SportsWrath

Ok, Ive had it...this will be my last rant on this subject

since Oritz hit that home run the beaten dead horse debate of who deserved the 2005 AL MVP has ressurected. I will simply break it down like this.........I have been a fan of baseball my enitre life and I never knew the MVP award should be awarded the the best hitter in close and late game situations, its never been metnion before last season actually. With that said, if the MVP award was based soley on thatm then yes, David Ortiz was a bit better. But its not. And another fact is that even if Alex was a full time dh like Ortiz, he still had a better season and he helped his team win d the division, not the wild card(which up until 12 years ago didnt exist). Ok, Im done

since Oritz hit that home run the beaten dead horse debate of who deserved the 2005 AL MVP has ressurected. I will simply break it down like this.........I have been a fan of baseball my enitre life and I never knew the MVP award should be awarded the the best hitter in close and late game situations, its never been metnion before last season actually. With that said, if the MVP award was based soley on thatm then yes, David Ortiz was a bit better. But its not. And another fact is that even if Alex was a full time dh like Ortiz, he still had a better season and he helped his team win d the division, not the wild card(which up until 12 years ago didnt exist). Ok, Im done

Once again are you really a yankee fan??the red sox were already winning that game and i think papelkbon would of kept us shut down so it wouldnt have mattered if he hit the homer......Ardo finnally did something clutch yesterday agianst the d-rays so now go ahead jump on hos bandwagon....

Once again are you really a yankee fan??the red sox were already winning that game and i think papelkbon would of kept us shut down so it wouldnt have mattered if he hit the homer......Ardo finnally did something clutch yesterday agianst the d-rays so now go ahead jump on hos bandwagon....

Don't question that, he is a Yankee fan.

Re-Read the post. He said if the MVP was to be awarded based SOLEY on homeruns in close and late situations Ortiz wins the AL MVP. He also said this argument was only brought up last year about comparing homeruns in close and late situations...since it seems to him that the criteria for MVP (according to Red Sox fans) is homeruns in close and late situations...not the WHOLE OTHER HALF OF BASEBALL!

Don't question that, he is a Yankee fan.

Re-Read the post. He said if the MVP was to be awarded based SOLEY on homeruns in close and late situations Ortiz wins the AL MVP. He also said this argument was only brought up last year about comparing homeruns in close and late situations...since it seems to him that the criteria for MVP (according to Red Sox fans) is homeruns in close and late situations...not the WHOLE OTHER HALF OF BASEBALL!

thanks smalls, you saved me some time.

I'm in agreement simply because A-Rod wasn't the MVP of the Yankees. I can think of 4 Yankees who were more deserving of that, namely Jeter, Giambi, Matsui, and Shefield.

you talking about this year or last year?