary too. I can't stand coaches who show NO emotion. If I am screaming at the refs, you better be too.

you used to have pictures......miss those

VS. CHICAGO 1 19 141 7.4 46 0 4

i wanted to see more jacobs too but when tiki is having that sorta night its hard to sit him

When he is having that kind of night why did he only have 19 touches?

Yes they had to pass later in the game to get back in it, but there is no reason why our MVP should be getting less than 25 a game.

VS. CHICAGO 1 19 141 7.4 46 0 4

i wanted to see more jacobs too but when tiki is having that sorta night its hard to sit him

a few of those were just big runs. he went through a long stretch where he couldn't gain anything. besides, i have no problem with not taking away tiki's carries. i'd rather see less passes from eli and have jacobs run in those instances instead

Guest JACKSTROUD7
a few of those were just big runs. he went through a long stretch where he couldn't gain anything. besides, i have no problem with not taking away tiki's carries. i'd rather see less passes from eli and have jacobs run in those instances instead

I agree but you have to consider the circumstances

Coughlin hates showboating.........I have no idea why some people dont get that

Brandon should hand the ball to the refs or throw it in the stands

Also you have the "this is Tikis's last year" factor which should not come into play but it does

Im not advocating taking Tiki's carries away.....I'm advocating more running plays and more series with Jacobs in there

for heavens sake would it be a mortal sin to put both in there at once?

Jack probably could do a better job than Hufnagel.

That is pretty sad too :P

Seriously though, maybe it is just because he has toned down on the "Backups are better" rhetoric and started talking about other stuff, but he hasn't been so trollish lately and has been making some really good points.

This from Mr. Eisen... :LMAO::LMAO::clap:

Mailbag for November 15, 2006

Drew writes, "I am a huge Tiki fan, and this being his last season I was looking forward to seeing him repeat his success from last season. For some reason though despite being the league leading rusher and having one of the best yards-per-carry in the league he is only averaging slightly more than 20 carries a game. Is there a reason that the team is not using their MVP more often? In the Texans game at one point in the third quarter he only had 10 carries so far in the game. That does not seem like a good use of your most potent weapon."

Dear Drew:

Sorry, but I can’t agree with you on this one. This season, Barber has 191 carries for 971 yards. After nine games last year, he had 175 carries and 855 yards. Only three backs in the NFL have more than 191 carries: Larry Johnson (217), Chester Taylor (193) and Edgerrin James (200). In the four games prior to the Houston game, Barber’s carries, in order, number 23, 26, 27 and 26. He has rushed for at least 115 yards in five of the last six games. If you add his 35 receptions (tied with Burress for the team lead), Barber has touched the ball 226 times. Only five players have more touches. Frankly, I don’t see how we are under-utilizing Tiki barber

Nice stats but they don't tell the whole story. :TU:

Holy shit I only sent that to him this morning.

And he didn't answer my question. Yes Tiki is up there with the most carries, but that is still 20ish carries a game. He should be averaging 25-30, not 21.22.

All of our losses came when Tiki has had less than 20 carries! Even if he doesn't get the Yards...the touches still keep the opposing defense honest and the clock keeps ticking.

We beat TB when he had 20+ carries but only 60-something yards.

It isn't like we need to limit his carries to keep his career going. And it doesn't even have to be Tiki, Jacobs should be getting more carries too.

When the Steelers went to the SB last year, was it Big Bens arm of the combined running game? Well and a stingy defense that had a LOT of calls go their way. We should be rushing 35 carries a game, 25 Tiki 10 Jacobs.

Sadly I doubt I can respond to his comments and expect a response, because I am really curious why they don't run the ball more often.