SportsWrath

5 UP, 5 DOWN

Allstarjim

If we go 2nd round OT, I want Justin Pugh if he's there over Long or Watson

Being a big time SU fan since I was a baby...not to mention I did some grad work there back in the 90's, I would like to see the Giants take a guy from the orange squad. I think Pugh will be available in the 2nd round, but because of his size, I suspect Long will go before him simply because of his freaky size and athleticism. According to papa Howie and brother Chris, Kyle is the most athletic one of the family....played baseball and was a left handed pitcher throwing in the mid to high 90's. He's played both OT and Guard (and DE too for that matter - had 16 sacks in 2 seasons) and one year at left tackle, but ended up playing left guard - not sure why they moved him there. I believe he can play tackle or guard and depending on which analysis you read, he's listed as a LT or a LG.

Pugh: small, but tenacious - plays big, practices harder than teammates, and very disciplined.

Long: perfect size for the position with all the athleticism to be a pro-bowler. Discipline and character is questionable.

I think long term, Long will become the better of the two providing he wants to. Still...wouldn't mind having either on the team. Pugh was one of the few bright spots on the orange and he will give you everything he's got on every play.

Being a big time SU fan since I was a baby...not to mention I did some grad work there back in the 90's, I would like to see the Giants take a guy from the orange squad. I think Pugh will be available in the 2nd round, but because of his size, I suspect Long will go before him simply because of his freaky size and athleticism. According to papa Howie and brother Chris, Kyle is the most athletic one of the family....played baseball and was a left handed pitcher throwing in the mid to high 90's. He's played both OT and Guard (and DE too for that matter - had 16 sacks in 2 seasons) and one year at left tackle, but ended up playing left guard - not sure why they moved him there. I believe he can play tackle or guard and depending on which analysis you read, he's listed as a LT or a LG.

Pugh: small, but tenacious - plays big, practices harder than teammates, and very disciplined.

Long: perfect size for the position with all the athleticism to be a pro-bowler. Discipline and character is questionable.

I think long term, Long will become the better of the two providing he wants to. Still...wouldn't mind having either on the team. Pugh was one of the few bright spots on the orange and he will give you everything he's got on every play.

I don't think OL needs to be big at all.. in terms of height at least. My ideal prototype OL is that who's 6' to maybe 6 3" 300+ lbs with quick feet. If I remember correctly the best OL we had in recent memory had O'Hara at center and Snee at Guard.. etc. It's not surprising David Diehl is our weakest link.

I don't think OL needs to be big at all.. in terms of height at least. My ideal prototype OL is that who's 6' to maybe 6 3" 300+ lbs with quick feet. If I remember correctly the best OL we had in recent memory had O'Hara at center and Snee at Guard.. etc. It's not surprising David Diehl is our weakest link.

For the tackle position, height is a good thing. Guards just need to be cement blocks that can move fast enough to get in the way and ideally, push a hole open when called upon. Tackles need to be much more quick on their feet and have long steps and long arms to deal with the whole new breed of DE's and LB's coming out of nowhere.

I think Pugh is gonna be better, for that reason, he will work harder. What I am hearing about Long is he didn't interview well, heard he's a bit of an asshole. Mayock, has us taken Pugh in the 1st round