SportsWrath

Congratulations Ben McAdoo

fishgutmartyr

I think he deserves a pat on the back for this season. Improved the performance of our franchise QB and amazingly managed to perform as well with the same problems on offense as our former 20+year offensive coordinator veteran. Now McAdoo managed to statistically improve the offense and we can put most of that on Odell Beckham Jr. with people wondering if Gilbride could have done just as well if not better with a talent like that last year. I leave the pondering of that possibility to the What If machine. Nobody cares about What if and all that matters is what has been done.

The offense struggled early on in both the running and passing and steadily improved to the point it has been for three seasons, lack of a running game and an offense reliant entirely on passing the ball. Ben McAdoo is getting the offense running on the right path to get even better in 2015. Need more help on the offensive line specifically at Center and Right Guard.

Maybe JD Walton is rusty and can be better but why wait and see if he can be after next season? Keep him on the roster. Weston Richburg did well and could do better if he gets bigger, because he struggled and lacked the power required from a center. Weston Richburg is either going to get bigger and stronger or turn into the technique center that we had in Sean O'Hara.

John Jerry was as advertised, a talented underperforming starting guard. He came to NY and continued to be a talented underperforming starting guard. We still need a guard playing up to their talent and John Jerry isn't the answer, and that answer is not on the roster. We should get another guard in free agency similar to Schwartz simply because we need more experience on a very young offensive line.

If we fix the offensive line, we have a running game and we can give a powerhouse WR core and an inexperienced TE playmaker a chance to exploit any defense.

Agreed on all counts.

Regarding Jerry, his greatest strength as a pass protector is his greatest flaw as a run blocker......he can't be moved, nor move.

Agreed on all counts.

Regarding Jerry, his greatest strength as a pass protector is his greatest flaw as a run blocker......he can't be moved, nor move.

I like the nickname BigBlueView has for John Jerry: The PIllow because you won't get passed him much but he won't move you either.

My assessment of the line was that it was a modest improvement from last year, which isn't a compliment, because when you're at the bottom, there's only one way to go.. I thought Beatty was solid all year, it was a bounce back season for him. On a go forward, I would like to see Richburg at Center, which is where I think he best fits. I think Schwartz is this team's best answer at RT, he just needs to stay healthy. And that means what do you do with Pugh. I was initially critical of any ideas about moving him inside, but he really struggled this season, and maybe he'd be better off at RG. He has good feet, and so he would be able to pull and I believe would upgrade the position, as he clearly has talent. That leaves LG, and I know Walton has primarily played OC, but you have several other candidates in Snyder, Brewer, Mosley, and Jerry. We can get by with this group, however, I'd like to see us do better than just get by.

I think there is room to add two linemen in the draft or even make a free agent splash to immediately address a OG spot. If we go OL in the first though, I think it has to be a LT unless you trade down.

I believe it was the 2013 draft where I floated the idea of taking OL with the 2nd and 3rd round picks, specifically Menelik Watson and Brian Winters (Sheldon Richardson was my first round choice)... And I think that is an approach the Giants would be well served in taking this season, depending on who is available.

Pugh was pretty adamant that he's staying at RT, saying TC told him so. Don't think he would say that if he hadn't been told as much. Beatty, like it or not, will return at LT. Agree that Richburg goes to Center and I hope he's as good as advertised there......but I'll be nervous until we know for sure. Same thing with Schwartz at Guard - hope he's more than hype. Given those uncertainties and the underwhelming group of Walton, Jerry, Mosley, Snyder, et al, I am hoping for Scherff in round 1. Plug him in at Guard for the next 10 years. He's also insurance at OT, if needed. As I've said, I know little to nothing about college players but from what I read, the guy is a beast, who would allow us to really develop a running game.