SportsWrath

New York Mets (48-32) at New York Yankees (45-33) on 7/2/06 at 8:05 on ESPN HD

Plax 4 Prez

Why would Willie bring in Bradford in the 3rd inning. He hasn't managed like that all year. He lets his starters try to work their way through trouble. He might let them go a little longer than some would like, but thats his style. Why should he change it now just cuz we are playing the Yankees? This isn't a playoff game or anything like that, so there is no need to manage that way.

Because at the time the game was still at hand. Bradford comes in to keep the runners on base, which he has done. Soler had clearly lost it, and he let him stay in there.. A rookie who has a knack for doing this and he just leaves him in. Of course this isn't a playoff game but you want to win because of the morale that can be lost. Hell, after Bradford gets out of the jam you could let him work an inning.

Because at the time the game was still at hand. Bradford comes in to keep the runners on base, which he has done. Soler had clearly lost it, and he let him stay in there.. A rookie who has a knack for doing this and he just leaves him in. Of course this isn't a playoff game but you want to win because of the morale that can be lost. Hell, after Bradford gets out of the jam you could let him work an inning.

I understand your logic, I just don't agree with it. I'm not trying to knock you or anything, so don't take it personal. I think if he was gonna bring anyone in in that situation it would have been a long reliever. From the sound of it we don't even have Oliver available.

I am worried about Soler though. He seems like a Contreras type already.

He certainly isn't consistant. Looked like the big stage got to him tonight. Not a good sign for playoff games. <_<

I understand your logic, I just don't agree with it. I'm not trying to knock you or anything, so don't take it personal. I think if he was gonna bring anyone in in that situation it would have been a long reliever. From the sound of it we don't even have Oliver available.

I'm not believing the Dynamic Duo on Oliver starting tomorrows game. I think we either see John Maine, Evan MacLane, and a long shot, Mike Pelfrey. Heath Bell goes down until the All-Star break.

He certainly isn't consistant. Looked like the big stage got to him tonight. Not a good sign for playoff games. <_<

I have been saying it since he pitched the complete game shutout and came back to Shea. He is not a pitcher who can stay within himself and tune everyone out, and I don't want him on our roster come October.

Soooo, how bout them Mets? :LMAO:

Our three worst pitchers going against two of your best when we are coming off our one rough stretch of the season, I'm fine right now.

These Mets right now would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. Now about your Yankees...

I agree, I think we may see Maine tomorrow.