SportsWrath

I didn't realize they were able to leave their feet.

JMFP

.....and he saw more work than Nassib.

Didn't know this thread was about Nassib.

Thought it was about a 4th round LB who will be a ST player all his career.

I hope he does have a good career though, might even rival DeOssie stats when he retires.

Didn't know this thread was about Nassib.

Thought it was about a 4th round LB who will be a ST player all his career.

I hope he does have a good career though, might even rival DeOssie stats when he retires.

It's about finding linebackers.

One team drafts them.....another team drafts 3rd string QBs and then hunts for LBs here....

dumpster-diving.jpg

Amazing Reese didn't pull a filet mignon from the one behind the dog food factory.

It's about finding linebackers.

One team drafts them.....another team drafts 3rd string QBs and then hunts for LBs here....

dumpster-diving.jpg

Amazing Reese didn't pull a filet mignon from the one behind the dog food factory.

Maybe we could sign him for cheap after Chicago cuts him?

You mean after that DB on the ground already hit him?

he wasn't even credited with this tackle. He had one on a 6 yard RB sweep. Bosworth had more tackles in one game, then Greene has in three. Reese can't find LB's though

he wasn't even credited with this tackle. He had one on a 6 yard RB sweep. Bosworth had more tackles in one game, then Greene has in three. Reese can't find LB's though

Greene will be backing up Lance Briggs, and contributing on special teams.

No need to slam Greene because he was drafted by a team with a very deep linebacker tradition.

If Greene were drafted by the Giants, he'd probably have a strong chance at getting a starting job.

Greene will be backing up Lance Briggs, and contributing on special teams.

No need to slam Greene because he was drafted by a team with a very deep linebacker tradition.

If Greene were drafted by the Giants, he'd probably have a strong chance at getting a starting job.

I'll take the Giant's tradition of actually winning games over a tradition of having linebackers.

Good linebacker play was part of that equation.

With mediocre linebackers.

Honestly if you are trying to compare LB "tradition" between the Da Bears and the Giant's shouldn't the Bears who has had a vastly better LB core over the last 10 seasons been able to achieve more then the Giants?

Compare the Bears LB core to the Giants in 2007 and 2011, none of the LBs the Giants had would of even been starters on the Bears.

With mediocre linebackers.

Honestly if you are trying to compare LB "tradition" between the Da Bears and the Giant's shouldn't the Bears who has had a vastly better LB core over the last 10 seasons been able to achieve more then the Giants?

Compare the Bears LB core to the Giants in 2007 and 2011, none of the LBs the Giants had would of even been starters on the Bears.

Pierce and Kawika Mitchell were effective in 2007; Boley had a career year in 2011, and Blackburn played over his head.

The reason the Giants won 2 Super Bowls has alot to do with their QB....if I recall, Eli Manning won both games on his final drives.

I suppose I can apply the "Giants won 2 Super Bowls" to magically cure every glaring weakness on the team.

For example, the Giants won 2 Super Bowls with David Diehl at Left Tackle.....therefore, the current issues with the offensive line are a figment of my imagination?

Pierce and Kawika Mitchell were effective in 2007; Boley had a career year in 2011, and Blackburn played over his head.

The reason the Giants won 2 Super Bowls has alot to do with their QB....if I recall, Eli Manning won both games on his final drives.

I suppose I can apply the "Giants won 2 Super Bowls" to magically cure every glaring weakness on the team.

For example, the Giants won 2 Super Bowls with David Diehl at Left Tackle.....therefore, the current issues with the offensive line are a figment of my imagination?

When did I say the Giant's winning two Super Bowls was a cure to the weaknesses on the team? Now your just making stuff up that is on the level of Jack's replies.

The Giant's won two SBs with next to mediocre LBs on the team you can claim all you want that AP or Mitchell and Boley had "career" years yet when they left the Giant's what did any of them do? Better yet what did any of them do before coming to the Giants? Yet you still claim that the Giant's wont do anything unless they have guys like Chicago has drafted because they "pay attention to the position. The Giant's have been the more successful franchise even with Chicago's "legacy" of LBs.

Plus the funny point is, you use Eli manning as an example that it's a team game. Last I checked the LB unit wasn't the only ones out there on the defense, we have a DL and secondary as well to with the line backing unit.

I know what you're trying to say Joe, that the LB unit which was apart of the 31st ranked defense last year hasnt improved, but don't try to act like JR and CO don't know how to win a game in the NFL, or know what it takes out of the LB position to win.

Or that a 4th round ST player would of magically made us the top 5 defense in the league.

When did I say the Giant's winning two Super Bowls was a cure to the weaknesses on the team? Now your just making stuff up that is on the level of Jack's replies.

The Giant's won two SBs with next to mediocre LBs on the team you can claim all you want that AP or Mitchell and Boley had "career" years yet when they left the Giant's what did any of them do? Better yet what did any of them do before coming to the Giants? Yet you still claim that the Giant's wont do anything unless they have guys like Chicago has drafted because they "pay attention to the position. The Giant's have been the more successful franchise even with Chicago's "legacy" of LBs.

Plus the funny point is, you use Eli manning as an example that it's a team game. Last I checked the LB unit wasn't the only ones out there on the defense, we have a DL and secondary as well to with the line backing unit.

I know what you're trying to say Joe, that the LB unit which was apart of the 31st ranked defense last year hasnt improved, but don't try to act like JR and CO don't know how to win a game in the NFL, or know what it takes out of the LB position to win.

Or that a 4th round ST player would of magically made us the top 5 defense in the league.

You are the one bringing up 2007 and 2011.....so again, my question to you is: because the Giants have won 2 championships, there is no room for improvement?

As far as Pierce and Boley are concerned, they each played well in 2007 and 2011, respectively. Chase Blackburn also figured into the mix both years. For reasons that utterly escape me, Blackburn - who would have been a terrific backup on a good linebacker unit - was allowed to walk for chump change. That move in itself made no sense.....Chase knew more about Fewell's defense than anyone else on the team.

Players age, or get injured, or both. Teams need to have succession plans.....in the case of the Bears and Ravens, they have made moves to replace guys like Urlacher and Lewis.

We've got issues because every year it's a bandaid approach.....Curry was a swing and miss....Rivers so far hasn't had a big impact.....Tulloch was a shell of his former self....Reese has either misdrafted or ignored the position in the draft so many times it's absurd.

Our most promising young linebacker was a 6th round draft pick.....that sort of half-assed investment in LBs is one of the reasons why its going to be Mediocre Committee in 2013.

You are the one bringing up 2007 and 2011.....so again, my question to you is: because the Giants have won 2 championships, there is no room for improvement?

As far as Pierce and Boley are concerned, they each played well in 2007 and 2011, respectively. Chase Blackburn also figured into the mix both years. For reasons that utterly escape me, Blackburn - who would have been a terrific backup on a good linebacker unit - was allowed to walk for chump change. That move in itself made no sense.....Chase knew more about Fewell's defense than anyone else on the team.

Players age, or get injured, or both. Teams need to have succession plans.....in the case of the Bears and Ravens, they have made moves to replace guys like Urlacher and Lewis.

We've got issues because every year it's a bandaid approach.....Curry was a swing and miss....Rivers so far hasn't had a big impact.....Tulloch was a shell of his former self....the draft picks have had so many misses it's an embarrassment.

Our most promising young linebacker was a 6th round draft pick.....that sort of half-assed investment in LBs is one of the reasons why its going to be Mediocre Committee in 2013.

Here's my thing.

I understand where you are coming from, that every team needs to invest in draft picks for back ups and young talent so when people go down or retire or just become to old for the game (Diehl) then it's nice to an "succession plan" The Ravens and Bears had to draft LBs because two of the better LBs of this generation Lewis and Urlacher(sp) retired. And I understand that really the Giant's havn't giving the LB a look in the draft in ages, but honestly what have the other two teams done that the Giant's have already surpassed.

Now what I ask you is, what position on the Giant's is worse off then the LBs or on the same level of talent? I would say none. The O-line is better then last years by a long shot, the RBs are better is not the same, the WRs seem to be getting better every year. The DL seems to be in much much better shape then previous years and the secondary although losing Brown, looks like players like Sash/Mundy are going to step right up into place.

Really you make it seem like the LBs are ignored and the rest of the team is falling to pieces around it, where in fact if anything the Giant's had a better "succession plan" for every other position this year. I would wager to say every position got better from last, including LB (if not by much).

The Giant's obviously put their efforts into the O-line and D-line which were the two utmost important position in our recent SB runs, not to mention that better play from the D-line will ease up tension on our "neglected" LB core.

And the reason I bring up the two SBs and all this talk about Chicago's "legacy" of LBs, is that yes the Ravens and Bears have focused heavily into the LB postion, but I ask again what has it got them that the Giant's haven't already achieved? You make it seem like in the last 20 years the Bears have dominated all of football because all they have done is shown love to the LB, when in reality it's a team game and you need to improve more then one position to win games.

If anything the Bears and Ravens should take a look at the Giant's to see how to build a team which is the two front lines which is how atleast in the last of however long I've been watching the Giants, is what the Giants do.

Here's my thing.

I understand where you are coming from, that every team needs to invest in draft picks for back ups and young talent so when people go down or retire or just become to old for the game (Diehl) then it's nice to an "succession plan" The Ravens and Bears had to draft LBs because two of the better LBs of this generation Lewis and Urlacher(sp) retired. And I understand that really the Giant's havn't giving the LB a look in the draft in ages, but honestly what have the other two teams done that the Giant's have already surpassed.

Now what I ask you is, what position on the Giant's is worse off then the LBs or on the same level of talent? I would say none. The O-line is better then last years by a long shot, the RBs are better is not the same, the WRs seem to be getting better every year. The DL seems to be in much much better shape then previous years and the secondary although losing Brown, looks like players like Sash/Mundy are going to step right up into place.

Really you make it seem like the LBs are ignored and the rest of the team is falling to pieces around it, where in fact if anything the Giant's had a better "succession plan" for every other position this year. I would wager to say every position got better from last, including LB (if not by much).

The Giant's obviously put their efforts into the O-line and D-line which were the two utmost important position in our recent SB runs, not to mention that better play from the D-line will ease up tension on our "neglected" LB core.

And the reason I bring up the two SBs and all this talk about Chicago's "legacy" of LBs, is that yes the Ravens and Bears have focused heavily into the LB postion, but I ask again what has it got them that the Giant's haven't already achieved? You make it seem like in the last 20 years the Bears have dominated all of football because all they have done is shown love to the LB, when in reality it's a team game and you need to improve more then one position to win games.

If anything the Bears and Ravens should take a look at the Giant's to see how to build a team which is the two front lines which is how atleast in the last of however long I've been watching the Giants, is what the Giants do.

I'm talking about a position of need: linebacker. This is a position that fans, sportswriters, and draft analysts all identified as being an issue for the Giants this year.

The linebacker position needs to be improved, and therefore, when the discussion becomes "how do you improve linebackers?", I would say it's a good idea to look at teams that have good linebackers. Therefore, I'm looking at the Bears.

The fact that the Bears haven't won a Super Bowl since 1985 has much less to do with their defense than their offense. Specifically, the Bears haven't gotten the production or leadership they need from the QB position. The Giants on the other hand have Eli Manning, a 2 time SB MVP. If you put Eli Manning on the Bears, and gave us Rex Grossman, I seriously doubt the Giants would be Super Bowl Champions.

The Bears defense took them to a Super Bowl recently, and Rex Grossman was thoroughly outclassed by Peyton Manning.

The New Orleans Saints won a Super Bowl because Drew Brees was brilliant. That does not render a discussion of improving their defense irrelevant.

Some teams have inferior defensive lines....I would imagine that they are studying what the Giants have done to improve the unit.

So, bringing this back home, the Giants should study what other teams have done to strengthen their linebackers. It's clearly an area of need, and the fact that the Giants won a Super Bowl in 2007 and 2011 with linebackers that are no longer on the team has no bearing. In fact, the reverse is true....when their linebackers play well (e.g., Pierce, Kawika Mitchell, Blackburn, Torbor, Wilkinson in 2007; Boley, Blackburn, Kiwinuka, Williams in 2011), it greatly helps the team.

I'm talking about a position of need: linebacker. This is a position that fans, sportswriters, and draft analysts all identified as being an issue for the Giants this year.

The linebacker position needs to be improved, and therefore, when the discussion becomes "how do you improve linebackers?", I would say it's a good idea to look at teams that have good linebackers. Therefore, I'm looking at the Bears.

The fact that the Bears haven't won a Super Bowl since 1985 has much less to do with their defense than their offense. Specifically, the Bears haven't gotten the production or leadership they need from the QB position. The Giants on the other hand have Eli Manning, a 2 time SB MVP. If you put Eli Manning on the Bears, and gave us Rex Grossman, I seriously doubt the Giants would be Super Bowl Champions.

The Bears defense took them to a Super Bowl recently, and Rex Grossman was thoroughly outclassed by Peyton Manning.

The New Orleans Saints won a Super Bowl because Drew Brees was brilliant. That does not render a discussion of improving their defense irrelevant.

Some teams have inferior defensive lines....I would imagine that they are studying what the Giants have done to improve the unit.

So, bringing this back home, the Giants should study what other teams have done to strengthen their linebackers. It's clearly an area of need, and the fact that the Giants won a Super Bowl in 2007 and 2011 with linebackers that are no longer on the team has no bearing.

So you're saying that other teams have areas of weakness as well?

That a team cant fill every single hole on their team? That the Bears even though they invested more then enough into their D didn't invest anything into their O and chose to ignore that side of ball for many seasons?

The New Orleans Saints had a weak defense? So you're saying that they have weaknesses on that side of the ball? Do they still have those weaknesses or have they filled all the holes yet? How is Brees and all that cap money tied up on that side of the ball helping them out by finding them a decent D-line or secondary?

Or is it that a team has to pick and choose what positions it can invest talent and money into, much like investing 20+ million into a franchise QB leaving some other positions thinner? That maybe a team has to focus on other area of need from season to season while neglecting another area of need from season to season, because if they just picked a single position every year to improve then all the weaker positions just get that much weaker.

Bringing it home, maybe the Giant's figure much like in previous successful years, that if they continue to build the strong positions of O-line, D-line, WR, DB, RB that the team has, then maybe the one weaker area of the team (which has been improved from the previous year) the LB core can be supported by the players around it.

Of course this is just ridiculous thinking, obviously no other team in the league has a weak area or areas on their team that they have trouble addressing season after season.

Of course this is just ridiculous thinking, obviously no other team in the league has a weak area or areas on their team that they have trouble addressing season after season.

When a team has an area of weakness, and does nothing in the draft to address it, fans are likely to critique the decision....especially when picks are used on areas that do not require attention.