SportsWrath

Where do you put Abreu in the batting order?

Ditto

Unless his power numbers mysteriously reappear to where you can stick him in #3, where do you put him? You don't want to move A-Rod down another notch, that would finish him. In fact, I'd pump A-Rod up to #3 for awhile and let Giambi protect him for a change.

What a lineup for the Yanks:

Damon- CF

Jeter- SS

Giambi- 1B

A-Rod- 3B

Abreu- RF

Sheffield- DH

Matsui- LF

Posada- C

Cano- R

Perfect lefty-righty combo, everyone falls into place. If I didn't know better I'd say this were an all-star lineup.

Damon- CF

Jeter- SS

Giambi- 1B

A-Rod- 3B

Abreu- RF

Sheffield- DH

Matsui- LF

Posada- C

Cano- R

Perfect lefty-righty combo, everyone falls into place. If I didn't know better I'd say this were an all-star lineup.

Horrible.

Damon- CF

Jeter- SS

Giambi- 1B

A-Rod- 3B

Abreu- RF

Sheffield- DH

Matsui- LF

Posada- C

Cano- R

Hey! Hey! I don't see Melky in there. I'm not going to like this trade if Melky's the odd man out.

I hope everyone is ready to see Melky as a 4th out-fielder next season... Because that's just what he is on this team.

He should be used as a trade bait.

Agreed, but they won't waste him as a 4th outfielder. Young prospects like him need to go down into the minors and play every day.

If he doesn't get traded he'll have a place on this team in 2+ years.

if giambi bats 3rd he will negate the speed of abreu and arod!

i dont mean stolen bases, i mean giambi will walk, arod or abreu will get a hit and have to wait for giambi to run, so they cant try and stretch their speed!

Ditto is right.

Abreu should be 3rd, because most pitchers have had a tendency to walk him.

Once he pumps up his stats for hitting....move him to clean up. :TU:

What a great problem for Torre. I'm not sure where he plays Abreu but I like moving Giambi down to 5th. Jeter is prolly the best #2 hitter in baseball. I'm not that familiar with Abreu but he's a lifetime 301 hitter so hopefully he fits in wherever you play him. As far as melky is concerned the kid proved he belongs but if Matsui comes back and Abreu basically replaces Sheff (long term) than where does Melky play?

I hope we don't trade him although he might fetch a really good arm.

I see where we got Craig Wilson so he replaces Phillips in the line up and maybe Phillips is a tradeable guy.

... than where does Melky play?

I hope we don't trade him although he might fetch a really good arm.

Trade who, Melky? Come on, paisan! You don't come over here too often, but when you do, you really like to stir things up. :LMAO:

We can't trade Melky. Don't give Cashman any ideas.

Trade who, Melky? Come on, paisan! You don't come over here too often, but when you do, you really like to stir things up. :LMAO:

Abreu is signed for the next couple of years, Matsui is signed for 3 more years. What do you do with Melky?

Abreu is signed for the next couple of years, Matsui is signed for 3 more years. What do you do with Melky?

Me? I would have him taking grounders and learning to play 1b. It's a long shot since he's not that graceful. He's a good athelete though, and smart.

Me? I would have him taking grounders and learning to play 1b. It's a long shot since he's not that graceful. He's a good athelete though, and smart.

Or the other way around.....you could also DH Abreu keep Giambi at first and get rid of Philips, and use Wilson for defensive purposes

Ditto, I love melky. I think in 2 years his power numbers are up and he starts in Left. I'm not sure about Hideki though. Sheff only wants to play another year or 2 so I don't see that as a problem.