SportsWrath

First Waiver Wire Name of Interest

Gman329

Max Starks has been cut by the Chargers. He's 31, started all 16 games for the Steelers last year. I know SD's OL has been terrible in preseason and obviously, Starks is part of that but this guy was a long time solid fixture on the Steelers OL right up to last year. Has he gone down hill that quickly? Hard to believe he wouldn't be better than what I saw from Brewer at OT last night.

Max Starks has been cut by the Chargers. He's 31, started all 16 games for the Steelers last year. I know SD's OL has been terrible in preseason and obviously, Starks is part of that but this guy was a long time solid fixture on the Steelers OL right up to last year. Has he gone down hill that quickly? Hard to believe he wouldn't be better than what I saw from Brewer at OT last night.

Our version of Diehl?

Hmmmmm, then again, maybe not.....

http://www.utsandieg...iners-chargers/

Max Starks had a bad night Thursday. Worse, the game film provided no relief on Friday. There were no gaffes by other Chargers backups that compromised Starks in pass protection. It was simple: 49ers edge rushers whipped the left tackle in four one-on-one matchups over a span of eight dropbacks Thursday night. None of those 49ers are starters.

The breakdowns came in all flavors--speed rushes to both sides and a bull rush that rocked the 6-foot-8, 345-pounder. Beyond the three sacks, Starks allowed a hit on Charlie Whitehurst that led to a 49ers touchdown off an interception.

All of the hits came in 2.6 seconds or under. Whitehurst is lucky to have survived.