SportsWrath

Giants Jets Preseason Thread

Sephiroth

Playing the back half of the roster made for low quality football, but I saw a lot to be pleased with.

The Jets were pretty consistently playing their more front line players against Giants backups. Granted, it's a Jets team playing a lot of rookies and shitty starters, but that was the bottom sixty of the Giants all game (other than the starting OL and rookies). 

Ojulari can fucking play. No doubt. 

Hernandez started poorly, but turned it around after the first drive. Not sure what he changed in his preparation, but he's so much quicker turning to pull now. Great to see, just what this offense needs. Now can he consistently remember which gap is his when pass blocking!?..... Might be the case that the ugly film from camp was just him learning right from left.

Anybody see Lemieux? I didn't notice anything rough from him. Thomas, Peart, and Gates all got good reviews elsewhere I've seen. Especially Thomas. Everytime I looked his way he had his man on lockdown.

Carter Coughlin will make this team. I don't think that was really in doubt, but it's just good to see him have success so early in transitioning to a new position. 

Sills V started well, but the likes of Corey Ballantine were able to hang with him pretty well as the game went on. Practice squad is probably his best fit at this point.

Okay, after further review....

Lemieux and Solder didn't even play. How about that, was that Barton tossing guys around at second team LT? I thought it was Solder out there getting some confidence against the Jets backups.

I didn't see it myself, but there were some comments about Barton being clueless in space.

Or maybe that was Burton. Too many fringe guys with similar names.

I was about to put Sills on the practice squad, but his line looks good when you add in the PI drawn against a starter in the league. If we're getting ten yards a rep in his direction, he should be playing on Sundays.