SportsWrath

See, Tiki REALLY IS a good guy.

BIGBLUE01

Barber Honored as Media "Good Guy"

Receives Good Guy Award for cooperation with the media.

By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

Read this story from your BlackBerry, phone or other wireless device at http://giants.com/wireless

June 28, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Tiki Barber has received the Good Guy Award for cooperation with the media from the Professional Football Writers of America. It is the second such award Barber has received. In December, the Giants’ record-setting running back was voted the winner of the fifth annual George Young Good Guy Award by the Giants' chapter of the Professional Football Writers.

RB Tiki Barber has been honored by the Professional Football Writers of America for his cooperation with the media.

“I'm honored that the PFWA selected me for this award,” Barber said of the national honor. “It represents the kind of person I try to be - respectful and courteous to everyone.

I hope that I provide a good example for many to emulate.”

Barber has been one of the Giants’ most accessible and cooperative players since joining the team in 1997. He is known for his friendly demeanor, patience, candor and the long, thoughtful responses with which he answers most questions. Barber is one of the most accessible star athletes in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area. He is a go-to guy in the locker room for both print and electronic media and his weekly meetings with reporters always draw large crowds.

In the offseason, Barber is a member of the media. He hosts two shows on Sirius Satellite Radio, is a regular contributor to “FOX and Friends” on the FOX News Channel and was a guest host on Good Day New York on FOX 5. In the past, Barber has been a substitute sportscaster for the CBS affiliate in New York.

“Media cooperation is essential for the health of our game,” Barber said. “They report our feats, chronicle our seasons and tell our stories to the world and our ever eager fans."

The George Young Award, named for the late general manager of the Giants, is given annually to honor a Giants player for his consistent and outstanding cooperation with the writers who cover the team on a daily basis. Previous winners include Lomas Brown, Kerry Collins, Ike Hilliard and Kurt Warner.

Barber, who played in each of the last two Pro Bowls, holds the Giants’ rushing records for both a single season (1,860 in 2005) and career (8,787). He is also second on the franchise’s career list with 528 receptions, one behind Amani Toomer.

Barber Honored as Media "Good Guy"

Receives Good Guy Award for cooperation with the media.

By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

Read this story from your BlackBerry, phone or other wireless device at http://giants.com/wireless

June 28, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Tiki Barber has received the Good Guy Award for cooperation with the media from the Professional Football Writers of America. It is the second such award Barber has received. In December, the Giants’ record-setting running back was voted the winner of the fifth annual George Young Good Guy Award by the Giants' chapter of the Professional Football Writers.

RB Tiki Barber has been honored by the Professional Football Writers of America for his cooperation with the media.

“I'm honored that the PFWA selected me for this award,” Barber said of the national honor. “It represents the kind of person I try to be - respectful and courteous to everyone.

I hope that I provide a good example for many to emulate.”

Barber has been one of the Giants’ most accessible and cooperative players since joining the team in 1997. He is known for his friendly demeanor, patience, candor and the long, thoughtful responses with which he answers most questions. Barber is one of the most accessible star athletes in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area. He is a go-to guy in the locker room for both print and electronic media and his weekly meetings with reporters always draw large crowds.

In the offseason, Barber is a member of the media. He hosts two shows on Sirius Satellite Radio, is a regular contributor to “FOX and Friends” on the FOX News Channel and was a guest host on Good Day New York on FOX 5. In the past, Barber has been a substitute sportscaster for the CBS affiliate in New York.

“Media cooperation is essential for the health of our game,” Barber said. “They report our feats, chronicle our seasons and tell our stories to the world and our ever eager fans."

The George Young Award, named for the late general manager of the Giants, is given annually to honor a Giants player for his consistent and outstanding cooperation with the writers who cover the team on a daily basis. Previous winners include Lomas Brown, Kerry Collins, Ike Hilliard and Kurt Warner.

Barber, who played in each of the last two Pro Bowls, holds the Giants’ rushing records for both a single season (1,860 in 2005) and career (8,787). He is also second on the franchise’s career list with 528 receptions, one behind Amani Toomer.

yes... he's just as good a person, as he is a player

I've been saying it for the longest time. Tiki iwill be the greatest RB in NY Giants history.

I believe he already is. He has the most yards, thats impressive. But what seperates him from the rest is his endurance, and his awesome abilty to be a receiver. The guy is phenomenal. :TU: