SportsWrath

NY Mets 2nd Baseman

Chopper

Who should it be?

I really hope it's not Kaz Matsui, he proved he is worthless. This is why I am pulling for Anderson Hernandez, I think he would be a very good player in 2-3 years if we start him now. Another option could be Jeff Keplinger, who is also a young prospect.

What do you guys think?

I think Matsui is going to start the season but I do want Anderson Hernandez on the final 25 man roster going into the season for pinch hitting, and possibly to motivate Kaz even more.

I agree, and if he plays crappy then bench him a week or two and see how Anderson Hernandez can do as a starter

It's a three horse race, It's impossible to tell who will start in April. Spring Training should be fun to watch. I am just hoping it is not Boone or Matsui. I am really going to follow Anderson Hernandez, known for great defense, and Jeff Keppinger, who's known for being very consistant with the bat.

Well, besides Pedro's foot holding up, the only real reason for watching Spring training games is second base.

I'm pissed off though because of the schedule makers, I have to miss almost all of opening day because of school :furious:

Well, besides Pedro's foot holding up, the only real reason for watching Spring training games is second base.

I'm pissed off though because of the schedule makers, I have to miss almost all of opening day because of school :furious:

Cut school man, I told those fucking teachers in my late classes last week to not expect me in class when the Mets play a 1:10PM game.

Cut school man, I told those fucking teachers in my late classes last week to not expect me in class when the Mets play a 1:10PM game.

I'll just watch online ninth period and miss the first hour of the game. Good thing all I won't be focusing in is gym and my teacher is a Mets fan.

I'm setting up my radio in my locker. I'm going to ask my teacher around 1:10 if I can go to the nurse because I'm not feeling well. I'll take the radio and hang out in the bathroom for the first inning. Then I'll come back, and have to go to the bathroom and listen for half an inning. Actually, in the other order. That way, I have an excuse to take my backpack with me. Better yet, I'll put the radio in back pack and have headphones.

I'm setting up my radio in my locker. I'm going to ask my teacher around 1:10 if I can go to the nurse because I'm not feeling well. I'll take the radio and hang out in the bathroom for the first inning. Then I'll come back, and have to go to the bathroom and listen for half an inning. Actually, in the other order. That way, I have an excuse to take my backpack with me. Better yet, I'll put the radio in back pack and have headphones.

Genious.

Speaking of Mets 2nd Basemen...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=3952

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Jeff Keppinger - 2B - Mets

Jeff Keppinger has been suffering from back spasms and was sent back to New York today for an examination.

Keppinger said he originally tweaked his back during high-jump drills late last week. He feels somewhat better now, but since the Mets had already made the appointment, he decided to go. Keppinger is considered the longest shot among the four candidates to become the Mets' second baseman this season. Feb. 26 - 9:33 pm et

Source: Mets.mlb.com

Speaking of Mets 2nd Basemen...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=3952

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Jeff Keppinger - 2B - Mets

Jeff Keppinger has been suffering from back spasms and was sent back to New York today for an examination.

Keppinger said he originally tweaked his back during high-jump drills late last week. He feels somewhat better now, but since the Mets had already made the appointment, he decided to go. Keppinger is considered the longest shot among the four candidates to become the Mets' second baseman this season. Feb. 26 - 9:33 pm et

Source: Mets.mlb.com

Go Hernandez.

Hernandez hit a two run triple yesterday in an inter squad game or whatever the hell they are.

We have something in this guy. Just get Matsui to do okay this season, let him leave, and then bring in Hernandez.

Today Hernandez went 1-1 with an RBI double and a run scored. Matsui blew ass and was booed all game.

Go Hernandez!

Metsblog said he was very fast, not Reyes fast, but very, very fast.

Edited by Blue_Jeans