SportsWrath

Congratulations Cardinals

feefifoefum

It hurt watching St. Louis beat the Tigers so easily. Over and over as I watched this series, I had one thought, and that was the Mets could have beaten the Tigers. I said when the playoffs started that if the Yankees were out of the picture, the Mets had a great shot to win it all.

St. Louis was due and finally got their rings before their window of opportunity slammed shut. They deserve it, so congrats Cardinals and your fans... but I hate you now.

I hate the color red. I hate birds on bats. I hate Jim Edmonds and his stupid face which reminds me of a Depression Era comic book detective. I hate Tony LaRussa's sunglasses. I hate Albert Pujols and that smug look he has on his face in the batter's box. I hate Ronnie Belliard and his lip licking. I hate David Eckstein and his girly throws to first. I hate Budweiser, but I've never really liked it. I hate that Cardinal fans were sitting in the 8th inning. I hate that there wasn't a party at Shea tonight. :cwy:

Congrats again. At least you brought it back to the NL, where they play real baseball. :rock:

Fuck them... and congrats on getting a grace from god.

The Tigers were the Tigers when they entered the post season.

The Mets had key injuries.

The Pads were victims to the 5 game series.

2006 Cardinals,... yet a step deeper into the non interesting saga of World Series.

:TD:

A team going into the World Series with 83 wins, should not win the Series.

That's gonna be us celebrating next year. I know it.

This was the year where we took another big step forward on our way to a WS championship. Now is the time where we make that final step.

Baseball season is too long though. Half the teams are either worn out and bitten by injuries that are a result of too many games and dead throwing arms.

This was the year where we took another big step forward on our way to a WS championship. Now is the time where we make that final step.

Baseball season is too long though. Half the teams are either worn out and bitten by injuries that are a result of too many games and dead throwing arms.

I really hope so. I look at the Cardinals and think maybe that will be us, knocking on the door then one year we finally win it. It's just so frustrating because the Tigers were there to be had, and I just know the Mets could have taken 'em.

I really hope so. I look at the Cardinals and think maybe that will be us, knocking on the door then one year we finally win it. It's just so frustrating because the Tigers were there to be had, and I just know the Mets could have taken 'em.

It would've been unbelievable if we managed to get to the WS though. And we didn't deserve to go there, not with the way our bats hit in 5 of the 7 games.

I wouldn't speak so soon. Not with the Yankees and Zito...he'll be perfect for us, he'll solve all of our problems. :brooding:

It would've been unbelievable if we managed to get to the WS though. And we didn't deserve to go there, not with the way our bats hit in 5 of the 7 games.

The Cardinals' bats were just as bad. Pujols had one fucking RBI in the series and we couldn't beat them. :furious:

I wouldn't speak so soon. Not with the Yankees and Zito...he'll be perfect for us, he'll solve all of our problems. :brooding:

Come on man we've been hearing these proclamations for the last few years. Nothing is guaranteed, not even the signing of Zito.

The Mets aren't going to sit idle this offseason. We should also get better. :TU: