SportsWrath

We should trade A-rod for some pitching....

shockjock

how fast you turn on someone! Arod was the MVP last year..so what if he is in a slump, He will com out of it!.. Besides I dont think their is a team that would take his contract!

It's not the slump...it's last years playoffs and this year...He NEVER comes up big when we need him. I cringed last night when I saw A-rod stepping to the plate in the 8th inning...Men on first and second, 1 out, down by one run against our cross town rivals in their house......and he grounds into an inning ending double play. He is a great player....in garbage time or early in the game. But when crunch time comes around he can't get it done...

take a look at him and jeter's stats in "clutch situations"

jeter's stats are worse last year

a-rod led the league last year in game tying or going ahead rbi's past the 7th inning.

The last thing the yanks should do right now is trade him.

I mean...lets face it...he could probably fetch us a good pitcher in the open market...and I'm sure we can find another third baseman to commit one error a game and not come up big in key spots...

i agree he has sucked byond boundaries, but it is not time to jumo off the band wagon yet.

He will learn to hit in key situations. It seems impossible that a man with 120+ RBI a year cannot come through in big situations.

Second, Nobody would take his contract, but we could get a huge name like santana for him. If you think about it though, Santana pitches once every five days, A-rod plays every day.

a-rod led the league last year in game tying or going ahead rbi's past the 7th inning.

In 2005, Rodriguez had 130 RBI. Of those, only 12 came in situations identified by statisticians as "close and late." That's a low number -- tied for 66th in the major leagues.

Link

This year, it's even worse. He's batting .100 in clutch situations. If he was batting just .200, we take that series with the Mets.

So A-rod's homer comes down by eight in the top of the ninth. If that's not stat padding, I don't know what is :LMAO:

Sorry guys, had to fix that shot at A-rod in there.

I didn't even watch the game. As soon as the Red Sox answered with two runs I knew it was over.

Slappy the Stat-Padder!

I didn't even watch the game. As soon as the Red Sox answered with two runs I knew it was over.

Slappy the Stat-Padder!

Ironically, I was at a service thing so I brought my radio to listen to the game. As soon as I heard A-rod say that while I was sitting on the toilet, I muttered to myself "slappy baby!" as this guy walks in. Thought I was a mental case but I don't know who he is and I could do what I want on the toilet anyway. Your nickname is catching fire, I've told it to some of my friends and they've taken a liking to it.

I think I'm going to be listening to Yanks games from now on rather then watching Kay and his gang on Yes. Sterling is hilarious with his calls.

i wasnt the one to bash jeter dont look at me