SportsWrath

Red Sox Like Heilman, Milledge

Blue Jeans

Healey: Red Sox Like Heilman, Milledge

Mark Healey of Gotham Baseball has a new but familiar trade rumor for us: it appears that the Red Sox would like to acquire Aaron Heilman to be their closer next year. In addition, Theo Epstein and Co. may have their eye on Lastings Milledge. It could be the makings of a Manny Ramirez trade, if the Mets want to pay Ramirez's $39MM salary over the next two seasons.

Healey was not able to confirm this info from multiple sources, but has faith in his Boston source here.

Manny's contract may be slightly less daunting than it looks. That's because $8MM of the $31MM is deferred and will be paid out in $1.94MM doses over 2011-2026. I believe that is the first time MLBTradeRumors has referenced the year 2026.

:TD:

It's not gonna happen. If we refused it two off-seasons ago, there is no reason for us to do it now.

Maybe if they throw in Loretta, but that's it. I think the Red Sox would know not to put Lastings in left field, seenig how great he played in Fenway last year :LMAO:

It's not gonna happen. If we refused it two off-seasons ago, there is no reason for us to do it now.

Maybe if they throw in Loretta, but that's it. I think the Red Sox would know not to put Lastings in left field, seenig how great he played in Fenway last year :LMAO:

Loretta is a FA.

Id rather keep Millage, The only way that he is tradeable is in a deal for a top notch pitcher like Willis.

I hope they do trade Heilmann, i thinks he walks too many people especially for a closer

I find a better bullpen piece (Borowski, Linebrink, etc.) and start Heilman on my team. He is too rested when the offseason ends. If he can log 85 IP within the first couple months that makes his pitches nastier and keeps him in control, not going all out on every pitch, and you have post-July Heilman.

Loretta is a FA.

I find a better bullpen piece (Borowski, Linebrink, etc.) and start Heilman on my team. He is too rested when the offseason ends. If he can log 85 IP within the first couple months that makes his pitches nastier and keeps him in control, not going all out on every pitch, and you have post-July Heilman.

I think we should have Heilman slated as TBD heading into spring training. And if Mota and Sanchez pick up right where they left off and we have a couple of other reliable relievers, Heilman is a starter.

Hopefully we're interested in Loretta. That'd be a great signing. We could have two Reyes in the lineups with Reyes himself and Endy Chavez batting 7th, and then Loretta would bat 8th behind him. Loretta has a similar batting style to lo Duca, so it would kinda be like having two 1-2 hitters.

:TU:

According to Damon, Manny’s poor attitude is nothing more than media hype, and every time I watched the Sox play the Yanks, he did nothing but hustle. He’s not going to provide the defense that Floyd did, but he’s a veritable run machine.

According to Damon, Manny’s poor attitude is nothing more than media hype, and every time I watched the Sox play the Yanks, he did nothing but hustle. He’s not going to provide the defense that Floyd did, but he’s a veritable run machine.

We're not getting Manny.

Floyd wasn't exactly what you'd call an awesome defender...

The last 2 years he has been very impressive in the field.

He made a few great catches and was very consistent with his throwing arm... but Manny is great with the OF assist and does make some nice catches from time to time.

Yeah, I know playing with the Green Monster helps those OF stats, but he does have a good arm.